• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

I understood,what I didn't understand is why if he became born again he never went to worship together with others that had been born again. It is a clue his whole understanding may have been off. I'm sorry you jumped to a false conclusion so easily.

Perhaps you have jumped to conclusions about my uncle.   Things are not always so cut and dried in life.    There are sometimes extremely deep hurts that people experience....and when the deep hurts are caused by people in churches, that is really a horrible thing.   

Again, I think it was a wonderful thing that the Lord spoke to my uncle's heart that he would be dying within the next several hours.  And again, this shows our Lord's extreme love and mercy.   He picks His wounded sheep up and carries him on His shoulders, and takes him home.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Perhaps you have jumped to conclusions about my uncle.   Things are not always so cut and dried in life.    There are sometimes extremely deep hurts that people experience....and when the deep hurts are caused by people in churches, that is really a horrible thing.   

Again, I think it was a wonderful thing that the Lord spoke to my uncle's heart that he would be dying within the next several hours.  And again, this shows our Lord's extreme love and mercy.   He picks His wounded sheep up and carries him on His shoulders, and takes him home.

I think your Uncle had a genuine message from God. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 11/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, Debp said:

I have had a few  occurrences from the Lord, although I don't throw these types of things around lightly.    I'm just a regular Christian... somewhat quiet in my faith.

But I want to tell about my uncle Danny.  He was saved as a young man but as he went through life, he didn't go to church, etc.   But the night before he died, he went in to take a shower.  He told his wife that he wanted to be clean when he met God!  And several hours later, he passed away!

This made quite an impression on his wife, daughter, my mom and me....maybe others that heard it (he lived in another state).

I thought it was so amazing that he knew he was going to die that night!

What makes you think 'he was saved' if he didn't go to church? 

I'm not questioning his salvation (that is between him and God) but I questioning how you personally can have any assurance that he was saved when you admit he didn't live the life that Christ Jesus demands of us, ie he forsook the assembling of the saints (and I wonder what the 'etc' is)?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

4 hours ago, Debp said:

That people get hurt (often very badly and very deeply) in a church is one of the sad realities of living in this world - however to use that as a reason to not to be part of a church is to put personal hurt in front of  Jesus Christ and to live outside his will. If Jesus Christ can put aside his personal hurt over my sinful nature and redeem me from it bu his blood then who am I to hold onto my personal hurt, and if I refuse to meet those people who might hurt me again in this life what confidence can I have that I will be welcome in eternity with them (why would Jesus put me with people that i don't want to be with?)

That being sad I am questioning the man's salvation, I am simply wondering where your assurance of his salvation comes from? 

The Lord's love and mercy are shown in the cross of Jesus Christ, we don't really need to look anywhere else for it - as for what your Uncle said before taking his shower on what basis do you assume it was from God - the simple fact that he died later, or did he testify to some special revelation? 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 11/8/2017 at 2:06 AM, Debp said:

I have had a few  occurrences from the Lord, although I don't throw these types of things around lightly.    I'm just a regular Christian... somewhat quiet in my faith.

But I want to tell about my uncle Danny.  He was saved as a young man but as he went through life, he didn't go to church, etc.   But the night before he died, he went in to take a shower.  He told his wife that he wanted to be clean when he met God!  And several hours later, he passed away!

This made quite an impression on his wife, daughter, my mom and me....maybe others that heard it (he lived in another state).

I have heard so many such stories. Of how people just realize their time is up and set things right with God. Everyone is saved only through faith. And nothing else. It simply amazes me of our Lord's grace and mercy. That He would reach out to a person until the last minute. I don't think the bath really mattered. What would have mattered is what was going through in his heart. I hope and pray that he had asked for forgiveness of all his sins and asked Jesus to wash him clean with His blood.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Attending church is not a condition for being saved. It's a good thing to do if you can find 1 worth going to. But as time goes on that's getting harder and harder. Debp knew her Uncle we didn't. She says she had good reason to believe he was saved and we should believe her. If we don't we're being judgmental and we're sinning. Only God knows for certain who is saved and who isn't.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,201
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Debp said:

Hi Deb,

Thank you for sharing such a personal story of your uncle. I believe the Lord works in people`s hearts and we don`t see the half of it. Now going to a public religious meeting organised by man does not always bring you closer to God. It can make some people very religious in a hard way.

As to your uncle, he obviously had done some work with the Lord in His heart, and being practical, as most men are, he wanted (I think) to do an outward act of the inward reality - he was ready to face His Maker. He may have accepted the Lord`s sacrifice for him in his heart. We cannot judge.

May your heart rest, dear sis, for God is at work in the heart and we are not to judge by man`s outward rules & regulations.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

15 hours ago, JTC said:

I think your Uncle had a genuine message from God. 

I believe so, too.  And the good effect it had on his family was a beautiful thing. 

13 hours ago, ravindran said:

I have heard so many such stories. Of how people just realize their time is up and set things right with God. Everyone is saved only through faith. And nothing else. It simply amazes me of our Lord's grace and mercy. That He would reach out to a person until the last minute. I don't think the bath really mattered. What would have mattered is what was going through in his heart. I hope and pray that he had asked for forgiveness of all his sins and asked Jesus to wash him clean with His blood.

Amen, especially that we are saved through our faith in Christ alone....and of the Lord's grace and mercy.

7 hours ago, JTC said:

Attending church is not a condition for being saved. It's a good thing to do if you can find 1 worth going to. But as time goes on that's getting harder and harder. Debp knew her Uncle we didn't. She says she had good reason to believe he was saved and we should believe her. If we don't we're being judgmental and we're sinning. Only God knows for certain who is saved and who isn't.

Thanks very much  for your kind understanding and discernment.     

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Deb,

Thank you for sharing such a personal story of your uncle. I believe the Lord works in people`s hearts and we don`t see the half of it. Now going to a public religious meeting organised by man does not always bring you closer to God. It can make some people very religious in a hard way.

As to your uncle, he obviously had done some work with the Lord in His heart, and being practical, as most men are, he wanted (I think) to do an outward act of the inward reality - he was ready to face His Maker. He may have accepted the Lord`s sacrifice for him in his heart. We cannot judge.

May your heart rest, dear sis, for God is at work in the heart and we are not to judge by man`s outward rules & regulations.

Marilyn.

Thanks for the kind words, Marilyn, I agree.

My uncle's wife was seriously ill and one of his daughters had cancer,  so maybe it was also a way to let them know when he died, he would be with the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2