creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Something that interested me in a sermon i heard. Tell me what you think. Whose advice would you think is more appropriate

jealous 2.JPG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

After a man gets married he can keep his woman friends but only in the company of his wife. If his wife does not like her that can get complicated something the two of them would have to work out. There have to be boundaries.  A married man has to respect his wife's opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Once you are married you are a couple...exclusively. A person needs to consider that before they get married.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

so when i get married i cant be around any females without my wife around?

21 minutes ago, Shilver1725 said:

If you work with a female you really can not avoid that. If you happen to see a female friend at the grocery store or the bank and ask each other what is happening then that is ok. But if you should ask her to go have coffee with you or go have lunch together I really don't think that is ok.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

to add some context. the pastor said-anytime your spouse doesn't approve of a friend of the opposite sex you should cut it off. while I can see where he was going I've also heard of people who are so insanely  jealous the eventually  ccause their spouses to breakcaway fron all of their friends and the relationship becomes abusive 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It's all in the vows both to God and the woman <-> man... If you don't understand vows then you don't understand anything! Keep your word no matter what... it is What God does!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Shilver1725 said:

No, what you can't do is ever put yourself into a situation that makes fodder for gossip by anyone nor hurts your spouse.

One way is to make sure you are never in a  "private" situation with  a person that could lead to the appearance of impropriety in the eyes of anyone period.

It is not only for your own testimony's sake, but also for any woman's that you have association with,  whether at work, church,  grocery store, wherever- it doesn't matter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357

A married man, if his marriage means anything to him, will honor his wife and put her first in everything.   In truth, when you have friends of the opposite sex, and are married, it is best to simply cut off any kind of meaningful contact with them unless it is in a couples situation when the spouses of both are present.  It is best when married if both parties avoid being alone together even in public in order to avoid the appearance of anything inappropriate. 

There is a way to have friends of the opposite sex and still honor one's marriage in a godly way without being alone with that person in public or private.  It's even harder if you are married, but have a friend of the opposite sex who is not.  I have seen many marriages end up on the rocks over stuff like that.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Looks like he should introduce his friend to his wife. As it seems she is just standing in the background while they are chatting away about the good old days. I would find it rude if my husband did that, and I would be asking him why he didn't introduce me. I could laugh along with them to the old stories too.  It is hard to tell by the story if this is just an issue with one person or is his wife like this with everyone. If she is like that with everyone I feel their marriage already has issues. We don't live in a bubble. And if you think your spouse is going to run off with everyone they talk too there is no way you are ever going to have a happy marriage. There is a lot that can be said about this.