Sign in to follow this  
DavidFilm

Search For Truth

One’s quest for truth will show him independence. Independence, that is, from vestures of concepts, mentalities, and machinery around them that want to control them - a system that is in the business of control, dependency, and putting him to sleep. If you only know how to get in your car and turn the key, you are totally dependent on the car dealer, the mechanic, the manufacturer, or anyone else that knows what to do if it doesn’t start. But if you have some background of auto mechanics and how they work (or why they don’t), you have become independent from others who want $50 an hour (or more) to fix it for you.
    So it is with everything around us - including a knowledge of the truth. If you know how a magician does his tricks, he can no longer keep you in the dark. You can watch from the rear of the audience at his fascinating illusion, and chuckle under your breath because you are one at least who has an edge on the crowd. It’s the same with economics, politics, technology and practically every aspect of life around us. It is also the same with things we can’t see - ways we think, opinions, philosophies and beliefs. And this is where the plot thickens, because I am going to cover a lot of asburd topics, and ask a lot of provoking questions. But the end result is to make you think.

I cannot tell you what the truth is on any subject. My opinion is no better than the next person’s.  But I can tell you how to find it.  It is about humility.  It is about "teachableness".  It is about "forsaking".  It is about dying to self.  You have to be willing to walk away from those you have been associating with.  You have to count the cost of your reputation, career, friends, family, etc.  A professor in college said something I never forgot.  "Salvation is free, but it will cost you everything!" 

What is more ironic is that he may have a list of degrees on the subject. But you know as well as I do that two people - both with PHD’s on some subject, may have come to totally opposite views on an idea or belief. Someone with a lifetime of education may come to a certain position on some subject. Yet someone else with the same background of studying behind them may see it differently.

Then you find differing views from people in a Biblical background of studies, with education and studies in college and seminaries. Why? How can so many people from so many denominations and groups have totally differing views on doctrines and beliefs, yet all have had training in original languages and intense study in the Bible? “Their training is prejudicial”, you say. But they look at you as no less than arrogant. So let’s look use tools to help us find the truth.

I know of individuals who are involved in ministry.  If they even entertained the idea of any theological persuasion different than their peers they would have to resign.   So they are "stuck in the theological mud", so to speak.  They have no choice, but to just "play along" and play their game, and make all the right clucking noises, like Chip and Dale trapped in a chicken barnyard!

So you take a hard look at life, and your search for truth.  You start applying principles to life that we find in the Bible!  Matt. 19:29 "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."  Matt. 10:36 "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." I have been to churches all over the country for 50 years.  I have sat in Sunday School classes.  I have listened to preachers on TV, internet, etc.   And I cannot EVER remember anyone EVER quote those verses.  They are "politically incorrect."   But practice that principle, and you will find the truth..."and the truth shall make you free" John 8:32.

alturl.com/68zw4

Edited by DavidFilm
addendum

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Abby-Joy
      This song really ministers to me, especially when I'm going through a long fierce storm.  

• By Abdicate
      Everywhere I turn I see a need for healing. Yet, when the word of God is presented, people get greatly offended, Matthew 11:6. There is a cause and effect for just about everything, Deuteronomy 28(!). When we sin and don’t repent of it, it will manifest itself physically over time, James 1:15. Hidden sin eats away at the person. For example hatred for another, cancer, bitterness, arthritis, anxiety (lack of peace) heart disease. This is the issue, dis-ease, i.e. not at peace. We’ve all been there. This is why James says to believe and confess, James 5:15-16. Believe what? All God’s promises are “Yes” and “Amen” (Greek and Hebrew), 2 Corinthians 1:20. Confess what? Our sins, 1 John 1:9. First, we MUST MUST MUST understand Who God is. He is love, 1 John 4:8. Evil doesn't befall us because of Him, but because of our actions and stupidity, Deuteronomy 28. We are under His protection when we obey Him, Psalms 91.
      The issue is the belief, not so much confession, but that’s equally as important. To believe something is to have a strong conviction about the subject. If I say “The sun will NOT rise tomorrow.” How many would have a strong conviction that my statement is true? No one. Yet, the word of God says someday it won’t, Isaiah 24:19-20. We live in a fallen world and all the information we gather is based on that fact. The truth is in the word of God which says we live in the shadow of the real, Hebrews 8:4; Colossians 2:7; 1 Corinthians 13:12. What is the real? The things not seen, the invisible, not the unknown, Hebrews 11:1
      So, to quote Pilot, “What is truth?” John 18:38. Jesus and the word of God with the help of the Holy Spirit, John 16:13; 1 John 2:27. This question is linked to “What is faith?” Faith isn’t blind, Isaiah 1:18-20. The word faith doesn’t show up in the Hebrew Scriptures because it means actually “trust,” Habakkuk 2:4. In the Greek, it means to have a “strong conviction.”
      Immovable Faith is:
                     • Faith is NOT blind
                     • Faith is NOT taking a leap into the unknown
                     • Faith has to do with the invisible not the unknown
                                    ○ Faith is seeing you pay your bills on time
                                    ○ Faith is seeing yourself healthy
                                    ○ Faith is seeing yourself full of energy at the end of the day
      Faith is a strong conviction that the things we do not see (health and peace) are there, we just need to take it, Matthew 11:12; Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 2:24. Faith is built up like anything else, Romans 10:17. If we are to be good a mathematics, we must work out the problems. The more we do the better we get. To run a marathon, we must build up our stamina, Romans 1:17. The issue with Christians is they want microwave Christianity. We find out we're sick and we want instant healing. If we have the faith, it’ll happen, if not, we need to build up that faith. To build up our faith is by hearing the word of God, Romans 10:17.
      Every coach and motivational speaker has the proper understanding – see in our mind’s eye of being healthy. This isn’t easy believism, it’s changing our mind to execute what we believe based on the promises of God, Philippians 4:8-10. Imaging it helps us solidify the truth, Proverbs 23:7; Genesis 6:5. While the world says “Seeing is believing” in the scriptures is “believing is seeing.” If this were not so, the placebo effect would not be real. If you believe, you can change. This is based on the scriptures I’ve already posted above. But it’s also a choice. If we cannot get over the world view, we’ll never take by force the spiritual.
      Miracles are not for the perfect, but for the believing, Matthew 9:29. Hope is confident expectation of good. If we maintain hope of being healed, we create the capacity to see the evidence that it's possible, Romans 5:2-5. If we confidently expect to prosper, our mind will begin to work in such a way that we will begin to see the evidence that it is indeed possible. But if we think we're going to fail, then we'll see all the evidence pointing to failing. The evidence is there that we're going to succeed, and the evidence is there that we're going to fail. Literally, the tongue holds life or death for the path we choose, Proverbs 18:21; 1 Peter 3:10. It is just that simple. Believe the evidence based on the word of God and the finished work of Jesus or not. Our choice is whichever evidence we recognize for the outcome we expect. It's not that the "other" evidence isn't there. If we're not alive to the evidence for sickness, then sickness withers up and dies. If we're not alive to destructive things they eventually become unrecognizable in our environment. It's not that they don't go away if just that they're not going to have an effect on us.
      Remember something else about faith. Doubt is not the absence of faith. Doubt is the persuasion and deep belief in the evidence that is contrary to faith. Our problem isn't we don't have enough faith, our problem is our attention is on the evidence that proves it's not going to happen. When we have our attention on the evidence that says "I'm never going to get out of this," that's what doubt is. Faith is when we have our eyes on the evidence that says "I'm coming out of this!" This is how one becomes fully persuaded like Abraham, Romans 4:20-22.
      Finally, faith is not blind. We need to gather evidence of things. The greatest misconception is "Just take it by faith - blindly". Isaiah says "Come let us reason together" which is what God wants to do and why we have 66 books in the scriptures written by 40 penmen over thousands of years. It's to prove God's work through His promises. When people say "take it by faith" they're saying "just take it without evidence." If God says we can reason (to prove, decide, judge, rebuke, reprove, correct, be right) about our salvation, we can reason about everything else - get the evidence.  Faith is not blind. Faith is based on very specific evidence.
      At Creation, God knew what He wanted and decided the outcome before He spoke anything. The process is understanding the desired outcome in your mind's eye, believing it in your heart and then speaking it into existence. We're made in God's image, and whatever we imagine, all things, if we believe, and ask for, it shall be given.
      Matthew 21:22
      And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
      Romans 8:31-32
      What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
      The choice is ours to believe or not. Period. Any ifs, thans, or buts, are just us not believing the plainly written word of God, Galatians 3:7; 3:26; Hebrews 11.

• By Jonathan BeWell
      Luke 18:18 New International Version (NIV)
      18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
      Follow Jesus Christ, no one or anything else.  Leave everyone and everything standing in between behind.  My shock and dread diminishes as I come to terms with this.  I must even die to myself. 
      I am rich, I am blessed.  To account for all I have been given and kept from would make me a king.  Alas, I am proud and stubbornly hanging onto Earthly accomplishments and interests.  Glory be to God, yet I still try to impress with works.  I have been gifted many talents and abilities.  Squandering time and energy on things that have nothing to do with God have offended and opposed Him.  My citizenship in the kingdom of God needs to be patriotic.  Questioned and challenged, I need to stand tall and strong through songs of praise unto the Lord, Jesus Christ, my personal Saviour.  I may be a king, but I must be a willing slave to the King of kings.   
      I have dreams worthy of interpretation.  One was of a long-time friend wanting to know what would happen to his daughter from whom he was being separated.  This made me think of the rapture.  Would all young children be taken up due to their innocence or ignorance?  I imagined God granting a final farewell before the final decision and division between heaven and hell.  My old friend cares dearly for his daughter but nothing for God.  I have a favourite family member I love dearly yet he is not saved.  Thankfully he listens to and entertains the subject matter of Christianity sometimes.  I do not know his fate any more than I know mine.  God knows.  The reason I bring all of the above up describes my dilemma, although diminishing.  I have prayed to God many times, in Jesus Christ’s name, to save my whole family from hell.  I must accept and defend the fact that not all will be.  I am being selfish.  I am tempted to demand and make conditions with the Lord for what I will and want.  That cannot be.  I must die to my selfish self even if that means giving up my relative.  I will not give up on him as long as we both live on this Earth.  I trust righteous destiny in God’s sovereign hands.   
      Only God is good.  Everyone and everything else is no comparison or substitution.  Truth is this way.  More and more this gives me comfort and joy.  I know what I must do.  I confess, apologize for, rebuke and desperately fumble for repentance from any ungodliness.  I am led away from the darkness, disillusionment and death of this world by Christ’s light.  I am eternally grateful and in the Lord’s debt for my life.  May I be a living sacrifice on God’s holy altar.  May I be dead to all else that challenges this.  May I live solely for the Holy Trinity eternally.  
      Gregory Brumwell ~ September 2018 ~ Nova Scotia
      Luke 18:18-30 New International Version (NIV) 
      18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
      19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’[a]”
      21 “All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
      22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
      23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
      26 Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”
      27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
      28 Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”
      29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” 
      Luke 18:18-30 New International Version (NIV)
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Sense God’s Peace

To peace as my mind’s chatter becomes numb.
      … From dumb ones’ mindless matters.
      It is all up to He to set my brain free-
      Becoming less flesh; naughty body!
      God’s Spirit breaks free past chains misery,
      Drowning in sorrow, sin pained.
      Let me again pray for you, friend,
      Replacing my rant on the mend.
      In the Lord I place you to soothe stress gone through.
      Now on this new page I will write
      Christ answers for you.
      He’s how I got through
      Healed, restored full; reborn new.
      I thought that you knew [all
      In the mind true]
      Whom
      Calms stormy seas. He
      Makes us all be
      Still, sensed God’s Word peacefully.

~ Sense God’s Peace ~ 2018 ~ Gregory KJ Brumwell

11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice!  Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you. 

~ 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)

19 lines #MindOfGod #JesusChrist #Sin #Peace