• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 8/29/2017 at 6:53 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

Sounds to me that a little bit of astrology is going on here versus really digging into God's Word and see what it says.

When you see why the sun, moon and stars were given ... then it may change your way of thinking.

יד  וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי מְאֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהַבְדִּיל, בֵּין הַיּוֹם וּבֵין הַלָּיְלָה; וְהָיוּ לְאֹתֹת וּלְמוֹעֲדִים, וּלְיָמִים וְשָׁנִים. Genesis 1:14 And God said: 'Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;

So we have the term -- SIGN -- Oht, but the term I want to focus on is the term -- Mo-a-deh -- in this case -- it's plural so it shows as Mo-a-dim -- which is translated here as SEASONS, but it's really better translated -- APPOINTMENTS or God's appointed TIMES!

For example we see the same word here ...

כא  וְאֶת-בְּרִיתִי, אָקִים אֶת-יִצְחָק, אֲשֶׁר תֵּלֵד לְךָ שָׂרָה לַמּוֹעֵד הַזֶּה, בַּשָּׁנָה הָאַחֶרֶת. Genesis 17:21 But My covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.'

Moadim is announcing God's appointed times! There was a connection to God's appointments -- and HIS COVENANTS!

ב  דַּבֵּר אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵהֶם, מוֹעֲדֵי יְהוָה, אֲשֶׁר-תִּקְרְאוּ אֹתָם מִקְרָאֵי קֹדֶשׁ--אֵלֶּה הֵם, מוֹעֲדָי. Leviticus 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them: The appointed seasons of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are My appointed seasons.

So the FEASTS of the LORD which are connected to GOD's TIMELINE -- it's all connected to the same WORD -- Modeh.  So how do we know the APPOINTMENTS of the LORD -- by the SUN, MOON and STARS it says in Genesis 1!

What's the NEXT appointment we're expecting?  The Lord's return right?

Luk 21:25  "And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

From what I can tell God used prophets to tell Israel to get their hearts right before Him or He will punish them for their sins. And time and time again Israel refused to repent and God did what He said He was going to do.

Just so you know, when Jonah went to Nivevah, the Rabbis say that He preached the day of an eclipse thus God used the eclipse to bring national repentance.  We know from history that there was a eclipse that went right over Iraq in 763 B.C.

Amazingly, with all the criticism of different ministries in Houston, and leader responses, etc... I've not heard a single call for repentance!

Right now, we're in the month of Elul coming up to Rosh HaShannah -- It's the season for repentance ... will we respond?

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

What it is interesting about this passage is that Jesus doesn't say keep an eye out for possible signs of the end times.

However, the Lord did say in several places to WATCH, and gave us signs to watch for.  But Prophecy is NOT GIVEN to be FEARFUL, but rather for encouragement, exhortation, and the uplifting of the Saints!

1Co 14:3  On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 

This a guess so don't hold me to that idea. Just a thought that is all. 

I'm not holding you to any idea. :)  Remember when I started this thread ... I said in the first post ...

On 8/28/2017 at 6:53 AM, George said:

There was a lot going on last week ... are you watching?  Are you even aware?  

Without reading too much into what happened ... there's certainly quite a few things that make you wonder,

It's the MONTH of ELUL, when all of these are taking place!   This is a devotional I wrote on the subject.

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/approach-season-repentance

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, George said:

How does this topic get SO FAR OFF TRACK?  Amazing! :)

I think its amazing it stayed on topic as long as it did.  :)

• Steward

4 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I think its amazing it stayed on topic as long as it did.  :)

Well, I'm determined to keep it on track.  And keep the focus on repentance ... however it seems lost to most people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, George said:

Well, I'm determined to keep it on track.  And keep the focus on repentance ... however it seems lost to most people.

It's also been my experience lately that a lot of believers seem somewhat apathetic or fatigued or confused on what to do.  Repentance is a good place to start.  We need to redouble our efforts to disengage from worldly behavior and seek first His kingdom and righteousness.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/28/2017 at 6:53 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

As I compiled Worthy News this week, it's interesting to hear how many EVENTS were historic this week and I'm wondering if anyone saw the correlations involved.

On August 21st we had the eclipse over just the United States, the last time an eclipse went ONLY over the U.S. was 1776.  In the mind of the Rabbis, a solar eclipse means possible judgment to the nations because the "Gentiles" use the Solar Calendar, and a Lunar eclipse represents possible judgment to Israel since Israel's calendar is based on a lunar cycle.

Now Hurricane Harvey wasn't even on the RADAR screen until Wednesday, which happened to be the same day that Jared Kushner arrived in Israel.  What's interesting was that Trump had backed away from a Two-State Solution this year.  

However, "on Wednesday, as Kushner’s party was landing in Israel, Heather Nauert, the State Department spokeswoman, made it clear that nothing on the two-state front had changed."

Now Harvey hits near Corpus Christi -- which means "Body of Christ" -- and there are mass evacuations from there.  What could this imply?  

Harvey, when its all said and done, may be the most expensive natural disaster in the history of the United States.  

There was a lot going on last week ... are you watching?  Are you even aware?  

Without reading too much into what happened ... there's certainly quite a few things that make you wonder,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Apologize, I am unable to read all the posts, hope I'm not repeating too much of what others may have said.  Southern Asia is getting flooded by monsoons as we speak and many more people displaced and killed than so far in the south USA.........what comes to mind with all this flooding is what Jesus said.....as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man......not that the Lord will drown the entire world with a flood again, but just that I believe all the flooding is a reminder of the lateness of the hour and it is one way that these are like the days of Noah, reminding us to fear the Lord and be looking up.  Regarding Israel.....I believe it's a bit too soon for Daniel's prophesy about dividing the land for gain to be fulfilled.....if I understand it aright, this will be done by antichrist and he is not revealed yet.....though the way things are going I also believe that won't be long.  And just to add that Israel herself undergoes chastisement of the Lord......when nations turn against her it is because the Lord allows it........and then He in turns judges the nation(s) that touches the apple of His eye.......who can fathom His ways?  The same is true of His church.  But our mandate as followers of Christ changes not one iota because of external circumstances due to climate, wars, disasters or politics......church is here for one reason, and that is to hold up the light of the gospel.........all the more when everything that can be shaken is shaken.

As we know, eclipse of the sun is usually a warning, not good news.....and this one was unusual especially because it will be repeated in 7 years and form an x over the USA (or is it a cross?)....so my feeling is that we are meant to stay awake and pay attention to it.  It could be the Lord is going to lay a cross on our shoulders, for USA, Canada and Israel.........for USA the eclipse forming a cross....for Canada I saw a picture that someone took of the eclipse on our west coast and the sun rays peeking out in four directions formed a cross, though I have not been able to verify it yet......and someone who I hear from in Israel said he saw a little vision or picture of a shadow of a cross over Israel...beginning in Syria and spreading south over Israel, like the cross was planted in Syria and cast its shadow over Israel...........so taken all together , if these are all valid, it does begin to look like we need to be prepared for something.  Maybe they are also speaking of revival........hope and pray there will be a revival of the cross during time of trouble.

• Steward

AccuWeather predicts Hurricane Harvey to be the most costly natural disaster in US history

http://worthy.info/1sh

“This is the costliest and worst natural disaster in American history. AccuWeather has raised its estimate of the impact to the nation’s gross national produce, or GDP, to $190 billion or a full one percent, which exceeds totals of economic impact of Katrina and Sandy combined.

• Steward

The rain from Harvey dumped 51.88 inches east of Houston in Mont Belvieu, Texas, making it the heaviest tropical downpour in the history of the continental United States. The previous record was 48 inches set in 1978 in Medina, Texas during Tropical Storm Amelia.  

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/august/as-deluge-ends-houston-by-the-numbers-20-17-000-51-88-13-000

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, George said:

The rain from Harvey dumped 51.88 inches east of Houston in Mont Belvieu, Texas, making it the heaviest tropical downpour in the history of the continental United States. The previous record was 48 inches set in 1978 in Medina, Texas during Tropical Storm Amelia.  

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/august/as-deluge-ends-houston-by-the-numbers-20-17-000-51-88-13-000

The last time we had something this destructive was Katrina 12 years ago nearly to the day, and almost in the same area of the country, and that followed the US strong arming Israel to relinquishing Gaza and displacing Israeli citizens from their homes.  Gaza is the property of Israel, namely the tribe of Judah.  The US forced Israel to give over part of its covenant land their sworn enemy.

Now, that the Trump administration has backed off the promise to move the embassy to J'lem and is now trying to revive peace talks, things might get even worse for us.   "Peace talks"  is just code for, "more Israeli land give away."