Steve_K

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe its just me, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels using dating sites.

Allot of women on those sites claim to be a Christian, yet are not. Another thing they do is post "I want" in their profile. That shows selfishness.

I can't see putting money out that drains me financially  to pay for those sites. 

I've had some negative experiences with women I've met from a certain site. Saying one thing and doing something else, etc.

The fact is, staying single is a better choice than dealing with women with more baggage than the Queen Mary 2.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well I'm not into dating sites myself, but putting ones wants in a spouse in your profile isn't selfish it's smart if your doing an online dating thing. It helps those people searching know whether or not that person maybe right for them. I'm married but if I was single, and if I was looking knowing whether a woman wants kids or a man who is home all the time or whatnot maybe very Important, because I do travel a lot and I don't want to waste time with a women whom I can't supply all her needs. 

Honesty in any relationship is key...and it's better they be up front with their wants/needs Instead of waiting until your happily married and find out it's not so happy....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I would stay far, far away from dating sites. I would not find them reliable. I would pray and tell God what is on my heart and ask that His will be done in my life and that would  include a relationship.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It amazes me that anyone believes they're going to meet their soul mate online.  If you've ever watched the show 'Catfish' you will see how disastrous this can be.  It's estimated that 60% of those on dating sites are married.  I believe that about 100% are not what, or who, they claim to be.  It's my opinion that most who look for 'love' on the internet are not actually engaging with the real world.  It may work for some but it wouldn't work for me.  If someone is not Christian I would not be interested in them.  Oh, and if you haven't seen 'Catfish', I suggest you watch it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The problem with christain websites is they promote adultery

and if its non christain one has no biz  on it.

Okay what do I mean by adultery.     IF a man or woman puts away their spouse save for fornication

and remarry another they commit adultery.   JESUS said it , I sing it .    If the spouse did not cheat or is not dead,   Do not date , no.

For so long as the husband lives IF she be married to another she shall be called an adulteress.

And I don't matter who puts away who.  the one put away cannot even remarry.      Just truth to ponder on Steve.   ponder on it , and ponder long on it.

For the words of JESUS cannot be changed nor altered and any who does so walks in death.   its that serious.  

Some still know that God don't honor gay marriage but what many don't know anymore is he sure don't honor adultery either.  

we cant pick and choose which sayings of JESUS to keep or omit.    ITS that serious and if I did not remind , then how could I say I walk In the LOVE of CHRIST.

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The problem with christain websites is they promote adultery

and if its non christain one has no biz  on it.

Okay what do I mean by adultery.     IF a man or woman puts away their spouse save for fornication

and remarry another they commit adultery.   JESUS said it , I sing it .    If the spouse did not cheat or is not dead,   Do not date , no.

For so long as the husband lives IF she be married to another she shall be called an adulteress.

And I don't matter who puts away who.  the one put away cannot even remarry.      Just truth to ponder on Steve.   ponder on it , and ponder long on it.

For the words of JESUS cannot be changed nor altered and any who does so walks in death.   its that serious.  

Some still know that God don't honor gay marriage but what many don't know anymore is he sure don't honor adultery either.  

we cant pick and choose which sayings of JESUS to keep or omit.    ITS that serious and if I did not remind , then how could I say I walk In the LOVE of CHRIST.

There are two biblical reasons for divorce. If a person divorces their spouse and remarries under any other reason they are committing adultery.....yes.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There are two biblical reasons for divorce. If a person divorces their spouse and remarries under any other reason they are committing adultery.....yes.

SISTER ya just don't know how much I love to hear truth.  YOU exactly right.   save for FORNICATION.  or of course if the spouse is dead.

fornication or death only TWO valid reasons and we better make sure the other one we interested in , is in full agreement with that and has not erred

or we make ourselves adulteress by marrying that one .   SISTER.   so few know this .  I leaped for joy when I seen what you said.

IT shows you love truth and man.  for truth shows us how to properly love and not love as the world loves.

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

SISTER ya just don't know how much I love to hear truth.  YOU exactly right.   save for FORNICATION.  or of course if the spouse is dead.

fornication or death only TWO valid reasons and we better make sure the other one we interested in , is in full agreement with that and has not erred

or we make ourselves adulteress by marrying that one .   SISTER.   so few know this .  I leaped for joy when I seen what you said.

IT shows you love truth and man.  for truth shows us how to properly love and not love as the world loves.

Yes, the two biblical reasons for a divorce is like you said infidelity and abandonment by an unbeliever 1 Corinthians 7:15. And obviously if a spouse dies. But a born again Christian should never be unevenly yoked and marry a counterfeit Christian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I see some huge assumptions going on...one that everyone on dating sites is lying. While many are you have absolutely no way of knowing they are.

Another is the claim by adultry....many who use these sites have never been married before. Many are just legitimately looking for a soul mate. Maybe not the right place to look, but to just flat out assume they are adulterers is ridiculous.

• This is Worthy 1

26 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I see some huge assumptions going on...one that everyone on dating sites is lying. While many are you have absolutely no way of knowing they are.

Another is the claim by adultry....many who use these sites have never been married before. Many are just legitimately looking for a soul mate. Maybe not the right place to look, but to just flat out assume they are adulterers is ridiculous.

And you have no idea that they aren't. Turning to a dating site is very, very risky. Some people like to take risks I do not.

• Thumbs Up 1