angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just a thought for the day,God used John in a mighty way ,the Bible said of him there was never a greater person born,John never performed miracles ,he simple was a witness to the Light(Jesus)

Some people think that if they can,t perform miracles or if they don,t have the gifts they think they should have that Jesus doesn't love them or that they are not very good Christians, nothing is farther from the truth ,Jesus wants you to serve Him wherever you are and He will let you know His plan for you ,which could be to be witness for Jesus and to show people the light just like John.

John 1041: Trough John never performed a sign,all that John said was true.

Are we all we can be for Jesus?

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

Just now, angels4u said:

Just a thought for the day,God used John in a mighty way ,the Bible said of him there was never a greater person born,John never performed miracles ,he simple was a witness to the Light(Jesus)

Some people think that if they can,t perform miracles or if they don,t have the gifts they think they should have that Jesus doesn't love them or that they are not very good Christians, nothing is farther from the truth ,Jesus wants you to serve Him wherever you are and He will let you know His plan for you ,which could be to be witness for Jesus and to show people the light just like John.

1506729804362-1585939883.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is not how I perceive myself but how other's perceive me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Excellent, there are so many that forget the simple things for which we were called.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

"For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps" - 1 Peter 2:20-21

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." - John 14:21

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Excellent, there are so many that forget the simple things for which we were called.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

"For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps" - 1 Peter 2:20-21

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." - John 14:21

Hi 4 :)

It's most often the little things we do which count the most, if we obey Jesus and let Him work in and through us,He will lead us where He wants us to go and what He wants us to say  to other people. Wherever the Spirit is there is freedom :)

God placed us in Canada, far away from my family, which is from the Netherland. He wants us to glorify Him no matter where we are..

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, Hebrews 12 :1

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

am I dissatisfied with myself.     Most days before bed time to go back over the day to see what went right and what went wrong and what did I spend time doing that didn't make any difference at all.

Those things that went right I try to reproduce tomorrow.   The things that went wrong I try to divide out as to what I had control over and what I didn't.   Those things that I had no control over I just make sure I handled them ok and the things I did have control over I try to make sure they don't happen again.

Part of the training one should go through when working in  a very stressful job that is made up mostly of angry people.

So am I dissatisfied with myself.......   most days I find something I would do a little different tomorrow.....    and that made me very successful at my job.

Being dissatisfied is the first step in fixing a lot of problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, other one said:

am I dissatisfied with myself.     Most days before bed time to go back over the day to see what went right and what went wrong and what did I spend time doing that didn't make any difference at all.

Those things that went right I try to reproduce tomorrow.   The things that went wrong I try to divide out as to what I had control over and what I didn't.   Those things that I had no control over I just make sure I handled them ok and the things I did have control over I try to make sure they don't happen again.

Part of the training one should go through when working in  a very stressful job that is made up mostly of angry people.

So am I dissatisfied with myself.......   most days I find something I would do a little different tomorrow.....    and that made me very successful at my job.

Being dissatisfied is the first step in fixing a lot of problems.

I hear you ,God used John to be a bearer of the Light,he didn't,t get to do miracles or signs all he did was leading people to the Light,do you think if we lived in his days we would have been followers of John  and be pointing people to Jesus also?

God can use us wherever we are and in all unexpected circumstances..

I quess the point is to realize where we are at certain times in our life,we  have to come to realize that it is just wonderful to be able to trust and rest in the finishing work of Jesus!

Can I fry you some grass hoppers?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Here's my testimony about answering this question.  About 10 years ago, I had hit the point of despising myself.  Seriously, every time I'd look into the mirror, I'd glare at myself and think "Loser!".   In context, I'd been a serious Christian for over 30 years, married for over 20 to a good woman, had 3 Christian kids, a stable job, financially sound position (due to frugal living and saving), heavily involved in various ministries, no serious addictions (other than caffeine), basically a solid serious Christian life.  I had a solid reputation for being an encouraging, helpful, and uplifting person.  I had one pastor who had nicknamed me "Barnabas".  And it wasn't an act; I honestly saw the best in people and wanted to bring it out.  The only person I was unable to encourage or cut any type of break was myself.

God put me into the desert away from everything for a couple years.  Ministry opportunities vanished away.  I got a boss at work that shoved me in a corner.  I looked to unconfessed sin, spiritual attacks, new open doors to move or find a new church or a new job... nothing.  To make a long story short, God was confronting me that I did not know who He had made me to be.  I had completely wrapped up my identity and value in being a good Christian, using my gifts and talents fruitfully, being a good husband, a good father, a good employee, a good son, and being a responsible steward of all God had given me in all aspects of my life.  God put me in front of a mirror, and all I could see was activities, obligations, responsibilities, and roles.  My entire identity and value as a Christian and a human being had come down to whether or not I was doing the right things and if I was bearing a lot of fruit.

Over a period of a few years, God started showing me who He had created me to be.  One big shift that occurred was that I learned that my heart was not my sin-nature.  My heart is the unique person God created me to be.  My sin-nature is something different than that.  Frankly, I was shocked when I ran across some verses that I had obviously read right over and missed for decades.  Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Prov 4:23  But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop. Luke 8:15  These surprised me.  I found that there were several hundred references to heart in the Bible and that there were many like these two.   A second big shift occurred when I started viewing God's purpose for my life to reflect His glory by being who He created me to be rather than being busy accomplishing to do lists for the day.  Instead of trying to find my "calling" in life by taking tests to show my ministry gifts, looking for a list of things to accomplish, and in general worrying about falling short of God's perfect call on my life, I just started enjoying being alive and walking with God.  There were many things God had laid on my heart back in my teens and twenties that I had long given up on because I had fallen short, I hadn't prayed enough, I'd missed God's guidance too many times, I hadn't been serious enough about being holy and committed.  God brought those things flooding back to memory and made me realize that those things were not callings or goals to strive for, they were promises.  I found life was more about walking with God and being who He made me to be.   

I walked out of that desert as a changed person.  My wife and daughter all said they noticed a huge change in me.  I found that for the first time in my life I felt like I was walking with God's power in my life rather than my own.  I felt like I was being who He created me to be and doing what He had created me to do.  All the gifts, talents, experiences, etc. He gave me were now tools for my heart to use.  I could look myself in the eye in the mirror and truly see a unique treasure and work of art that God had created.  I felt like life was flowing out of me naturally instead of having to labor and work hard for every little gain.  My spiritual to-do list pretty much vanished and I started to see life as a grand adventure to be walked with God rather than a big long to do list I was trying to fulfill.   I also started to see other people through this filter.  Instead of looking at people for their gifts and talents and callings and trying to encourage them to get more involved doing things, I look at people trying to discern that unique treasure, that special work of art from the hands of God that is often covered up by expectations, wounds, and masks.

Anyway, my rather long answer to being dissatisfied with myself. :) 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

Can I fry you some grass hoppers?

No thank you I prefer Snickers

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

Here's my testimony about answering this question.  About 10 years ago, I had hit the point of despising myself.  Seriously, every time I'd look into the mirror, I'd glare at myself and think "Loser!".   In context, I'd been a serious Christian for over 30 years, married for over 20 to a good woman, had 3 Christian kids, a stable job, financially sound position (due to frugal living and saving), heavily involved in various ministries, no serious addictions (other than caffeine), basically a solid serious Christian life.  I had a solid reputation for being an encouraging, helpful, and uplifting person.  I had one pastor who had nicknamed me "Barnabas".  And it wasn't an act; I honestly saw the best in people and wanted to bring it out.  The only person I was unable to encourage or cut any type of break was myself.

God put me into the desert away from everything for a couple years.  Ministry opportunities vanished away.  I got a boss at work that shoved me in a corner.  I looked to unconfessed sin, spiritual attacks, new open doors to move or find a new church or a new job... nothing.  To make a long story short, God was confronting me that I did not know who He had made me to be.  I had completely wrapped up my identity and value in being a good Christian, using my gifts and talents fruitfully, being a good husband, a good father, a good employee, a good son, and being a responsible steward of all God had given me in all aspects of my life.  God put me in front of a mirror, and all I could see was activities, obligations, responsibilities, and roles.  My entire identity and value as a Christian and a human being had come down to whether or not I was doing the right things and if I was bearing a lot of fruit.

Over a period of a few years, God started showing me who He had created me to be.  One big shift that occurred was that I learned that my heart was not my sin-nature.  My heart is the unique person God created me to be.  My sin-nature is something different than that.  Frankly, I was shocked when I ran across some verses that I had obviously read right over and missed for decades.  Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Prov 4:23  But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop. Luke 8:15  These surprised me.  I found that there were several hundred references to heart in the Bible and that there were many like these two.   A second big shift occurred when I started viewing God's purpose for my life to reflect His glory by being who He created me to be rather than being busy accomplishing to do lists for the day.  Instead of trying to find my "calling" in life by taking tests to show my ministry gifts, looking for a list of things to accomplish, and in general worrying about falling short of God's perfect call on my life, I just started enjoying being alive and walking with God.  There were many things God had laid on my heart back in my teens and twenties that I had long given up on because I had fallen short, I hadn't prayed enough, I'd missed God's guidance too many times, I hadn't been serious enough about being holy and committed.  God brought those things flooding back to memory and made me realize that those things were not callings or goals to strive for, they were promises.  I found life was more about walking with God and being who He made me to be.   

I walked out of that desert as a changed person.  My wife and daughter all said they noticed a huge change in me.  I found that for the first time in my life I felt like I was walking with God's power in my life rather than my own.  I felt like I was being who He created me to be and doing what He had created me to do.  All the gifts, talents, experiences, etc. He gave me were now tools for my heart to use.  I could look myself in the eye in the mirror and truly see a unique treasure and work of art that God had created.  I felt like life was flowing out of me naturally instead of having to labor and work hard for every little gain.  My spiritual to-do list pretty much vanished and I started to see life as a grand adventure to be walked with God rather than a big long to do list I was trying to fulfill.   I also started to see other people through this filter.  Instead of looking at people for their gifts and talents and callings and trying to encourage them to get more involved doing things, I look at people trying to discern that unique treasure, that special work of art from the hands of God that is often covered up by expectations, wounds, and masks.

Anyway, my rather long answer to being dissatisfied with myself. :) 

Amen and thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony :)

“But now, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)

• Thumbs Up 1