Can't find happiness

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I lost my mom and dad at a young age. Ever since I've been looking for a partner because I feel all alone in life. I tithe regularly. I show great compassion to others and im doing my best to be a good woman. I have given my life to God. However, every man I let into my life has left me. It's happened over 10 times. Right now I'm so lonely and I feel God has left me or forgotten me and I don't understand anything. I'm. So hurt and lonely and I feel like I've done something terrible to deserve all this pain. Nothing is working out and although I keep asking God to send me the man he had predestined for me the wrong ones keep showing up and hurting me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Will pray for you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,903
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you!

Remember that God is our first love. Ask Him to fill your heart with joy first; hoping to fill that hole in our heart with anything else, even with a Godly marriage to another Christian, won't suffice!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Being alone is better than being with the wrong person.  Don't rush into things.  If these men all left you, then you are better off because they were not the right one.  Single people have more options today than they used to.  There are all kinds of places you can go where they match you up with people that have the same personality types and interests.  Even if you try that option, make sure you really get to know the person you are dating.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/6/2017 at 11:40 AM, Harry's Girl said:

I lost my mom and dad at a young age. Ever since I've been looking for a partner because I feel all alone in life. I tithe regularly. I show great compassion to others and im doing my best to be a good woman. I have given my life to God. However, every man I let into my life has left me. It's happened over 10 times. Right now I'm so lonely and I feel God has left me or forgotten me and I don't understand anything. I'm. So hurt and lonely and I feel like I've done something terrible to deserve all this pain. Nothing is working out and although I keep asking God to send me the man he had predestined for me the wrong ones keep showing up and hurting me. 

You have to be happy with yourself. Finding a partner is not going to make you whole. You are not alone as God is always with you. You need to give this to God and tell Him everything that is on your heart. You need to not have control over what happens in your life and if and who God will bring into your life for a Christian relationship. God's timing is different than our timing. You need to sit back and see what God is going to do. What plans he has for your life. Have faith and trust.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On 9/6/2017 at 2:40 PM, Harry's Girl said:

Hi Harry's Girl! :)

I'm sorry to hear that your heart is hurting, (((Hugs)))!  I can't say that I know exactly how you feel, but I do hear the pain and longing in your heart, and I can pray for God to comfort you.  I did lose my mom in my late 20s, have been unable to have children, and have had 17 years of chronic illnesses.  Sometimes life is just plain hard.  My chronic health issues had left me bedridden at times which created isolation and loneliness.  It turned this social butterfly into a hermit practically!  But God lifted me up out of that pit.  I still struggle with chronic health issues, but He has given me a purpose in spite of them.  I do know that God is the only one that can truly bring healing to any of us.  Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name trust in you, for you Lord have never forsaken those who seek you.  

I've been keeping a list of my favorite Bible verses by topic.  When I am struggling in a specific area I read over all of the verses to help comfort me with God's own words.  Some verses that could help with loneliness are: Isaiah 4:10, Matthew 28:20, 2 Timothy 4:16-17, Lamentations 3:22-24, Jeremiah 31:3, & Philippians 1:6.  Feel free to look those up and maybe add some of your favorites if you'd like. :) 

As far as the guys are concerned, rejection plain hurts.  It's very unfortunate that so many were not in it for the long haul.  But, in a way it's good that you've weeded out the ones that are not dedicated and would not treat you the way you desire.  I had a friend once that was in and out of bad relationships.  They committed a year to focus solely on pursuing God and that they wouldn't date anyone.  When they did that, they became closer with God and focused on Him and His purpose for their life.  During that year they met someone, but wouldn't date them until the year was up.  They eventually got married and now have 2 kids.  You never know what God's purpose is during this time of loneliness.  

God has never left you, cause he tells us that He won't in His word.  Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Something I have learned is to not base my decisions on my feelings.   Our feelings can be misguided and lead us astray.  Sometimes I have to choose to believe what the Bible says to be true even though it may not feel like it at the moment.  Also, God longs to give us the desires of our hearts as long as they align with His plan for our lives and His timing.  Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.  

I encourage you to keep pouring your heart out to the Lord.  Sometimes we see God answer our prayers quickly and other times it takes awhile.  Part of that is us learning to trust God and releasing control to Him.  Prayers that your heart will stop hurting and you will have peace!  (((Hugs)))  ~ Gem

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

On 9/6/2017 at 1:40 PM, Harry's Girl said:

God has not left you: 

"Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

"31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”[a])37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:31-39

"And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day." -John 6:39-50

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I understand you.  I dont believe/hope in prayer answers anymore but I pray for you and me anyways just in case God exists.