• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But the Pharisees were putting up false appearances.  They were outwardly appearing one way, while inwardly they were the opposite.  That is not what we are dealing with here.

I think it is more that their hearts were not right.....religious (in the wrong sense) people can obey the law outwardly but inwardly be full of pride and self-righteousness and a wrong attitude.  I just know there are times when in order to obey the Lord we have to ignore people making wrong assumptions....which if their hearts are not right, they are happy to jump to wrong conclusions.  The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we need to understand this verse aright, because if not, it can lead to quenching and disobeying the Spirit, thinking it can't be the Lord if it makes people think evil.....when really it's on them if they are thinking evil of an innocent situation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Running Gator said:

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Could appearance mean representation?

Just as being a Christian means we walk in our lives as representations of Christ. The meaning of appearance here may mean to stay away from all representation of evil.

If so, then:

Abstain from every form of evil.

and

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

have very similar meanings.

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I think it is more that their hearts were not right.....religious (in the wrong sense) people can obey the law outwardly but inwardly be full of pride and self-righteousness and a wrong attitude. 

Yes,   If you're putting up false appearances, it is due to a impure heart that is trying to hide what it really.

I just know there are times when in order to obey the Lord we have to ignore people making wrong assumptions....which if their hearts are not right, they are happy to jump to wrong conclusions.  The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we need to understand this verse aright, because if not, it can lead to quenching and disobeying the Spirit, thinking it can't be the Lord if it makes people think evil.....when really it's on them if they are thinking evil of an innocent situation.

To understand the verse correctly, we simply need to avoid all appearance of evil, like it says to do.

Guest shiloh357
58 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I WAS NOT MAKING AN ACCUSATION AGAINST ANYONE! I was not  replying to anyone's  post! All anyone ever wants to do on here is argue with each other! We are suppose to be Christians!

Oh please.... You come here and insert yourself in debates because you want to argue.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

We are suppose to be Christians! I said what I said with the though that it would be a peaceful resolutions for both sides. Saying that no side is right and no side is wrong.  Then you go off accusing me of making false accusations about people!

Well,   that is correct,  right ?   You falsely accused people (or just 'assumed') of knowing how to live and to think as a Christian, including self.

From Scripture,  in line with Scripture only,  one side is right.   That's how it has always been, as Jesus taught in the NT,

as Yahweh taught in the TORAH and in the OT .  And of course, as His Spirit Reveals, Always.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes,   If you're putting up false appearances, it is due to a impure heart that is trying to hide what it really.

To understand the verse correctly, we simply need to avoid all appearance of evil, like it says to do.

Sometimes to understand a thing, we need the whole counsel of God on a matter.

33 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Sometimes to understand a thing, we need the whole counsel of God on a matter.

Yochanan the immerser declared that no man can receive anything (like understanding, or wisdom, or knowledge, or a wife, or a husband, or cattle, or victory in battle )

UNLESS the FATHER in HEAVEN grants it .....  i.e. not just 'sometimes'  , but every time,  all the time.....)

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Let me put it this way.  We are limiting the amount of damage they can do when it comes to perverting doctrine.  There is no way to stop people from misusing scripture, even if they are using a KJV Bible.  

All around you ,  surrounding your posts, and the posts of those who are faithful and true,

the "amount of damage" is growing, not shrinking , every day......   as Yahweh permits or has permitted ...

No one is actively "censoring" nor even identifying ('flagging'?)  those who continue daily all around us to post error upon error as it is also written: "the wicked will become more wicked" ....

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

All around you ,  surrounding your posts, and the posts of those who are faithful and true,

the "amount of damage" is growing, not shrinking , every day......   as Yahweh permits or has permitted ...

No one is actively "censoring" nor even identifying ('flagging'?)  those who continue daily all around us to post error upon error as it is also written: "the wicked will become more wicked" ....

Their is  a false unifying spirit at work , so be on guard against it too JEFF.

the jews , under interfaith for world peace and unity , like muslims and Christians and buddists and wicans and atheist and agnostic

THEY coming to a common mindset more and more in the all inclusive SATAN interfaith for world peace.

The jews like others are falling for it massive now , just massive.    I Have come in my fathers name and you hear me not

But if another comes in his own name HIM YOU WILL HEAR.  the rabbis under interfaith are making changings to torah and looking for world peace

saying things like moses , jesus, allah are all dancing .  THEYS LIARS .  they shun torah , thus they shun Christ for torah points to Christ

and they believe their messiah is coming to usher all religions as one , peoples as one for world peace.  WONT BE MESSIAH doing that , try ANTI MESSIAH.   its a madhouse

of men drunken with the wine of the whores fornication .    

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I think it is more that their hearts were not right.....religious (in the wrong sense) people can obey the law outwardly but inwardly be full of pride and self-righteousness and a wrong attitude.  I just know there are times when in order to obey the Lord we have to ignore people making wrong assumptions....which if their hearts are not right, they are happy to jump to wrong conclusions.  The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we need to understand this verse aright, because if not, it can lead to quenching and disobeying the Spirit, thinking it can't be the Lord if it makes people think evil.....when really it's on them if they are thinking evil of an innocent situation.

ITs so simple dear sister.    Paul was not hiding revelation in anything he said. HE was just WRITING LETTERS to the churches.

IT Just mean what it says........AVOID evil.    and by evil , ITS what GOD Calls evil , not man thinks is.
so its simple follow the spirit , get fed on holy scrips , be made wise unto salvation .   Paul wrote letters to the church .   just as did peter , james , jude

Letters.    ITS MAN that has messed up the letters, to FIT their DOCTRINE is why its such a madhouse.   let us just read and follow Christ .