IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Why should anyone worry about this?    It won't change things,  and it doesn't add to nor take away from Jesus' Atonement for sins - Salvation is always by GRACE thru FAITH, and that not of ourselves - it is a GIFT of GOD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I trust and agree with the Bible scholars on this.

missmuffet

But what if they give a doctrine contrary to scripture?

What they have done is taken one verse and said this is how it will be, without factoring the context in which it's written and men just follow blindly. 

This is why we have to read for ourselves, and not judge ourselves unworthy to receive truth from the very Word itself. 

Christ said he will mediate for us, not men.  Seek and ye shall find.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Sister said:

missmuffet

But what if they give a doctrine contrary to scripture?

What they have done is taken one verse and said this is how it will be, without factoring the context in which it's written and men just follow blindly. 

This is why we have to read for ourselves, and not judge ourselves unworthy to receive truth from the very Word itself. 

Christ said he will mediate for us, not men.  Seek and ye shall find.

These people have studied scripture of years and years and their explanation on this topic is true to Scripture. Would I believe those on Worthy who give their opinion?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

These people have studied scripture of years and years and their explanation on this topic is true to Scripture. Would I believe those on Worthy who give their opinion?

missmuffet,

Scripture was not given of private interpretation.  I agree, us everyday people who seek the scriptures out for truth can make mistakes and misunderstand at times, but some scriptures are so straight forward that they need no interpretation.  That passage we are talking about is clearly about them keeping the sabbath holy and offering sacrifices, so it was talking to them under the law, back then, ...those people of old.  

The whole message of that scripture was that even the stranger, or the eunuch who loves the Lord, by following his commandments, will be joined as one to his remnants and brought into the millennial kingdom.  It's all about the heart, a heart for God.

The remnants of Israel to be brought into the kingdom are not just the survivors of the last generation, but from all generations.  They will be raised out of their graves and put into a flesh body, and will learn what they never knew, which is Christ.  Those strangers that dwelt with them, will join those selected who's sacrifices were not polluted but were clean (from the heart).  God is obviously choosing the remnants consisting of good soil, for the seed to sprout in due time.

I did not write the scriptures.  Just pointing some things out that are not ever talked about.  You can't take one line and make a doctrine out of it, or believe any doctrine when those scholars are proven wrong, through scripture itself...but have to read for yourself so that no man can deceive you.  I don't care if you don't believe anyone on Worthy's opinion, even mine,  but believe the scriptures, they speak for themself, and they speak truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Remember the religious leaders who opposed Jesus - they were the best scholars of the time in terms of study and devotion,  yet they rejected the truth.  Jesus said the Father was pleased to HIDE SALVATION from those who have studied Scripture for years and years who give an explanation on this topic [as if] true to Scripture,  and so they don't know and cannot know the truth.

No,  do not believe opinions on forum(s) - too many are wrong, entirely wrong.

But realize the same thing about those who you have believed (according to your own posts) in the past, in person.  They have been deceptive many times.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

No. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Confirming you, Brakelite. :thumbsup:

Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.

Psalm 50:13-15

Thank You God
Paul

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 25/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, missmuffet said:

It looks like there will be for those who have earthly bodies who came over from the tribulation and those who will be born during the 1000 year millennium.

Isaiah 56:6-8

Zechariah 14:16

Jeremiah 33:15-18

Yes it does say there will be a celebration each year:

Zechariah 14:16

Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

And there is a very large temple described that has never been built, where offerings will be slaughtered: 

Ezekiel 40:39

In the portico of the gateway were two tables on each side, on which the burnt offerings, sin offerings and guilt offerings were slaughtered.

There are also two alters described; a small wooden one that sits before the Lord in the temple, like the alter of incense did but it is made of wood without any metal overlay and would therefore suggest that nothing will be burnt on it and is only a memorial alter in remembrance of the burnt offerings of the past: 

Ezekiel 41:22

There was a wooden altar three cubits high and two cubits square; its corners, its base and its sides were of wood. The man said to me, "This is the table that is before the LORD."

The second alter is not described till later in chapter 43 and before it is, there is a description of how Jesus will be enthroned in this temple forever:  

Ezekiel 43:6-9

6While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple. 7He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name—neither they nor their kings—by their prostitution and the funeral offeringsb for their kings at their death.c 8When they placed their threshold next to my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them, they defiled my holy name by their detestable practices. So I destroyed them in my anger. 9Now let them put away from me their prostitution and the funeral offerings for their kings, and I will live among them forever.

Notice how it seem to describe the previous temple being next to something unholy. Is this describing the soon to be built third temple being between the dome of the rock and Al Aqsa Mosque on the temple mount? Maybe..

God continues to state that the temple must be built according to the measurements stated and also He then mentions it's regulations: 

Ezekiel 43:10-12

10“Son of man, describe the temple to the people of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their sins. Let them consider its perfection, 11and if they are ashamed of all they have done, make known to them the design of the temple—its arrangement, its exits and entrances—its whole design and all its regulationsd and laws. Write these down before them so that they may be faithful to its design and follow all its regulations. 12“This is the law of the temple: All the surrounding area on top of the mountain will be most holy. Such is the law of the temple.

The second larger alter is now described, which is in front of the temple outside, it is about the same size as the one Solomon's temple had and that was rebuilt on the same spot by Ezra after the return from the Babylonian captivity, (also again erected by Herod and remained in its place till the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70AD):

Ezekiel 43:13-17

13“These are the measurements of the altar in long cubits, that cubit being a cubit and a handbreadth: Its gutter is a cubit deep and a cubit wide, with a rim of one spanf around the edge. And this is the height of the altar: 14From the gutter on the ground up to the lower ledge that goes around the altar it is two cubits high, and the ledge is a cubit wide. From this lower ledge to the upper ledge that goes around the altar it is four cubits high, and that ledge is also a cubit wide. 15Above that, the altar hearth is four cubits high, and four horns project upward from the hearth.16The altar hearth is square, twelve cubits long and twelve cubits wide. 17The upper ledge also is square, fourteen cubitsj long and fourteen cubits wide. All around the altar is a gutter of one cubit with a rim of half a cubit. The steps of the altar face east.”18Then he said to me, “Son of man, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: These will be the regulations for sacrificing burnt offerings and splashing blood against the altar when it is built: 19You are to give a young bull as a sin offeringl to the Levitical priests of the family of Zadok, who come near to minister before me, declares the Sovereign Lord.

Now at this point Zadok is mentioned but because Zadok (and the Levitiacal priests) have long since died out this can not be restored in the temple that was described. This could suggest that from chapter 43:12 what is being described is the reestablishment of the altar that Ezra over saw? And that all the sacrificial regulations relate to the second temple? I may be wrong but in Revelation it talks about a completely different priestly order that reigns with Christ for the 1000 years; the 144,000:

Revelation 20:4-6

3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

These priests resurrect before the 1000 years begin and will have resurrected bodies like Christs during the Millennial reign, while the survivors of the tribulation who go up each year at Tabernacles will not. If you would like se to the temple where the 144,000 will reign on Earth from please watch this:

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

1. First prove that God would approve of this trampling upon the blood of His Son.

2. Then prove that if a temple is built at all it will survive the desolation of the final plagues.

3. After that prove that Israel has repented of her unbelief and accepted Christ as their Savior. Because Christ is the ONLY way of salvation even for Jews.

4. If said temple is built, prove it would be the temple of the Lord. The old temples were honored because of His presence. Do you seriously believe He would once again abide in a man-made building with unconverted priests offering  useless sacrifices to a God they murdered and rejected 2000 years previous?

5. Finally it is believed the Antichrist would desolate or dishonor this establishment. How can he make unholy something that was pronounced desolate by the Boss long ago? "Your house [noteb no longer my house or my Fathers house] , your house is leftunto you desolate. God's promises to Israel were conditional. Israel failed and the kingdom was given to another nation who would return the fruits. Read again the parable of the wicked husbandmen.

Edited by brakelite
  • Praying! 1

Guest shiloh357
On 11/29/2017 at 2:56 PM, angels4u said:

Whereas all Premillennialists believe in a future Millennium on earth, Dispensationalists are unique in that they believe that the temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem, according to the vision given in Ezekiel 40-48. Herein lies the problem.40

The vision in Ezekiel 40-48 includes animal sacrifices. Because Dispensationalists are committed to a literal, future fulfillment of Ezekiel 40-48, Dispensationalists believe that there will be a return to animal sacrifices during the Millennium.

All prophecy is fulfilled literally.  Of the some 300 or so  prophecies of Jesus 1st coming and ministry, death and resurrection, all of them were fulfilled literally as written.  Every OT prophecy about the rebirth of Israel that has been fulfilled up to this point, has been fulfilled literally.   One rule about the fulfillment of prophecy is that it is always fulfilled literally.

Ezekiel 40-48 cannot be intepreted in any fashion but literally.   As evidence of that, note that first three chapters are nothing but measurements of the temple and its precinct.  Scholars, both Christian and Jewish have discovered that those measurements are architecturally sound.  Models of the temple precinct given in Ezekiel have been built to show what that temple will look like.

Some Dispensationalists have tried to skirt the issue by arguing that the animal sacrifices are of a memorial nature. Thus, the animal sacrifices are simply pointing back to the death of Christ, in a similar way that the Lord's Supper points back to Christ.

However, the text of Ezekiel 40-48 belies this claim. These are not mere memorial animal sacrifices. Fourteen times, the text calls for a "sin offering" (Ezekiel 40:39; 42:13; 43:19, 21, 22, 25; 44:27, 29; 45:17, 19, 22, 23, 25; 46:20). Leviticus describes the sin offering as "making atonement" (Leviticus 4:20, 26, 31, 35, etc.). These are animal sacrifices to atone for sin.

First of all the sacrifices under the Mosaic law were also "memorial" in nature.  That's all they could be since they didn't really do anything  but provide a temporary covering and pointed to the future coming of Jesus.   In Hebrew, the idea of memorial is that it looks backward and forward at the same time.   The sacrifices pointed back at one's sin, but pointed forward to Jesus.

Secondly, Christians tend to have a shallow understanding  of how the Bible uses terms like "sin offering" and "atonement.   We often only think of those in terms of expiatory offerings for sins we have committed.   But in Ezekiel AND in Exodus, we see phrases like "sin offering" and "atonement"   used in the sense of consecration.   How, for example, do you make atonement for the altar??  The altar of burn offering is inanimate and does not commit sin. So why would an offering need to be made for it?

The role of sin offerings was also an act of atonement or consecration for the objects in the Tabernacle/Temple.  Context is everything and just shooting off verses about atonement without regard for how they are used, is simply not good exegesis.

The sin offering mentioned in OT, namely the Yom Kippur sin offering, is not mentioned in Ezekiel.

Thus, according to Dispensationalists, during the future Millennium, there will be a temple in Jerusalem with Levitical priests offering animal sacrifices to atone for sin.

Not according to us, but according to the Bible.

Most Christians find such a belief unsustainable in light of the book of Hebrews. God repeatedly stresses that the Old Covenant is finished. It is obsolete (Hebrews 8:13). The sacrificial system was "imposed until the time of reformation" (Hebrews 9:10). Christ's sacrifice was the once-for-all-time sacrifice (Hebrews 9:26).

The sacrificial system in Ezekiel is not Mosaic at all.  The only piece of temple furniture in this temple will be the altar for burnt offering.  There no expiatory sin offerings, no menorah, no table of shew-bread, no laver, no veil, no altar of incense, no ark of the covenant, no holy of holies.  

Yet, Dispensationalists persist in their belief of a future Millennium with animal sacrifices. There are some other rather novel attempts to explain future animal sacrifices, but none has gained a wide following, and most find them woefully inadequate.

Rather than engage these point-by-point and getting lost in the details, I believe it is more helpful to look at the big picture. "Future animal sacrifices" is one of those Copernican Revolution issues about which I wrote in the early days of this blog.

Do future animal sacrifices make any sense, given the book of Hebrews and the rest of Scripture? Is this not an obvious fatal flaw in Dispensationalism? Should this not cause one to question the entire system?

The book of Hebrews doesn't address the sacrificial system.  It addressed the Yom Kippur sin offering, primarily.  And that sin offering is not mentioned in Ezekiel.  The sacrifices in Ezekiel are for consecration and are memorial in nature.

I am not saying that Ezekiel 40-48 is an easy text to interpret, yet future animal sacrifices ought to be the last interpretive option. The book of Hebrews alone ought to cause us to take a fresh look at Ezekiel 40-48 and see if God meant something other than future animal sacrifices.

This is not a matter of changing the original meaning of Ezekiel 40-48. I am not going get into the details of the exegesis (perhaps in a future post), but Ezekiel 40-48 can be understood without violating authorial intent and without resorting to future animal sacrifices.

http://www.jewishroots.net/library/end-times/animal-sacrifices.html

There is only one competent interpretation of Ezekiel  40-48 that follows authorial intent,  and that is a literal interpretation.  Ezekiel didn't give us the authority look it any other way.