• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

The lie is "week". And as I've said over and over and you don't get it, this "first of the sabbaths" is directly linked to this verse:

Hello Brother could you tell us what it is suppose to read.

Matt 28:1  Now After the Sabbath , (it does say after) , as the first day of the week began to dawn, (Day has been added) 

Thanks.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, Giller said:

(Irenaeus, a disciple of Polycarp, the friend of John, says: "On the Lord’s day every one of us Christians keep the Sabbath, meditating on the law, and rejoicing in the works of God.")

Hello Brother Giller, 

I was going to get back to you on the other thread you did, it was very well done.

The one point that I wanted to get back to you on was (the Lords Day) it is only mentioned once in the bible, thats in Rev 1:10 & it really doesn't say what day that is, if one was to stick to the bible only the closest verse I would have to go for  Mathew 12:8 Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

Now if Jesus is creator & He is, He is lord of all his creation in 6 days He created all the material, matter objects, then He create abstract,Void, time. WHY time.  He then separated that time from all other time by blessing & sanctifying it. 

I see the creator Jesus as the Lord of the Sabbath the Sabbath that He created & set apart. I believe it to be the same one we will be having on the new earth.

Just as communion service symbolizes His death, Baptism is the symbol for His resurrection Rom 6:1-6

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Giller said:

Irenaeus

(http://www.covenanter.org/JChrystie/lordsdayischristiansabbath.htm)

(Irenaeus, a disciple of Polycarp, the friend of John, says: "On the Lord’s day every one of us Christians keep the Sabbath, meditating on the law, and rejoicing in the works of God.")

Tertulian

(http://www.zianet.com/maxey/Study4.htm)

(Tertullian (160 - 220 A.D.) was the first writer to urge the cessation of labor on Sunday. "We, on the day of the Lord's resurrection, ought to.....defer even our businesses lest we give any place to the devil.")

None of them changed it to sun-day, it is the SABBATH (the seventh). Only the Romans changed it, and then the protestants followed like sheep.
Read all about it there are hundreds of documents supporting the fact that Rome changed the 'sabbath' to sun-day and then called it 'the lord's day'. There is a Roman declaration of its authority to do so and a not too subtle comment that the protestants followed the authority of the Roman Church, thereby supporting Rome's authority. 

6 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Matthew 28:1 (YLT)
And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

I think I got my wires crossed up somehow. Is the wave offering made (first-fruits) after the Sabbath when Yeshua was resurrected (on the weekly first day or sun-day) or is it after the Sabbath of the unleavened bread on Nisan 16?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I think I got my wires crossed up somehow. Is the wave offering made (first-fruits) after the Sabbath when Yeshua was resurrected (on the weekly first day or sun-day) or is it after the Sabbath of the unleavened bread on Nisan 16?

Levitcus 23:5-6 & 11 & 15

5 The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 

11 He is to wave the sheaf before the LORD so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

15“ ‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 

Day 14 = Preperation day (when Jesus died)                 

Day 15 = The Sabbath (When Jesus preached to the souls in Hell) 

Day 16 = The Day of First Fruits (When Jesus resurrected)

13 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Levitcus 23:5-6 & 11

5 The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 

11 He is to wave the sheaf before the LORD so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

Day 14 = Preperation day (when Jesus died)                 

Day 15 = The Sabbath (When Jesus preached to the souls in Hell) 

Day 16 = The Day of First Fruits (When Jesus resurrected)

death and resurrection.jpg

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

death and resurrection.jpg

Much debate and confusion exists around Jesus' 3 days and 3 night in the Heart of the Earth. The answer to this is simpler than many believe. Here are the relevant verses:

Matthew 12
39He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Mark 15:42-43

42 It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body.

Matthew 28:1

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

Jesus died at about 3pm on the 14th Aviv (Preparation day). He was put in the tomb just before sunset at about 6pm. He rose at sunrise on the 16th Aviv (The day of first fruits) at about 6am. This means was in the tomb for 3 days and 2 nights (about 36 hours). However the term 'Heart of the Earth' that Jesus spoke of was not the tomb. The Bible interprets the Bible and elsewhere we can find what Jesus meant by this phrase:

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts; murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Therefore Jesus was talking about the wickedness of the whole Earth. The moment Jesus entered the wicked heart of the Earth was when He allowed Himself to be arrested and this is what He said at that moment:

Luke 22:53
Every day I was with you in the temple courts and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour--when darkness reigns."

So it is from this moment that Jesus enters into the Heart of the Earth, which was around midnight on the 14th Aviv and means that He was indeed in the Heart of the Earth three days and three nights.

First month. Nisan is the month.

End of 17 Nisan

The scripture is not explicit about the exact minute of His resurrection. Since Yeshua is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), it is more likely that He was raised at the end of the Sabbath at the going down of the sun (the completion of 3 days and nights) just when God says His day starts.

Mary saw Yeshua in the garden on the first day of the week, the day after the weekly Sabbath. Why did she think He was the gardener?

Yeshua was not in a flower bed as so many may visualize, He was in a garden. And the reason Mary thought He was the gardener was that He was gathering His sheaf of First Fruits to wave as He, The High Priest, is commanded to do.

Yeshua was risen from the dead to become the first fruits of them that slept (1Co. 15:20).

Note: Some say the commandments of God were done away with, then why is Yeshua Himself still obeying them by waving the sheaf of First Fruits?
Answer: They have NOT been done away with. Yeshua's blood was shed for the remission of OUR sins not the remission of GOD's commandments.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 10/22/2017 at 12:36 AM, Giller said:

Here is church history even before Constantine (27 February c. 272 AD– 22 May 337 AD) was even alive.

-Ignateus (Born c.35 , Died c.110)

(http://www.ukapologetics.net/early.htm)

(The Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians 8-10 (c. 110 A.D.

If, then, those who had lived in antiquated practices came to newness of hope, no longer keeping the Sabbath but living in accordance with the Lord's day, on which our life also arose through Him and His death (which some deny), the mystery through which we came to believe,)

-Justin Martyr  (100 – 165 AD) 

(2nd Century A.D. 140
Justin Martyr: 
But Sunday is the day which we all hold our common assembly, because Jesus Christ, our Saviour, on the same day rose from the dead.” Apology, Chapter LXVII.
 )

-Irenaeus  (Born 130, Died 202),

(http://www.covenanter.org/JChrystie/lordsdayischristiansabbath.htm)

(Irenaeus, a disciple of Polycarp, the friend of John, says: "On the Lord’s day every one of us Christians keep the Sabbath, meditating on the law, and rejoicing in the works of God.")

-Clement of Alexandria (c. 150 – c. 215) 

(2nd Century A.D. 194 Clement of Alexandria, Egypt:
He, in fulfillment of the precept, according to the gospel, keeps the Lord’s Day, when he abandons an evil disposition, and assumes that of the Gnostic, glorifying the Lord’s resurrection in himself.” Book 7, Chapter XII.)

We get this all the time from Catholics who prefer not to quote the Bible for their doctrine.

IGNATIUS

Starts with the writing of Ignatius - a pile of 15 forged fraudulent grossly interpolated documents that Calvin rejected and even the RCC admits that the majority are fakes/frauds/ ... that is 'the pile' that is the perfect "lead" for the argument against the Bible texts that promote God's own commandment.

==============

Clement of Alexandria late 2nd century - early 3rd century.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clement_of_Alexandria

Titus Flavius Clemens (Greek: Κλήμης ὁ Ἀλεξανδρεύς; c. 150 – c. 215),[1] known as Clement of Alexandria to distinguish him from the earlier Clement of Rome, was a Christian theologian who taught at the Catechetical School of Alexandria. A convert to Christianity, he was an educated man who was familiar with classical Greek philosophy and literature. As his three major works demonstrate, Clement was influenced by Hellenistic philosophy to a greater extent than any other Christian thinker of his time, and in particular by Plato and the Stoics.[2] His secret works, which exist only in fragments, suggest that he was also familiar with pre-Christian Jewish esotericism and Gnosticism. In one of his works he argued that Greek philosophy had its origin among non-Greeks, claiming that both Plato and Pythagoras were taught by Egyptian scholars.[3] Among his pupils were Origen and Alexander of Jerusalem.

Clement is usually regarded as a Church Father. He is venerated as a saint in Coptic Christianity, Ethiopian Christianity and Anglicanism. He was previously revered in the Roman Catholic Church, but his name was removed from the Roman Martyrology in 1586 by Pope Sixtus V on the advice of Baronius.

================== Justin Martyr

Certainly Justin Martyr claims to totally ignore God's commandment - when it comes to the Sabbath. No question about his position opposing the Commandment of God.

Paul warns us of such things in Acts 20

25 “And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face. 26 Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. 28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears.

I prefer the teaching of Christ in Mark 7:6-13 when it comes to Justin's suggestion that Christians ignore God's Commandment

Edited by BobRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1