existential mabel

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

[for me anyway] we may see what verse one from (1 John 4:1-7) is saying with common knowledge (sense), that we may understand the rest together with it, for it is understanding the idea of it through the Spirit of Truth saying: Beloved believe not every idea or concept, but test the ideas and concepts, whether they are of God: because many false ideas and concepts are gone out into the world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

On 11/1/2017 at 8:16 PM, Davida said:

In the beginning you need to utilize good teachers, for eg. Listen to a good expositional bible teacher like John MacArthur find him on youtube and www.gty.org

1 tim 4:16-New International Version
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

well i didnt know anything about John MacArthur and decided to google him as i am testing the spirit right in that i dont take anyone's word as gospel seeing as and especially as we are in the information age. and this is what i found ;

1.someone can take the mark of the beast worship the antichrist, worship the image of the beast, accept the mark of the beast and still be saved and go to heaven

in the past John MacArthur has warned about this very thing. source A Word to John MacArthur: Jacob Prasch Defends Calvary Chapel

........................................................................................................................

dug a little deeper and found this

2.https://www.christianpost.com/news/prophet-confronts-pastor-john-macarthur-with-message-from-god-that-he-is-in-error-before-congregation-143308/

You've grieved the Holy Spirit of God. Your doctrine of cessation is in error," the man declared in an unknown accent while looking directly at MacArthur, who also met the self-declared prophet's gaze. "He has been grieved, John MacArthur. He has sent me here to tell you that."

"You're sharpening the sword, and they are cutting each other," the unknown man added while pointing at the congregation.

......................................................................................................................

i dug deeper still  and thought i really need to know if this is for real his thinking and teaching . so then i come up with clip from the horses mouth itself.

3.John MacArthur OUTRAGE: Take the Mark of Beast, still be saved. False Teaching title of video 5:00 in  running time

dont sh00t the messenger! this is what i found

Edited by Steve_S
Removed youtube link. Please only post youtube videos in the appropriate Video Forum.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

11 hours ago, Giller said:

1Co 2:13
(13)  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

To get understanding of the word, it is important to first of all pray to God for understanding and wisdom, and to compare the word with the word, which in time you will see the bigger picture.

You really need to know God's heart on the matter, his character, his ways.

Pro 22:4
(4)  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

yes man's wisdom i am finding that it is in grave error the little bits that i look at eeeeeek. God it seem started a journey that took me out of the evangelical church and having to read the bible but more than that. i have always been a free spirit dont like organised stuff have always mistrusted it ....

To test the spirits, you can know this in many ways, by the fruit this or that doctrine produces, and if it is compatible with the bible.

ah but this is the area that i find awkward.. and so i am having to find my own my with God.

[for me anyway] we may see what verse one from (1 John 4:1-7) is saying with common knowledge (sense), that we may understand the rest together with it, for it is understanding the idea of it through the Spirit of Truth saying: Beloved believe not every idea or concept, but test the ideas and concepts, whether they are of God: because many false ideas and concepts are gone out into the world.

yes its common sense that is the way forwards and grounding and a firm foundation all of which takes time, effort and dedication. and with God's help this is possible.

Edited by existential mabel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,640
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A person needs to know how to examine the Scriptures. Do not accept every teaching on Worthy. Examine what you see.

Including of course Got Questions.

In fact, never trust solely in any man's words and conclusions. Never rely on even very good exposition by others alone, but don't be so ridged as to throw out the baby with the bath water either. The works of others is of tremdendous value to all of us- long as we don't start championing a man, any man, instead of our creator.

The hobby of some at least seems to be to put down the other person's favorite teachers no matter who they might be; and to substitute their own personal prejudices in it's place. When I think to ask,  "Well do you go to church?" I usually read a response of some length that boils down to, no I don't go to any church.

I happen to like John Piper. I happen to like Phil Johnson, and John MacArthur. I much enjoyed Dr. E.V.Hill. I benefited from God's use of Dr. Frederick Price and Dr Eugene Scott.

But best of all, I love the local body of Christ and the many lay people God the Holy Spirit has assembled together  to worship Jesus. For me that is here where He has directed me to live so that I may benefit from that assembly of saints. God has directed me to the local bodies of Christ that he has wanted me to fellowship in person. 

Personally, I credit God as having the ability  to utilize all things for the good for those that believe on Jesus as their Lord God and personal savior. I believe from experience and from the word of God, that even that which may be intended for evil will instead be turned to good purpose for my own sanctification as a born again saint in Christ Jesus.

God has no need of me to be his avenger, just  the desire for me to share  of the gospel of Jesus, because it pleases Him when I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Including of course Got Questions.

In fact, never trust solely in any man's words and conclusions. Never rely on even very good exposition by others alone, but don't be so ridged as to throw out the baby with the bath water either. The works of others is of tremdendous value to all of us- long as we don't start championing a man, any man, instead of our creator.

The hobby of some at least seems to be to put down the other person's favorite teachers no matter who they might be; and to substitute their own personal prejudices in it's place. When I think to ask,  "Well do you go to church?" I usually read a response of some length that boils down to, no I don't go to any church.

I happen to like John Piper. I happen to like Phil Johnson, and John MacArthur. I much enjoyed Dr. E.V.Hill. I benefited from God's use of Dr. Frederick Price and Dr Eugene Scott.

But best of all, I love the local body of Christ and the many lay people God the Holy Spirit has assembled together  to worship Jesus. For me that is here where He has directed me to live so that I may benefit from that assembly of saints. God has directed me to the local bodies of Christ that he has wanted me to fellowship in person. 

Personally, I credit God as having the ability  to utilize all things for the good for those that believe on Jesus as their Lord God and personal savior. I believe from experience and from the word of God, that even that which may be intended for evil will instead be turned to good purpose for my own sanctification as a born again saint in Christ Jesus.

God has no need of me to be his avenger, just  the desire for me to share  of the gospel of Jesus, because it pleases Him when I do.

There are several good trustworthy site out there. And there are some really bad ones. A new Christian needs to know to stay out of the bad sites.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

23 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We must know the true literal Word of God so well that we can detect a counterfeit very easily.

So what's the true literal word of God.  If thy right eye offend the pluck it out.  We can consider that literal, can we ?.  Hey, just asking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

i dug deeper still  and thought i really need to know if this is for real his thinking and teaching . so then i come up with clip from the horses mouth itself.

3.John MacArthur OUTRAGE: Take the Mark of Beast, still be saved. False Teaching title of video 5:00 in  running time

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3tjRq6tX4 -

dont sh00t the messenger! this is what i found

The more anyone looks,  the more how that one (and his ongoing teachings) was/were exposed (online by conservative Bible testers)  as a false teacher "denying the power" of the Gospel, even of God,  while having a (so-called) 'very good' FORM "of religion" ..... (again , still, today, without power of God, denying His Power) ...

OR ,   if you are able to read the Bible enough, the discrepancies become more clear, Yahweh willing.  The more someone gets understanding of the Bible from Yahweh,  the more clear the discrepancies are. (and very much so) .

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So what's the true literal word of God.  If thy right eye offend the pluck it out.  We can consider that literal, can we ?.  Hey, just asking. 

It is little understood, that "REALITY" (Yahweh's Truth, unchanging), and that REALITY is NOT necessarily physically done.

Just as Jesus said "MY WORDS ARE SPIRIT, and THEY ARE LIFE" when the precursors to the 2 billion deceived souls thought He meant 'literal' , EVEN THOUGH HE SAID PLAINLY FOR OUR SAKE - "SPIRIT"  ..... and clearly He never would break any commandment as well.  (how can 2 billion deceived souls forget that ???!!!) ...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

It means to read the words of God just as they are written. It is the only way to determine what God is trying to communicate to us. There are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but they are obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It means to read the words of God just as they are written. It is the only way to determine what God is trying to communicate to us. There are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but they are obvious.

THE more we read dear sister the more we learn.   IF they would look at another part JESUS had said IT WOULD BE BETTER TOO.

the point is NOT TO SIN .    we know that don't we lady muffet.     YOU CARRYON DEAR SISTER you carry on and know you are loved.    Read on sister , read on.