• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

You see, a false prophet isn't one who gets eschatology wrong, rather it is those who haven't come to a saving faith in our Lord Jesus Christ John 3:3, John 3:16, Rom 10:9-10. God bless you.

Thats not what scripture says. 

A false prophet is one who makes a prophecy and is wrong. Like setting a date and event, which turns out to be wrong. Those who do not have saving faith are lost. Not false prophets. 

We are told to watch. We are told that no man has the day or hour. You keep trying to set a date. Which turn out to be wrong. So there is no reason to listen to the new dates you set. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thats not what scripture says. 

A false prophet is one who makes a prophecy and is wrong. Like setting a date and event, which turns out to be wrong. Those who do not have saving faith are lost. Not false prophets. 

We are told to watch. We are told that no man has the day or hour. You keep trying to set a date. Which turn out to be wrong. So there is no reason to listen to the new dates you set. 

What does scripture say ayin?? Doing your own studies would involve opening up your Bible.

There were no subtitles in the original Greek text, "The Day and Hour Unknown". I agree with other watchmen that "the day and hour" is referencing the nouns in the preceding verse in Matt 24:35. If we think about this closely, scripture doesn't tell us when the New Earth will be created. Scripture doesn't say how long the Great White Throne Judgment will be. I also noticed the word "that" is referring to a noun immediately preceding. Heaven and earth in Matt 24:35 are nouns.

Matt 24:35-36 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 36“But about that (ekeinos:) day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

ekeinos: that one (or neut. that thing), often intensified by the art. preceding
Original Word: ἐκεῖνος, η, ο
Part of Speech: Demonstrative Pronoun
Transliteration: ekeinos
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-i'-nos)
Short Definition: that, that one there, yonder
Definition: that, that one there, yonder.

https://www.google.com/search?q=yonder+definition&oq=yonder+definition&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67k1j0i7i30k1l2j0i7i10i30k1.307286.308590.0.309253.6.6.0.0.0.0.119.545.0j5.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.5.541.YT5rRzIJGyY

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from ekei
Definition
that one (or neut. that thing), often intensified by the art. preceding
NASB Translation

c. referring to a noun immediately preceding, he, she, it, (Latinis,ea,id, German selbiger): John 7:45; John 5:46; Mark 16:11; Acts 3:13, etc.; cf. Winers Grammar, § 23, 1; (Buttmann, 104 (91).

2. joined with nouns, and then the noun with the article either precedes, or (somewhat more rarely) follows it (Winers Grammar, 162 (153)) (Buttmann, 119f (104f));

God Bless.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

didn't the ancient Hebrews stone false prophets?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It is always sad to see pride overtake one who was to be humble.  I have seen this happen too many times in my lifetime, and yes, it does hurt those who took heart in their false prophecies.  False prophecies hurt, more then just the false prophet, it hurts everyone. 

What is a false prophet?  From Blue Letter Bible site:

STRONGS NT 5578: ψευδοπροφήτης

ψευδοπροφήτης, ψευδοπροφήτου, ὁ (ψευδής and προφήτης), "one who, acting the part of a divinely inspired prophet, utters falsehoods under the name of divine prophecies, a false prophet"

From the Complete Word Study Dictionary:

A false prophet, one who falsely assumes the work of a prophet when pretending to foretell things to come or teaching false doctrine in the name of God.

Jesus Himself warned us of false prophets in Matthew 7:15-20

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.  You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?  Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

If the prophecy does not come about, then their fruit is bad.  Only God knows about their destiny, so I will not judge ones salvation by their errors.  Yet, this has gone on far enough.  This thread is now locked.