LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Ten days before Hurricane Harvey.President Donald Trump signed an executive order revoking a set of regulations that would have made federally funded infrastructure less vulnerable to flooding.  

The Obama-era rules, which had not yet gone into effect, would have required the federal government to take into account the risk of flooding and sea-level rise as a result of climate change when constructing new infrastructure and rebuilding after disasters.

In the coming days, Congress will be called upon to send billions of federal dollars to help with the state's recovery and rebuilding efforts.

But because of Trump's rollback of President Barack Obama's Federal Flood Risk Management Standard, experts across the political spectrum say much of the federal money sent to Texas is likely to be wasted on construction that will insufficiently protect against the next storm.

Again I say Trump cares not what is good for the people. He only wants to undo what President Obama did for the sake of undoing. Anyway, you can read the full story at the link.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-reversed-regulations-protect-infrastructure-201453040.html.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

required the federal government to take into account the risk of flooding and sea-level rise as a result of climate change 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-reversed-regulations-protect-infrastructure-201453040.html.

Go Trump!

i read too much spin here. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Ten days before Hurricane Harvey.President Donald Trump signed an executive order revoking a set of regulations that would have made federally funded infrastructure less vulnerable to flooding.  

The Obama-era rules, which had not yet gone into effect, would have required the federal government to take into account the risk of flooding and sea-level rise as a result of climate change when constructing new infrastructure and rebuilding after disasters.

In the coming days, Congress will be called upon to send billions of federal dollars to help with the state's recovery and rebuilding efforts.

But because of Trump's rollback of President Barack Obama's Federal Flood Risk Management Standard, experts across the political spectrum say much of the federal money sent to Texas is likely to be wasted on construction that will insufficiently protect against the next storm.

Again I say Trump cares not what is good for the people. He only wants to undo what President Obama did for the sake of undoing. Anyway, you can read the full story at the link.

you know, most people with engeneering skills and building skills and the city planners  have common since and know how to do their job, till you start making them jump through fedral regulation hoops, pay bribes for permits and follow legislated stupidity. if people are not engeneers builders or city planners and haven't experianced the pure stupidity of the fedral government milking, micro managment, delays, rules, they really shouldn't have an opinion.

Im a third generation horse trainer with over 100 years of horse husbandry experiance passed on to me. You cant believe the stupidty of rules, laws and opinions passed around by people that do not know a hoof from a paw.

Let people who are trained to do their job, do their job. Nut Jobs want to control everyone and everything and get their hand in the pot. putting the responsibility to do a good job on the people doing the job, that are trained and experianced doing the job always turns out better then ignorant control freaks with no knowledge or experiance wanting to tell everyone how to do their job.

those 15 mile stretches of highway and buildings under water that took 15 years and billions and billions to build are never the original product planned they are the result of ignorant legistation, fedral, state and city opinions and forced changes from regulation and legilation from people with NO eneneering skills.

Edited by Reinitin

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Regulatons, especially the mountain of regulations passed by the Obama administration only prevent progress from happening.   It often take years to cut through the red tape of regulations.

Houston and places like it could suffer the same kind of flood for the next 20 years before we were able to get past all of the requirements.   Regulations are a burden on business and infrastructure because nothing can get done.   The government is notoriously slow and when I say slow, I mean "glacial."  Those Obama regulations could keep infrastructure stalled for decades while we wait for approval to move ahead.

Obama's regulations are not good for anyone, never have been. 

Just sit back and watch it all burn I guess. Wearing your "Make American Great Again" hats. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Just sit back and watch it all burn I guess. Wearing your "Make American Great Again" hats. 

actually, we are wading in knee deep water saving people. opening our homes to people who lost their homes watching a bunch of people cry about being hated burn it. we are buying, beds, blankets towels, food, water driving 5 hours in horrible traffic and giving to people in need to turn around and do it again while our love ones are putting themselves in harms way fighting raging water to pull out people that are trapped. while selfi sh hateful people sit on their couches collecting their welfare check, living off their parents and grandoarents and handicapped family members checks smoking their bongs  point their judgmental fingers and burning our flags, smashing our history, and mocking our President. You are fooling yourself if you are singing glory to God and hating your neighbor.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I wonder how the Romans built aqueducts and roads that have lasted two millennia - through all kinds of 'climate change'  . . . WITHOUT Obama administration regulations?

Imagine what they could have done if they'd had them!

Blessings,

-Ed

• Loved it! 1

21 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

actually, we are wading in knee deep water saving people. opening our homes to people who lost their homes watching a bunch of people cry about being hated burn it. we are buying, beds, blankets towels, food, water driving 5 hours in horrible traffic and giving to people in need to turn around and do it again while our love ones are putting themselves in harms way fighting raging water to pull out people that are trapped. while selfi sh hateful people sit on their couches collecting their welfare check, living off their parents and grandoarents and handicapped family members checks smoking their bongs  point their judgmental fingers and burning our flags, smashing our history, and mocking our President. You are fooling yourself if you are singing glory to God and hating your neighbor.

I'm not on welfare and I don't live with my parents and I have not burn any flags and I do not hate anyone.  Sounds like you are the one pointing the finger and judging. 

• Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
39 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

actually, no.  Regulations have been part of the reason more people were put out of work and some companies could not hire.  The Obama administration put an ungodly number of regulations on industry and drove industry from our country.

Liberal policies are the kiss of death to progress and prosperity.   The Obama administration is the living proof of why liberals should not be put in charge of anything.   They destroy everything they put their hands on.   They are a liability to America and it's well-being.

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I wonder how the Romans built aqueducts and roads that have lasted two millennia - through all kinds of 'climate change'  . . . WITHOUT Obama administration regulations?

Imagine what they could have done if they'd had them!

Blessings,

-Ed

They would never have gotten permission to build them, if they had Obama admin regulations. They would still be waiting for government permission.