• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 3/19/2019 at 1:00 PM, Abby-Joy said:

I'm not a fan of the style because it is so dark.  I especially don't like the pagan/satanic influence on most of this type of architecture.  There is a lot of masonic symbolism hidden within these buildings.  I don't like it at all. 

You refer to the gargoyles and other almost Asian talisman like statues to keep demons away (Chinese curve their roofs to make demons slide off). 

I am not fond of gargoyles, but ai like the Gothic Cathedrals that do not have them and only are grey stone and have stain glass. 

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 3/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, heavensflower said:

Hi, I like the beautiful old medieval gothic cathedrals too. I like the brilliant colors of the stain glass windows. I like the crosses and steeples. I draw some buildings, but I would make a very bad architect because I am very bad at math.  I also like some Renaissance churches in Italy. But I think the Pope and others having these magnificent buildings constructed would be wiser to think of the poor and starving they could feed with the money it cost to make these churches, they could feed the poor, especially in centuries past when there were a lot of poor, hungry people.  Maybe idolatry could be avoided? 

Indeed, many churches, like the one in Florenza (Florence) were built on the backs of peasants both literally ans monetarily. While I think cathedrals are gorgeous, their purpose is to house cadthra or cadre, a seat for the Bishop.