• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,610
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Perhaps Chucky Cheese is more inviting to families than  a church that has members that do not like the noise of children? ???

Personally, I pray for the children when I hear them, by thanking God for the sounds of new life amongst us. I enjoy their  "noise". If I can't hear my pastor because of a kid,  well maybe I need hear the kid and pray for him or her more than I need hear pastor.

I also encouraged and helped design and then build the new larger nursery with tv screens showing the services for parents caring for the active and restless children, plus the new private nursing room for nursing moms feeding their babies at our own local body of Christ Jesus.

Yes we have ushers that have instruction to share information with and to help families with noisy kids too, but that is  hard duty that they just don't feel all that comfortable with doing.

Hey if I get distracted, it is often from the faint sound of the translation of the service into Spanish, that simulcast being played a little loud in the ear of a person that knows and needs Spanish language presentstion, or it is the waving of the hands of the deaf interpreter, or the sound of the AC fans going on and off, or it is the sound of my own head snapping back  as I nod off while "just resting my eyes".  

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Personally, I pray for the children when I hear them, by thanking God for the sounds of new life amongst us. I enjoy their  "noise". If I can't hear my pastor because of a kid,  well maybe I need hear the kid and pray for him or her more than I need hear pastor.

Every organisation has a structure and if not adhered to it will stumble and if it escalates it will tumble.  The sermon is a serious part of the worship service and the message being put forth by the pastor has to be attentively be tuned too.  Not saying to put the kids out in the cold, by all means no.  But if you encourage a behavior, where does it stop and though the pastor may show a smiling countenance, it is sure to affect his effective deliverance of that message.  A church should take reasonable measures to occupy the younger ones in activities which would be geared towards learning the biblical contents in a manner they can be attentive too.   It is not a matter of disallowing kids, but to incorporate them into a part of the church service that involves them being there.   

You have said that you have made provisions as you stated to involve the parents and kids, i acknowledge.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

My overall point is that if it isn't children it will be something else-if I am prone to finding reason to offended and uncomfortable at church or most anywhere. For me the great revelation came the day I prayed for the mom  with an unruly child on a commercial airline cross country flight. Turned out to be a grand time of prayer that I emulate now on each flight I make. And the children? They never bother me, even when the kick the seat back. At church I try harder not to let my neck snap back  as I nod off. Fact I try to not nod off at all. I get Saturday night sleep instead. Also almost every parent does get up and take their restless ones to the childcare rooms and they watch the service there.

We are so very blessed to have a growing body of young families that we are already in need of larger rooms for the moms/dads with babies and even another nursing area. It is important to have rooms with monitors to bring the service into the room so that the parent does not miss it. There are care rooms for one year olds and up.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

What would happen if a person very kindly asked a mother or father to please remove their very noisy child from the service to the nursery because they are disrupting the service?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 10/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, Sojourner414 said:

Just remember: Silence is golden, Duct Tape is silver. :P

Not necessarily . . . Duct Tape now comes in many designer colors!  :P

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps Chucky Cheese is more inviting to families than  a church that has members that do not like the noise of children? ???

Seems like it is based off some of the replies here. Encourages me personally to be even more understanding of those with the little ones who don't quite have the "let's sit still and quiet for two hours straight" ability mastered yet. I personally don't have kiddos yet but I have taken my niece to church off and on since she was an infant. She's 5 and has now decided that she wants to sit in the actual service like a "big girl" and not go to the little classes they have for the kids. She used to go in the nursery and preschool classes but if she wants to be in the service I won't tell her no. She does well and I love having her there for worship and to hear the Word. She's a child though, she occasionally forgets we're in quiet mode and asks a question too loudly or stands up when we shouldn't, etc. This picture below was her a few weeks ago, praying on the floor during the service (completely on her own, she said she felt like she was supposed to talk to Jesus when she stood back up).I'll take a little noise any day of the week if it means they're learning about Him.  

IMG_0056 (2).jpg

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What would happen if a person very kindly asked a mother or father to please remove their very noisy child from the service to the nursery because they are disrupting the service?

The question is how does one say you are a disruption and be kind about it.

What does happen is most people just get up and take their child out to the lobby,  if they haven't awareness of the cry room. Often a deaconess or one of the on volunter duty nurses  will get up and go help the family and lead them to  the cry room.  The ushers, not so much. They are instructed to do so, but no way are any of the men  going to go to a woman and ask her to leave.

The cry room is mentioned in the bulletins and on the "big screens" just before services begin much  in the way  movie hteaters do.  On the big screens will come something similar to this; "Waaaa, There is a place for crying children where you may sit with them comfort them and still see and hear the service"....

At services there are ushers, deacons, elders, volunteer nurses, often a doctor, as well as security personnel.

Edited by Neighbor

Besides if one stays at one church long enough there is the adventure of seeing and knowing of families that grow year after year, from the day  it was first obvious the young couple was going to grow as mom was preganant, to seeing mom dad and baby, then pregnant mom dad and babies, then pregnant yet again mom dad and two babes and so it goes. It is grand stuff, really grand! 

I love  child dedication times were the congregation receives responsibility  for the families that bring their children  before the elders and the church body. We pray  meet and then commit to support those families in prayer and in deed. We don't declare them a distraction  nor disruption, we declare them  church family to be cherished.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The question is how does one say you are a disruption and be kind about it.

What does happen is most people just get up and take their child out to the lobby,  if they haven't awareness of the cry room. Often a deaconess or one of the on volunter duty nurses  will get up and go help the family and lead them to  the cry room.  The ushers, not so much. They are instructed to do so, but no way are any of the men  going to go to a woman and ask her to leave.

The cry room is mentioned in the bulletins and on the "big screens" just before services begin much  in the way  movie hteaters do.  On the big screens will come something similar to this; "Waaaa, There is a place for crying children where you may sit with them comfort them and still see and hear the service"....

At services there are ushers, deacons, elders, volunteer nurses, often a doctor, as well as security personnel.

I think it can be done. It all depends on how you address it. You can not make them go it would be their choice.