• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, It may be tempting (to some at least)  to state the world is a garbage dump. BUT how does that stack up with the Bible if we substitute the words Garbage Dump for world?

Let's try a few examples and see how they fit:

God so loved the Garbage Dump that He gave His only begotten Son for it. Eh, maybe not a great fit.

What of other possible substitutions of Garbage Dump for world in the Bible, do any fit really good? Got some?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The world is not nearly as safe as a garbage dump.

• Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, It may be tempting (to some at least)  to state the world is a garbage dump. BUT how does that stack up with the Bible if we substitute the words Garbage Dump for world?

God so loved the Garbage Dump that He gave His only begotten Son for it. Eh, maybe not a great fit.

What of other possible substitutions of Garbage Dump for world in the Bible, do any fit really good? Got some?

Ummmmm.........Love not the Garbage Dump nor the things in it.  To be friends with the Garbage Dump is enmity with God.  We are in the Garbage Dump but not of it.  Our citizenship is not in the Garbage Dump.  What does it profit a man to gain the whole Garbage Dump but lose his own soul.  :)

God so loved the world...........is talking about souls...........He loves souls and desires none to perish.  Because we know that God does not love the carnal world and its ways.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a nice write-up from G.K. Chesterton which I think pertains to God's perspective here. 

Let us suppose we are confronted with a desperate thing – say Pimlico. If we think what is really best for Pimlico we shall find the thread of thought leads to the throne of the mystic and the arbitrary. It is not enough for a man to disapprove of Pimlico; in that case he will merely cut his throat or move to Chelsea. Nor, certainly, is it enough for a man to approve of Pimlico; for then it will remain Pimlico, which would be awful. The only way out of it seems to be for somebody to love Pimlico; to love it with a transcendental tie and without any earthly reason. If there arose a man who loved Pimlico, then Pimlico would rise into ivory towers and golden pinnacles… If men loved Pimlico as mothers love children, arbitrarily, because it is theirs, Pimlico in a year or two might be fairer than Florence. Some readers will say that this is mere fantasy. I answer that this is the actual history of mankind. This, as a fact, is how cities did grow great. Go back to the darkest roots of civilization and you will find them knotted round some sacred stone or encircling some sacred well. People first paid honour to a spot and afterwards gained glory for it. Men did not love Rome because she was great. She was great because they had loved her.

In short, God is coming to do some spring cleaning for this Garbage dump. Beneath all the filth there's not such a bad world, it was we who made it into such a dump, like children who really made a bad mess of our room and anticipating the parent's discipline which we lament, but if we give in to that discipline we're much better off for it, as we show how much we really don't want to hurt our parents. God will clean up our mess and sternly tell us, "Don't do that again".    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

46 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Ummmmm.........Love not the Garbage Dump nor the things in it.  To be friends with the Garbage Dump is enmity with God.  We are in the Garbage Dump but not of it.  Our citizenship is not in the Garbage Dump.  What does it profit a man to gain the whole Garbage Dump but lose his own soul.  :)

God so loved the world...........is talking about souls...........He loves souls and desires none to perish.  Because we know that God does not love the carnal world and its ways.

Thank you dear dear sister for exposing more of this false all inclusive mindset.   See it is in many forms . but its common core is UNITY with the WORLD

and NOT unity WITH and IN CHRIST and those OF HIM alone.   we are kind to all.  but not unequally yoked with all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

And the WHOLE world LIES in wickedness.    Neighbor.  what did you think of the video I sent.   you know I love you.  only looking out for you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And the WHOLE world LIES in wickedness.    Neighbor.  what did you think of the video I sent.   you know I love you.  only looking out for you. 

Hey if you can't find  church in the entire State of Texas, come, come move to Floridah. Come visit our Lord's Church  that the Holy Spirit led me to some years ago. In fact you can sample of it from Texas if you have need to be fed until the Spirit convicts you to make a move. Ask and i'll send you information on viewing of listening to any service from the past 35 years. And if you wish you can view live as well. 

Today has been an outstanding morning of regeneration , really a great lift to  my spouse and me. Much of th echurch has just returned from  Israel and the spirit  was strongly evident in both the worship and the teaching.

Anyway if you let me know , I will send the link- who knows maybe the Holy Spirit will move you to some place, maybe even here, and you will gain a strong home church. I pray to God this day that you will be led (or dragged as I was) to  a great place to learn and serve. Amen

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Thank you dear dear sister for exposing more of this false all inclusive mindset.   See it is in many forms . but its common core is UNITY with the WORLD

and NOT unity WITH and IN CHRIST and those OF HIM alone.   we are kind to all.  but not unequally yoked with all.

Amen and amen brother........we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers......how that needs to be shouted from the rooftops these days!....for what does Christ have in common with Belial!   And I hope this is a good reminder too......this world is passing away, and the lusts of it, but he who does the will of God will live forever.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Garbage Dump

1 Timothy 4:1

2 Timothy 3:1-9

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hey if you can't find  church in the entire State of Texas, come, come move to Floridah. Come visit our Lord's Church  that the Holy Spirit led me to some years ago. In fact you can sample of it from Texas if you have need to be fed until the Spirit convicts you to make a move. Ask and i'll send you information on viewing of listening to any service from the past 35 years. And if you wish you can view live as well. 

Today has been an outstanding morning of regeneration , really a great lift to  my spouse and me. Much of th echurch has just returned from  Israel and the spirit  was strongly evident in both the worship and the teaching.

Anyway if you let me know , I will send the link- who knows maybe the Holy Spirit will move you to some place, maybe even here, and you will gain a strong home church. I pray to God this day that you will be led (or dragged as I was) to  a great place to learn and serve. Amen

By all means send the many sermons you have had .    Contrary to thought,  I don't look at a church and just assume ITS LOST .

now how evil is that.   No,   I test the doctrine .   As I have done for many years.    SO by all means send many links.  

How can I , who has never even stepped foot in your church, know what goes on inside and judge it rightly.  I cant.  nor would i.

But neighbor you need to start answering the questions I ask you.  you have a few , but most you don't .

So ,   I am going to ask you ,   Do you see Kenneth Copeland.   Did you watch the video .   and what do you think of Kenny and this movement.

at least lets start with that question.   IF you want to answer in private.  GO ahead do it in private .  but please start answering .

• Thumbs Up 2