• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We have to warn the people .    just keep on reminding , keep on exhorting and pray that it sinks into the hearts of many. 

This reminded me a little of the Titanic and the Twin Towers disasters.

If (as may have been the case) a few were warned ahead of time,  they avoided the voyage or avoided being in the area.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Just want to add, this is how Jesus washes our feet......which He said if He doesn't wash our feet we have no part with Him.

This is amazing .   for what do the feet represent.    and have thy feet SHOD with the preparation of THE GOSPLE. 

not the pope false world peace gospel  .  BUT THE ONE TRUE GOSPLE o   Christ .

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Beware the mother cries to her daughters come home , come home I have prepared a place of safety for you where all are welcome .

She cries the all inclusive cry and her daughters heed her .    She prepares the way of many roads and her path is broad and all accepting .

She cries love and peace ,  but in her heart is hate and war .     She cares not for her daughters nor those whom she welcomes.

War is in her heart .  She builds not for peace but for POWER and she cares not though she pretends.   She does this under the guise

of the light which is darkness only .   In her heart she builds and prepares the world to come against her true enemy .

She is the mother of all abominations and fithiness  and portrays herself as ever so clean.    She has many nets by which

she catches many men .  her bait is wordliness and lusts of the flesh and her catch are men and women OF the world whose love is of the world.

Her walls are built with untemepered moter , the lies of men and mankind, and though her tower of many paths she builds to the heavens

is building high,   IT shall crash in an instant on the DAY of the LORD.

She calls and those who love her message come in under the guise of peace and safety , under the guise of love and tolerance

under the spell of all inclusive.   Only heed her not ,  she is not all inclusive , she has an enemy,   THE LAMB and his saints are her enemy.

She fills her cup and to the max in time with the blood of the saints.

Beware her cry for though she sings the song which she says causes life and enlightenment,  its only death and delusion to all who go under it .

Her daughters cry to their flocks...................come home , let us join with mother as one , let us hold hands with all religions for world peace

let us focus and our unity be WITH the WORLD .   but she knows not her end is death and all who go under her spell are dead and will be twice dead .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I couldn't agree more. Deception is the greatest threat to our eternal souls. Only those who believe the truth shall be saved. We can't be intellectually lazy about finding the truth and holding on to it with all our strength. I started to add some NT verses about truth, but there  were too many. Right beside the threat of deception is the threat of speculation. Too many pastors and teachers want to speculate about what the bible teaches. We are explicitly warned about that. We can't listen to it. If we don't "Know" beyond a shadow of a doubt, we need to leave it alone until we do know since Jesus teaches that all things will eventually be made known. There's only one place I go to now to hear teaching. Voiceofelijah.org. There, I know I'll hear nothing but the Truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 11/17/2017 at 2:02 AM, MyLordsServant said:

Deception is the single greatest threat to Christians.

It is warned by Jesus and others, many times. Even the elect may be deceived. Atheism, persecution, etc,. are nothing in comparison. Satan's best weapon is infiltrating from within. Just look at what's happening in churches today. Look what's happening in the world. I've been newly born for less than a month and the deception has been merciless. 3-5 decades ago, clapping in the church, short dresses, chewing gum, etc.; Things that are now seemingly small, were considered wrong. Now where are we? Now all of these little things have been instituted, that are slowly corrupting. The church I attend has a period during service, where everyone takes out candies and makes a racket with packaging. This service is barely an hour long, and people can't wait? What if Jesus was preaching. Would we do these things in God's presence or in a Holy place? How far have we strayed in relativity to O.T. Jewish Holy temples and their customs. I wouldn't doubt God has forsaken many churches. In the condition they are in, no Holiness can dwell.

The anti-christ and his spirit will arise from within the church. "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." 

If you throw a frog into boiling water, it will jump out. If you leave the frog in the water, and slowly raise the temperature to boiling. It will stay there until it dies. Satan has been slowly turning up the temperature. We're nearing the end.

When you see abomination of desolation in the church, get ready to run. Be careful out there, brothers. These are with no doubt, the end times.

Signs of the End of the Age

3While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will all this happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”

4Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you5For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

We are now in this stage:

Witnessing to All Nations
(Mark 13:10-13; Luke 21:10-19)

9Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name. 10At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, 11and many false prophets will arise and mislead many.

12Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.13But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Few things are left to be accomplished before our Lord returns.

Brilliant post.

Devil means "divisor".

Each denomination and confession think they have the whole Truth, and like football teams defend what they have without questioning it. The devil has divided the Truth, so that everybody could hold some truths mixed with lies, without realizing it. Thus, lies spread, and we become less prepared for the Day of the Lord.

Meanwhile, the most frequent discussions within Christians are far from the most frequent topics Jesus talked about. The number of human "teachers" multiply and the time to read the Gospel and believe each word of it and bear its consequences decreases.

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Deception: think carefully about this.

Talking of the 'anti-Christ' and of the Roman positions in regards to the Papacy. Here are a couple excerpts to consider. (Barnes' notes)

"Sitteth in the temple of God - That is, in the Christian church. It is by no means necessary to understand this of the temple at Jerusalem, which was standing at the time this Epistle was written, because:
(1) the phrase "the temple of God" is several times used with reference to the Christian church, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 3:17; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21; Revelation 3:12; and,
(2) the temple was the proper symbol of the church, and an apostle trained amidst the Hebrew institutions would naturally speak of the church as the temple of God. The temple at Jerusalem was regarded as the peculiar dwelling-place of God on earth. When the Christian church was founded, it was spoken of as the peculiar dwelling-place of God; see the passages referred to above. He dwelt among His people. He was with them, and walked with them, and manifested himself among them - as he had done in the ancient temple. The usage in the New Testament would not lead us to restrict this language to an edifice, or a "church," as the word is now commonly used, but rather to suppose that it denotes the church as a society, and the idea is, that the Antichrist here referred to would present himself in the midst of that church as claiming the honors due to God alone."

"Showing himself that he is God - This does not necessarily mean that he actually, in so many words, claimed to be God; but that he usurped the place of God, and claimed the prerogatives of God. If the names of God are given to him, or are claimed by him; if he receives the honors due to God; if he asserts a dominion like that of God, then all that the language fairly implies will be fulfilled. The following expressions, applied to the Pope of Rome by Catholic writers, without any rebuke from the papacy, will show how entirely applicable this is to the pretended Head of the Church. He has been styled "Our Lord God the Pope; another God upon earth; king of kings and lord of lords. The same is the dominion of God and the Pope. To believe that our Lord God the Pope might not decree as he decreed is heresy. The power of the Pope is greater than all created power, and extends itself to things celestial, terrestrial, and infernal. The Pope doeth whatsoever he listeth, even things unlawful, and is more than God;" see the authority for these extraordinary declarations in Dr. Newton book on the Prophecies, Dissertations xxii. How can it be doubted that the reference here is to the papacy? Language could not be plainer, and it is not possible to conceive that anything can ever occur which would furnish a more manifest fulfillment of this prophecy. Indeed, interpreted by the claims of the papacy, it stands among the very clearest of all the predictions in the Sacred Scriptures.

Excerpt: https://biblehub.com/commentaries/2_thessalonians/2-4.htm

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/17/2017 at 4:42 AM, Justin Adams said:

OH, and the topic. Deception is as deception does. You will not know it. It is INVISIBLE...

That's the kicker about deception. Those being deceived don't even know it, they believe the lie.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, Yowm said:

If we heed our Lord, He also told us to be on guard against false prophets and deception. The other extreme, which sadly much of the Church is following today due to the 'emergent church' influence, is to downplay prophecy and doctrinal error.

Mat 24:4-5
(4)  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5)  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:11
(11)  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 

Mat 24:24-25
(24)  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(25)  Behold, I have told you before. 

1Ti 4:1
(1)  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 

2Ti 3:13
(13)  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Pe 2:1-2
(1)  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
(2)  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 

2Pe 3:3-4
(3)  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4)  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 

Jud 1:3-4
(3)  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
(4)  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. 

So yes, there are devices of the enemy that we are not to be ignorant of.

Exactly Yown!

Just wanted to address a comment on we Christians spending too much time on comparing biblical prophesy with the daily news, etc. Well, that's true to a point, we do urgently need to be spreading the Gospel of Christ feverishly, no debate there. However, depending on who's research you subscribe to, 27 - 33% of the Bible is prophetic. In my opinion, if 1/3 of the Bible is prophetic in nature, it seems the Lord wants us to pay particular attention to the times we are living in. This isn't directed to you Yown, just reflecting my opinion on the above.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 11/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, appy said:

The bible doesn't say where the antichrist will come from or who that will be. It only gives a description of his attitude and actions. So to say he will arise from here or there, is purely speculation.

Actually it does say where he or she will come from. He is an Assyrian...

Isaiah 10:24 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.

Isaiah 14:25 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

And since the scripture mentions Gog of Magog, Meshech and tubal, (all places in TURKEY) it is most likely that this man will come from Turkey.

Many think this will be Russia, but that may be in error. Though the Russians are descended from ancient Scythian Turks, the similarities in the ancient place names (related to Moscow and Tobolsk) may be mere coincidence. Scripture also speaks of attacks on Israel coming from the "North"

Isaiah 14:31 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina, art dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone in his appointed times.

Jeremiah 1:14 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.

What is directly due north of Israel? TURKEY. Russia just barely qualifies. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Just wanted to address a comment on we Christians spending too much time on comparing biblical prophesy with the daily news, etc. Well, that's true to a point, we do urgently need to be spreading the Gospel of Christ feverishly, no debate there

You should keep up with the daily news, especially if you have access to alternate (usually more accurate) media channels like Infowars and Breitbart and a few others for there IS a lot going on that is, or at least may be, related to bible prophecy. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71