• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

What do you mean never have the desire to sin. Paul said watch that you dont fall. So a Christian can fall to sin. We can dirsire to. But we don't have to give in to sin .

Agreed we must learn by the Spirit its unction to kill the lust before sin is born.

Evil will pop into minds due to we walk in the flesh.   WE must heed the spirit , its untions and kill the thought before it becomes sin.

bring all thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ .  and all thoughts do mean all thoughts.   our flesh is a monster , but in Christ we do have the power

and the spirit will warn us once that evil thought pops in the mind............CEASE CEASE < CEASE..............well lest we have put the spirit out or quenched it.

Many have been hardened through the deceitfulness of sin and know it not.   they sin willfully , even make excuse for it.

Tis why paul who I KNOW followed the HOLY spirit and not just any spirit , said exhort one another daily LEST any become HARDENED through the deceitfulness OF SIN.

How many we hear justifying adultery , remarriage, or gay marriage or love of money or etc.  they hardened and know it not.

FOR if the SPIRIT were in them, it would agree and magnify EVERY WORD JESUS EVER SPOKE.   we better examine our selves and do it daily

and do it by both reading real bible doctrine and testing anything else taught or said against the bible .   or fall for delusion many do and will.  TIME to get serious

time to get grave just like the true ones have been since the start and through all generations .   You see an error in a believer...YA WARN THEM FAST .

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

5 hours ago, warrior12 said:

below is striking, because it plainly says that a born again christian "cannot sin ".

I believe it means that such cannot live in the practice of sin, in a constant and habitual form.

That is why I believe we should check ourselves... Are we friend of God or ourselves? The Spirit or the flesh?

We certainly cannot serve both, or we are for Jesus or we are against Him.

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters." - Luke 11:23

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I believe it means that such cannot live in the practice of sin, in a constant and habitual form.

That is why I believe we should check ourselves... Are we friend of God or ourselves? The Spirit or the flesh?

We certainly cannot serve both, or we are for Jesus or we are against Him.

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters." - Luke 11:23

I agree with your statement and would like to hear how others see it and explained similarly  like you did.  Defining sin then becomes whose standard in the world today as there can be so many subtle ways that an action can be a sin in one believer eye and in another it is perfectly fine.  Let's say shopping for example, is it  sinful to go out and spend dollars and where do you draw the line in buying the world goods that your neighbors are wearing or using and although you can afford it, you may have to put restrain as to greed ect.  Some believers may see nothing wrong as, but using the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon them .  Just throw this out there so others can make a suggestions or comments of where the line is drawn ect.  1st John define sin as below.

Also, the lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh and the pride of life are very challenging restraints that everyone has to deal with as satan knows how to present it in its most subtle form to deceive and make it look ok.

1 John 3   King James Version (KJV)

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Defining sin then becomes whose standard in the world today as there can be so many subtle ways that an action can be a sin in one believer eye and in another it is perfectly fine.

I believe that each of us have to use discernment and decide if it is OK or not.

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Let's say shopping for example, is it  sinful to go out and spend dollars and where do you draw the line in buying the world goods that your neighbors are wearing or using and although you can afford it, you may have to put restrain as to greed ect.

If I buy something I really need, then I believe it is OK.

But if I buy because of envy or just want to boast about it... Then I believe it is not OK.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I believe that each of us have to use discernment and decide if it is OK or not.

If I buy something I really need, then I believe it is OK.

But if I buy because of envy or just want to boast about it... Then I believe it is not OK.

Just read you reply, so the thought came to me and before i loose it, thought i would do a reply. 

Yes, discernment is one of our gifts as believers that we have and we must use it to keep on track or the enemy would play havoc with our emotions and indecision's ect.    

There are also fine and gray lines when we do things as believers in this life here.  To further elaborate on the example i gave, here is an extension.  You may not buy because of envy, but when are you contented in what you buy for example.  You can buy for need or you can splurge on extravagance because you have the means too.   Is being frugal a  bad thing or good as people throw out things, not because they are non-functional, but would just like to have a new one, because they can afford it.    My point being, can we see lust, greed and and others in this, but it is justified by blessings or we should enjoy the fruits of our labour as hording is a sin also, is it not as that word is almost forgotten today.     

Anyway, i can see i have kinda drift from the OP topic and would leave it here.   Thanks for engaging me with your replies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

When a sheep follows Shepherd,  the sheep's only choice is to follow,  or to not follow,  not to decide if the Shepherd is right or wrong.    The sheep do not have to figure out if something is wrong or not - the Shepherd clearly tells us, always, all the time.   Hearing His Voice is Jesus Word- "My Sheep Hear My Voice,  they will not follow another"....

So few are following Jesus,  someone may be hard pressed to find anyone as an example in person, in life;  so Scripture may be the only guide , as Yahweh reveals to all who seek and keep seeking His Kingdom   (never stop).

When following Jesus,  when living in union with Jesus,  no one has a desire to sin.  It is not only disobedient and  repugnant to sin, it is not even a thought that occurs to them.    A new heart and new mind and new spirit are Yahweh's gifts along with salvation in union with Jesus to those who are His, who love Him and who are abiding in Him, in union, and are called according to His Purpose, as shown always in His Word (Scripture).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ahh. Sheep. I have worked with sheep quite a lot. Part of the shepherd's job is to check the boundaries. I cannot tell you how many fences I have fixed or how many sheep I have untangled from fence lines. They are really really good at testing boundaries. I have seen them strain for a blade of grass thru a fence hole that was shorter than the grass they stood on. Sheep R U and ME. Always testing the boundaries. Forbidden pastures.
The shepherds's crook historically, was used to gently persuade the sheep to go the right way. Why? Because sheep just do not have 'long vision'. They are not good at seeing ahead. Given leeway, they will most likely stray out of sight before they notice the herd is not there anymore.
So I guess it does us well to recognize that God was not kidding when He likened us to sheep.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are instructed to put off the old man and put on Christ.  There is a a process of renewing our minds in the Word.  If we don't read we don't get washed and renewed in the Word.  

We all have times that we fall on our faces and sin.  The English Standard Version did an excellent job of translating the verbs in 1 John.  They do mean to continually sin, or keep on sinning and not simply we don't sin.  The born again man no longer lives in continual sin.  

Rom 13:14  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Eph 4:21  if indeed you heard him, and were taught in him, even as truth is in Jesus:

Eph 4:22  that you put away, as concerning your former way of life, the old man, that grows corrupt after the lusts of deceit;

Eph 4:23  and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Eph 4:24  and put on the new man, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

Eph 4:25  Therefore putting away falsehood, speak truth each one with his neighbor. For we are members of one another.

Eph 4:26  “Be angry, and don’t sin.” Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath, Eph 4:27  and don’t give place to the devil.

Eph 4:28  Let him who stole steal no more; but rather let him labor, producing with his hands something that is good, that he may have something to give to him who has need.

Eph 4:29  Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but only what is good for building others up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Eph 4:30  Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander, be put away from you, with all malice.

Eph 4:32  And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you.

This admonition is something we all need to keep in mind on Worthy as well, and especially me.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.  Psm 19:14

• Thumbs Up 2