• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,392
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Amen!!! The world is on a fast track to hell.

may seem that way but remember that there are an awful lot of good people in this country that are making issues of all this corruption....   should get Gods attention, don't you think.   Maybe He's in the process of giving us a hand.  Something big seems to be coming about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, other one said:

may seem that way but remember that there are an awful lot of good people in this country that are making issues of all this corruption....   should get Gods attention, don't you think.   Maybe He's in the process of giving us a hand.  Something big seems to be coming about.

Yep.  It's like a tsunami of immoral acts are rolling across the country in full view of everyone.  These men have hidden this stuff for so long.

I've never been a touchy feely kind of guy and I guess that's a good thing these days....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Everyone I know of is opposed to sexual abuse.  If there was proof this actually happened, he should be exposed, but there is no evidence.  I still believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty, but for some reason, in the case of charges like this, you have some people who will automatically think the person making the charges is truthful.  They don't consider the possibility the person being charged is innocent.  

We have had many men exposed and their guilt has been proven.  Many have even admitted guilt.  Some good has come out of this situation, but I am not going to automatically believe that charges of abuse going back to the 70s, that were never brought up in the past, must have happened because who would make up such a thing?  People will make up false accusations.  

Yes, everyone should be opposed to sexual abuse. It is tragic. I do see your point in needing hard evidence in these cases of abuse. If it is a sexual abuse and it is reported immediately there is DNA evidence that can be proven in court. If the man does not come out and admit of the abuse it is his word against the woman's word.Especially after so many years. But in the end God knows and you do know that they will not get away with it. God is going to judge these men and God is a very fair judge and he knows exactly what happened.

50 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The problem is that in the majority of cases such as the Roy Moore case, lots of time has passed and it is nothing more than he-said, she-said.  In these cases I think it is wise, given the heinous nature of sexual abuse, to default to believing the victims first, until a thorough investigation is done. But unfortunately, even here, the victims get the short end of the rope, especially if a Republican is involved.  I see people here keep writing out posts out as if one single person is accusing Moore of impropriety when they know very well that this one person is not his only accuser.  If he only had one accuser, I would have trouble believing her.  But Moore has a body count his defenders keep pushing to the back of the closet.  "Don't look at those other people.  Forget about them.  Look at this other person over here who we keep implying is mentally imbalanced."  These same people decry homosexuality, as well they should, but slide the value scale over to the other side when a Republican is accused of sexual abuse.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.  It's wrong if a Democrat does it but if it's a Republican, it probably didn't happen.

There is only one accuser that was a minor, and she is known to be unstable.  There is a woman that made claims about him supposedly driving her to the back of a restaurant she worked at and trying to force himself on her, but she got out of the car.  There are many reasons to be suspicious of that story as well.  There is certainly no proof this ever happened.  Other than that, all we have is the knowledge that Roy Moore dated women much younger than him.  Dating women that are younger is not a crime, so in reality, there are only two accusers.

Based on everything I have heard, my conclusions are that there are people that knew Roy Moore dated young girls back in the 70s.  Nobody has denied that.  He even said he would date girls who were still living at home so long as the parents were ok with it.  Again, that is not a crime.  He was clearly seeking a wife, and we have his Pastor coming out and stating the reason why he was dating women younger than him.  When he finished his military service, most of the women his age were either married or divorced, so he was dating women much younger than that.  That makes sense to me.  With this knowledge, someone came up with a scheme to accuse Moore of sexual misconduct with girls who were minors in order to help a Democrat take that Senate seat.  That is just my opinion, but it is just as likely to be true as Moore being guilty of sexual misconduct.  This is he said, she said stuff, and there is no evidence.  This is America.  In this country, we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, regardless of what kind of accusations we are dealing with.  We should default to believing the accused first until guilt is proven.  

we seem to have switched a Matt Lauer thread into a Roy Moor thread and it can be confusing to keep up with when people don't make sure they post which they are talking about.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The problem is that in the majority of cases such as the Roy Moore case, lots of time has passed and it is nothing more than he-said, she-said.  In these cases I think it is wise, given the heinous nature of sexual abuse, to default to believing the victims first, until a thorough investigation is done. But unfortunately, even here, the victims get the short end of the rope, especially if a Republican is involved.  I see people here keep writing out posts out as if one single person is accusing Moore of impropriety when they know very well that this one person is not his only accuser.  If he only had one accuser, I would have trouble believing her.  But Moore has a body count his defenders keep pushing to the back of the closet.  "Don't look at those other people.  Forget about them.  Look at this other person over here who we keep implying is mentally imbalanced."  These same people decry homosexuality, as well they should, but slide the value scale over to the other side when a Republican is accused of sexual abuse.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.  It's wrong if a Democrat does it but if it's a Republican, it probably didn't happen.

Between the two of them they know who is right and who is wrong in their heart. Of course it is best for honesty to come out but in our world today do you think that is going to happen? But as God has said: Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a] says the Lord.

They will be judged in the end. Give it to God. He will judge. It is not worth getting angry over.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Butero said:

There is only one accuser that was a minor, and she is known to be unstable.  There is a woman that made claims about him supposedly driving her to the back of a restaurant she worked at and trying to force himself on her, but she got out of the car.  There are many reasons to be suspicious of that story as well.

Not the least of which is that there was no back of the restaurant for him to drive her to.  And she is also the one with the faulty yearbook evidence that she will not hand over to an independent hand writing annalist for examination.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

1. No one is ignoring the other accusers.  

2. This has nothing to do with Moore being a Republican.

3.  Moore's accusers here on this board keep referencing the 14 year old girl as if the story is true and they ignore the problems with her testimony.  They ignore the inconsistency of the testimony of the 5th accuser.

4. When you have an avalanche of accusers who have no evidence and some who are less than credible and since the accusations are about something that allegedly happened 40 years ago, and the only reason we are now hearing about this is because he is facing a Democrat and the Dems are wanting win this seat at any cost.

5.  The other data that we have raised, that you have ignored also question the timing in that he has run for governor twice, has been a DA and an ADA, he has been a circuit county judge, and has been the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of AL and it needs to be questioned as to why NONE of this EVER came up during any of the campaigns or elections to those offices and why, it was when he was involved in the kerfuffle over the 10 commandments monument, why this information never surfaced.   It seems that his attempt to take a conservative Christian stand would have incited these accusations if they really happened.

6.  This is really nothing but a political stunt by the Dems.  It is the same thing they tried against Trump and it didn't work.   If they are serious, if they are really victims, then let them prove it by suing Moore and let the evidence come out in a court of law.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/1/2017 at 12:46 PM, shiloh357 said:

1. No one is ignoring the other accusers.  

2. This has nothing to do with Moore being a Republican.

3.  Moore's accusers here on this board keep referencing the 14 year old girl as if the story is true and they ignore the problems with her testimony.  They ignore the inconsistency of the testimony of the 5th accuser.

4. When you have an avalanche of accusers who have no evidence and some who are less than credible and since the accusations are about something that allegedly happened 40 years ago, and the only reason we are now hearing about this is because he is facing a Democrat and the Dems are wanting win this seat at any cost.

5.  The other data that we have raised, that you have ignored also question the timing in that he has run for governor twice, has been a DA and an ADA, he has been a circuit county judge, and has been the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of AL and it needs to be questioned as to why NONE of this EVER came up during any of the campaigns or elections to those offices and why, it was when he was involved in the kerfuffle over the 10 commandments monument, why this information never surfaced.   It seems that his attempt to take a conservative Christian stand would have incited these accusations if they really happened.

6.  This is really nothing but a political stunt by the Dems.  It is the same thing they tried against Trump and it didn't work.   If they are serious, if they are really victims, then let them prove it by suing Moore and let the evidence come out in a court of law.

I personally suspect that this Moore thing is partly a political attack but I al;so believe there is some validity there.  I agree, let them take him to court and lay out their evidence.  All Americans are guaranteed a trial by jury, not the press, and that includes Roy Moore.  I also believe a defendant should be able to request the accuser/accusers to undergo a polygraph, no matter the accusation, and that would quickly separate the wheat from the chaff.  People would be WAY less likely to falsely accuse if this was practiced.  Even though they could refuse, under our law, why would someone do that if they were being truthful?  It would also be helpful for prosecutors who could avoid pursuing false charges and thus save taxpayers' money.  Note: the results of polygraphs are not admissible in court in the U.S.

• Haha 1