IGNORED

Would having special services for Pastors or other members be considered Idolatry?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Our Lord has said

1 Timothy 5:17 (KJV)

[17] Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

and so shall the hearts of God say :amen: 

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IN the meanwhile miss muffet keep feeding also only from the bible.  its pure and all you need is the Spirit to guide you.

That is unscriptural.  God gave the church pastors, teachers and evangelists because we need them.

And you know what?  That's in the Bible (Eph. 4: 11-13).  The Bible tells us we need them, they are given by God the Church.   So you are actually at odds with the Bible.  You are giving unbiblical counsel.  And that is anathema.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Anyone who thinks that appreciating a pastor at church is idolatry doesn't know what idolatry is.

Most pastors, 80-90% of them, are bi-vocational in churches of 50 members or less.   They get paid very little, really.  They work a job during the week to support their families, but are at the hospital ER at 2:30 in the morning when members of their church call on them.  They visit the sick, counsel, often work as the church janitor, as well. They perform weddings and funerals and visit grieving family members.   Many small churches are single staff member churches where the pastor is the also the secretary and the worship leader.  Many of them juggle their pastoral duties with family duties sometimes, the pastor's family pays the price.  Pastors of small churches don't get time off, much less, paid vacations, generally speaking. In many cases, they live on a shoe-string budget.  But they don't complain because being a pastor isn't career; it's a ministry, a calling of God that they have obeyed. 

Is it so much, is it so bad to just show some appreciation??? 

And so what about collection plates?   Is a church supposed to just exist on air???   How do the utility bills and building repairs get done if offerings are not taken?  How is it that a church is expected to support missionaries, provide youth and children's activities, maintain a clean, safe, place to worship, but everyone complains when the collection plates are passed around???

"I am always amused at people who look down their self-righteous snoots at churches and pretend that they are just too spiritual to rub shoulders with other Christians at church and of course, it's the pastor's fault.   If pastor doesn't drive a broken down car, isn't dressed in rags and doesn't subsist on beans and water every day, then he isn't humble enough for those who think it is their job to sit in judgment on him. 

For every 1 pastor who heads up a wealthy mega-church, there are 1,000's of others whose churches don't pay them a salary and they have to word a 40 hour week and juggle a job, pastoring and family life.    Those who just can't go to church because they allegedly can't find a pastor they "respect"  are simply using that as a pretext or a smokescreen for the fact that they are just too lazy to get up on Sunday morning and go to Church."

Are you a Pastor shiloh?

Shiloh do you care to reply?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you a Pastor shiloh?

May I invite you to church here? Please , come join us so sometime, bless us and hopefully we will bless you too as we fellowship study pray share of our needs provide for each others need and receive education in the word of God word by word verse by verse from the Bible.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Davida said:

So you have travelled through a million miles of country roads and been a member of all of the churches across the country-side to make this blanket condemning judgment??   Impressive!

IF we had slowed down just a wee bit and read that I had said I have not been to EVERY church .  not even close.   But the ones I have , they false . and I stand on it till my last day.

I don't mean they taught pre trib or mid trib or post trib.  No , their doctrine was just dung .   But as I said and as you said,   I aint been to but maybe a tenth of a tenth of a percent

of all churches.   just , the ones I have, and the ones I seen on tbn.  THEY false .  not even remotely resembling Christ at all.  Rome too for that matter

and emergent church for that matter.   You be blessed now davida.   be blessed.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

45 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

"I am always amused at people who look down their self-righteous snoots at churches and pretend that they are just too spiritual to rub shoulders with other Christians at church and of course, it's the pastor's fault.   If pastor doesn't drive a broken down car, isn't dressed in rags and doesn't subsist on beans and water every day, then he isn't humble enough for those who think it is their job to sit in judgment on him. 

For every 1 pastor who heads up a wealthy mega-church, there are 1,000's of others whose churches don't pay them a salary and they have to word a 40 hour week and juggle a job, pastoring and family life.    Those who just can't go to church because they allegedly can't find a pastor they "respect"  are simply using that as a pretext or a smokescreen for the fact that they are just too lazy to get up on Sunday morning and go to Church."

Are you a Pastor?

It is hard to tell if the greater sin is lack of understanding,  or greater rebellion.....  since she has no good teacher to teach her,  and dare not trust the ones , if any, here.

Is the greater sin found in her teacher ?  Probably yes,  but that doesn't help...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

All denominations worship does not worship in  the same manner.  In some, tongues are not spoken, the congregation is asked to stand while the word is read ect.   The Pentecostals or the ones I am know usually have extravagant or should I say dynamic worship service and that includes their functions.   Their pastor appreciation can be seen as a overkill to the person looking in from the outside or the visitor.  Collection plates are passed around and the proceeds for that day goes towards the pastor .

Baptist may be given a package or envelope with someone saying a few words about the pastor appreciation, short and to the point, with no one knowing what's in the package.   

I myself see nothing wrong in saying thank you to the leader of  the flock whom the flock has with their own mind and conscience agrees to give him a token of appreciation.   We give one another gifts and i don't see any different of a pastor.   It's the intent of the heart to give and share in love of the family.  

If you are forced to give, then that becomes a different story.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

You said , " I sure don't see Christ in any of them" that was your post.  I didn't rush over anything.

JEFF I must always be honest.    IT is so hard to find a true one ,  that if I told you how hard,   you might even gasp.

THEIRS that many false ones out their .   and its darn scary how many have not a clue.  Now I aint been in EVERY church and I aint met every pastor.

BUT here is the scary thing .  ALL Of the ones I have seen or met.................THEY false. AND THAT IS REAL SCARY.   real scary. 

I know I will probably be hounded for saying it , and one of our members here already did, they said they know LOTS of GOOD churches.

and I was like amen.  good.   TILL THEY BROUGHT JOHN PIPER ON and see him as GOOD.  NO WONDER he thinks so many churches are good and aint seeing what I am.

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

JEFF I must always be honest.    IT is so hard to find a true one ,  that if I told you how hard,   you might even gasp.

THEIRS that many false ones out their .   and its darn scary how many have not a clue.  Now I aint been in EVERY church and I aint met every pastor.

BUT here is the scary thing .  ALL Of the ones I have seen or met.................THEY false. AND THAT IS REAL SCARY.   real scary. 

I know I will probably be hounded for saying it , and one of our members here already did, they said they know LOTS of GOOD churches.

and I was like amen.  good.   TILL THEY BROUGHT JOHN PIPER ON and see him as GOOD.  NO WONDER he thinks so many churches are good and aint seeing what I am.

a few posts down , when I was talking to JEFF.     Now I aint been to EVERY church and I aint met every pastor.

Hope that helps.  be blessed davida.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF we had slowed down just a wee bit and read that I had said I have not been to EVERY church .  not even close.   But the ones I have , they false . and I stand on it till my last day.

I don't mean they taught pre trib or mid trib or post trib.  No , their doctrine was just dung .   But as I said and as you said,   I aint been to but maybe a tenth of a tenth of a percent

of all churches.   just , the ones I have, and the ones I seen on tbn.  THEY false .  not even remotely resembling Christ at all.  Rome too for that matter

and emergent church for that matter.   You be blessed now davida.   be blessed.

Well I'm going to ask, do you attend a Christian church? Are you a member of a Christian church? Are you a regular attendee of a Christian church? Are you a born again Christian accepting of the triune nature of God? Please, if you are willing take your time in response, I have a Little league Baseball game to attend now, but will be greatly interested in reading what you might share. Thanks.

Edited by Neighbor