• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On January 30, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Technically they would be half-sisters. But the Bible doesn't name or number them.

For over a thousand years scholars and theologians have been using?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

to say that in mark's account her name is mentioned as Salome

Mark 15:40
There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

But I see it as directly mentioned one of Jesus sister, Salome. I read it at face value. it's the ( , ) after Joses that throws people off in Mark's account.

the wife of zebedee was the other Mary.  there was quite a few Mary's, thus one reason why she was always mentioned as simply (the mother of  Zebedee's children. there was many woman around some are mentioned in each account.

Another daughter was Joanna, who got married in Cana to Chuza, thus reason why Mary was concerned about the reception going smoothly. and why Herod knew a lot about Jesus and what He was doing for Chuza was Herod accountant, it's highly unlikely a man would let his wife run around with another man across the country side for months at a time, the reason Chuza didn't mind is that Joanna was Jesus sister.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

For over a thousand years scholars and theologians have been using?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

to say that in mark accounts her name is mentioned as Salome

Mark 15:40
There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

But I see it as directly mentioned one of Jesus sister, Salome. I read it at face value. it's the ( , ) after Joses that throws people off in Mark's account.

the wife of zebedee was the other Mary.  there was quite a few Mary's, thus one reason why she was always mentioned as simply (the mother of  Zebedee's children. there was many woman around some are mentioned in each account.

Another daughter was Joanna, who got married in Cana to Chuza, thus reason why Mary was concerned about the reception going smoothly.

I've done a great deal of research on the twelve Apostles. One thing all scholars and expositor's have in common; they're not absolutely sure about some of the Jame's, Mary's, etc. of scripture.

My research suggests Solome was the wife of Zebedee, and parents of James (the greater in stature). James a fisherman and business partner with his brothers JOHN and PETER. The only Apostle whose martyrdom is recorded in scripture.

My research suggests James (the less in stature or little) or James the Just, may have been the half brother, cousin or near kinsman of Jesus (Gal 1: 18-19). However, I find this James as the son of Alphaeus, a.k.a. CLEOPAS. How can that be??

(abbreviation of Cleopatros), one of the two disciples with whom Jesus conversed on the way to Emmaus on the day of the resurrection (Lu 24:18). We know nothing definitely regarding him. It is not certain that he was the Clopas of Joh 19:25, or the Alphaeus of Mt 10:3, although he may have been so.

The more I dig into it, the more confusing it gets.

As far as Jesus' first miracle at the wedding, it doesn't specifically say it, but I get the sense the marriage were kinsman to Mary the mother of Jesus. That's why Mary was so concerned about things going smoothly as you say. 

When half the men in Israel are named James, and half the woman in Israel are named Mary, it gets confusing :huh:

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

18 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've done a great deal of research on the twelve Apostles. One thing all scholars and expositor's have in common; they're not absolutely sure about some of the Jame's, Mary's, etc. of scripture.

My research suggests Solome was the wife of Zebedee, and parents of James (the greater in stature). James a fisherman and business partner with his brothers JOHN and PETER. The only Apostle whose martyrdom is recorded in scripture.

My research suggests James (the less in stature or little) or James the Just, may have been the half brother, cousin or near kinsman of Jesus (Gal 1: 18-19). However, I find this James as the son of Alphaeus, a.k.a. CLEOPAS. How can that be??

(abbreviation of Cleopatros), one of the two disciples with whom Jesus conversed on the way to Emmaus on the day of the resurrection (Lu 24:18). We know nothing definitely regarding him. It is not certain that he was the Clopas of Joh 19:25, or the Alphaeus of Mt 10:3, although he may have been so.

The more I dig into it, the more confusing it gets.

true indeed many researches have come to that same conclusion, but I read it just as it is written and with help from above confirmation. some verses are like that just straight forward logical thinking.

since Jesus had disciples named James as well, the lesser James is IMO just merely stating the fact his brother wasn't one of the twelve disciples mainly referring to the ones named James, thus the lesser of the two.

though indeed John and James were cousins of Jesus, thus sons of thunder, and Jesus being the Lightning.

there was two disciples named James none of which was His brother, their fathers are mentioned in different area's of the bible like as you mentioned one of them.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

What king was the youngest of 8 brothers?

34 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

When half the men in Israel are named James, and half the woman in Israel are named Mary, it gets confusing :huh:

Hahahaha that made me chuckle for sure, 

i know right, along with other names also, even Yoshua was a common name , Jesus Bar Abbas

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

What king was the youngest of 8 brothers?

Easy peezie: David

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Easy peezie: David

just so people know, :)

When David was anointed by Samuel, he had seven older brothers, so is correctly presented as the youngest of eight in 1 Samuel. One of those brothers then died, making David the youngest of seven, and this is the state of affairs reflected in 1 Chronicles.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Who was Joseph's youngest son?