• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

There is no "sprinkling" in the Bible, the baptism was by full immersion as John did to JESUS.

You are entirely correct. Baptism was well known in the ancient world.

Unless you are born of water and of Spirit... etc

The most convincing water baptism I have witnessed is of full immersion, subsequent demons fleeing when commanded to, and the Holy Spirit falling on the believer thru prayer. Just like when John Baptized Yeshua. (except for the demons).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Peace:
I have know people in just about all denominations that in my limited assessment would be deemed Christian and Heaven bound. There is way to much focus here on the works of darkness, and not the works of light. THE LIGHT OF MEN, the ONE, Yeshua, God's MESSIAH, The WORD; is He not the head of his own church? We tear others apart without even knowing them. This is a horrible way to be. How about some positive ways to reach the ones that have fallen for lies of the enemy and false doctrine? Sure, name the doctrine by all means, then rather than call them all Raca, call them by the WORD; not just mere words! They are all made in the Image of the God we serve! If we quote one scripture at one person, be advised that the three-fold law is in effect. Three back at us! Remember how the Lord wooed you? Remember how you felt? Remember how He held out His hand and lifted you up? There is no good in me but Yeshua!

I agree, and would also say that some church are 'right' for some and other churches are 'right' for others. I too find saved Christians and non-saved 'fake' Christians in every denomination. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

I don't find anything in the Bible ad-nauseum. Jesus warned the false teachers would increase & I see the evidence of this.

Okay - I meant repeated, but I misunderstood what you said there and actually agreed with your statement once it was pointed out to myself. Peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Remember, if you are content with everything you were taught by your group, then it is likely that you do not have an eye to discern neglected truth.  It is probable that you are not practicing the faith as Yeshua meant it to be practiced.   It is likely that somewhere in the past your fathers lied.   Is that not the testimony of the Bible?   One thing is very clear in the Scriptures, in both Old and New Testaments:  the majority of people who THINK they have the truth actually believe lies and oppose the truth whenever it comes along.   And these people make every claim to being perfectly religious and perfectly spiritual about it.   Only the absolute truth can set you free from all of this.  The absolute truth is Messiah Yeshua crucified and raised from the dead.   Therefore, we need to understand the facts of his death and resurrection, and the important conclusions we can draw from those facts.

Yes, almost everyone "in" a church is comfortable and has accepted what their own group says,  even though laden with many many errors,  long long time.

This is "acceptable" to men,  even though Yahweh never said it is okay.    Not much if anything can be done about this though - people don't visit here to find out the Truth (nor should they,  as there is no guarantee for truth here) ......  they just want more comfort, or they are bored,  and they don't want to be corrected,  they want to be accepted by first the group they are in,  then second or next, also,  they want someone else (other people) to think and to believe that they are saved,  regardless of if it is indeed true or not. ....

Not only is [absolute] truth needed,  trusting and relying on Yahweh ,  Who Himself must reveal the truth to each one,  is required. (as His Word Confirms always) .

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This thread needs to be cleaned up as it has been hijacked from false doctrine to debating specific issues.  Though there are some hints of personal attacks/name calling, I am pleased to see that most are here to discuss and not attack.  I do suggest that we carefully reread our words before hitting the Summit Reply button to ensure what we wrote is not going to be seen as a personal attack or degrading others.  There is a difference between standing against a subject and standing against a person who believe a certain way.

Please, if you want to discuss what day Jesus rose from the dead, start another thread.  If you want to discuss how today's bibles are incorrect, please start another thread.  The same can be said about other subject matters that have popped up here.  Once you start another thread, please PM me and tell me what the thread name is and I will split the conversation from here and merge it there.

How to deal with false teaching is a very important subject and derailing into other subject diminishes this very important subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Misled maybe. Stupid, not at all. There are millions that see it this way, not just me.

In line with the title and the op/ topic/ false doctrines/teachings,    since millions see the truth (I expect this is what you mean) , yet billions do not,

so how did Jesus train and teach and show the Apostles and the disciples to

(1) prevent being deceived themselves ;

(2) to recover if they find that they had been already deceived;  

(3) to train others how to repent of false doctrines and false teacings , whether in their group or just picked up individually ....

Just now, simplejeff said:

In line with the title and the op/ topic/ false doctrines/teachings,    since millions see the truth (I expect this is what you mean) , yet billions do not,

so how did Jesus train and teach and show the Apostles and the disciples to

(1) prevent being deceived themselves ;

(2) to recover if they find that they had been already deceived;  

(3) to train others how to repent of false doctrines and false teacings , whether in their group or just picked up individually ....

Pentecost.

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Please, if you want to discuss what day Jesus rose from the dead, start another thread.

Hi there. I did that. Resurrection.

15 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Pentecost.

Multitudes can read about this (and most all other doctrines and teachings) in the Bible, if they are willing,

but billions of people have been deceived / tricked/ lied to instead of reading the Bible,  and many who "read" it don't get it .... what then ? 

What can anyone do to learn the truth ?  (about most all false or true doctrines and false or true teachings)

(1) To not be deceived by doctrines or false teachings if they are learning for the first time...

(2) To be set free from errors/ false doctrines/ false teachings if they were taught wrong all their lives ?