• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

19 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

We're all familiar with the story of the beggar and rich man. How they were able to communicate between a great divide in Hades, between Abraham's bosom and torment. A two way street if you will. Of course this could have been a one time event, much like God allowing Saul to conjure up Samuel via the witch of Endor.

When a sinner repents, the angel's shout with joy (Luke 15: 10). Therefor they must be watching?

My question is; would you think the Lord may allow our saved loved ones whom are presently in Heaven, to view us and / or watch us here on earth? Possibly for the hope of their loved ones to come to know and accept Jesus as their personal savior? There's no doubt our whole lives are being recorded to bear witness at our judgment, possibly by angels. I don't find anything scriptural that even suggests those souls in heaven are concerned about what goes on on earth, or can witness anything.  

To my understanding, the Lord does not wipe away our tears until after the millennium (Rev 21: 4). 

Any thoughts?

Then shall two be in the field;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:40

Hi Dennis. If we take the forum to be the "field", for our example,
we can observe that there are those that are peaceful, offering up sound doctrines,
and there are those that are disturbed, confused, and offering up strange doctrines,
and sometimes even cutting remarks to their brethren.

And so we see them talking across the great divide between them.
One patiently offering sound reproof, the other excusing or else accusing.
The accusers can hardly receive the water of the word which the reprovers offer.

I pray you are in Abraham's bosom :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets,
neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16:33 

Edited by HarvestLabourer
small adjustment

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Then shall two be in the field;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:40

Hi Dennis. If we take the forum to be the "field", for our example,
we can observe that there are those that are peaceful, offering up sound doctrines,
and there are those that are disturbed, confused, and offering up strange doctrines,
and sometimes even cutting remarks to their brethren.

And so we see them talking across the great divide between them.
One patiently offering sound reproof, the other excusing or else accusing.
The accusers can hardly receive the water of the word which the reprovers offer.

I pray you are in Abraham's bosom :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets,
neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16:33 

please tell us about false doctrines and offering strange doctrines?

What is the right doctrine?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,492
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/1/2017 at 8:10 PM, missmuffet said:

Question: "Can people in heaven look down and see us?"

Answer:
Some see in Hebrews 12:1 the idea that people in heaven might be able to look down and see us: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses. . . .” The “witnesses” are the heroes of faith listed in Hebrews 11, and the fact that we are “surrounded” by them leads some commentators to understand those heroes (and possibly other people) are looking down on us from heaven.

The idea that people are looking down from heaven to see what we’re doing is common in popular culture. But, as much as we might like the notion that we’re being watched by our departed loved ones, that’s not what Hebrews 12:1 is teaching. Building on Hebrews 11, the author begins drawing up some practical lessons (that’s why chapter 12 begins with “Therefore”). The “witnesses” are the people whom God commends for their faith in chapter 11, and there is a large crowd of them in heaven. The question is, in what way are they “witnesses”?

The proper interpretation of Hebrews 12:1 is that the men and women forming the “great cloud of witnesses” are witness to the value of living life by faith. Their Old Testament stories give testimony to the blessings of choosing faith over fear. To paraphrase the start of Hebrews 12:1, “Since we have so many tried-and-true examples of proven faith . . . .” So, it’s not that people are in heaven watching us (as if our lives on earth are so interesting or they have nothing better to do!), but that those who have gone before us have set a lasting example for us. The record of their lives bears witness to faith and God and truth.

Hebrews 12:1 continues, “Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” Because of the faith and endurance of believers who went before us, we are inspired to stay the course in our own race of faith. We follow the examples of Abraham and Moses and Rahab and Gideon and etc.

Some people point to the rich man’s mention of his brothers in Luke 16:28 as proof that departed souls (in Hades, at least) can see events on earth. However, the passage never says that the rich man could see his brothers; he knew he had brothers, and he knew they were unbelievers. Also, some people use Revelation 6:10 as a proof text: the tribulation martyrs call for God to avenge their deaths. Again, this passage says nothing about the martyrs seeing people on earth; it simply says that they knew they deserved justice and desired the Lord to take action.

The Bible doesn’t specifically say that people in heaven cannot look down on us, so we can’t be dogmatic. However, it is unlikely that they can. People in heaven are likely preoccupied with other things such as worshipping God and enjoying the glories of heaven.

Whether or not people in heaven can look down and see us, we are not running our race for them. We are not hoping for their approval or listening for their applause. Hebrews 12:2 keeps our focus where it belongs: “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” Jesus is our blessed hope, no other (Titus 2:13).

https://www.gotquestions.org/heaven-look-down.html

Well, from this explanation, and a good one, I see I wasn't the first one to ponder this question.

My grandparents were devout Christians who always made sure I had the opportunity to attend Sunday School and church as a child and growing up. In my rebellious years and until their deaths, I know they prayed for me to the Lord that I would repent and come back into the Christian fold. It took decades, but by the grace of a loving, caring and merciful Lord, I believe their prayers were answered. Maybe that explains why I asked the question.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2017 at 8:48 PM, Yowm said:

My thoughts are that they wouldn't defile their consciences gazing down below.

Hi Yown,

That makes sense. However, at Jesus' second coming with His Saints at the end of the tribulation, what will they be seeing?

22 hours ago, Neighbor said:

"When a sinner repents, the angel's shout with joy (Luke 15: 10). Therefor they must be watching?"

Maybe but not necessarily so. Angels may be sent to provide assistance to the Holy Spirit. They even speak through animals on rare occasion I suppose.  There are guardian angels, and angels appearing as humans too. So why cannot there be communication as well as travel by angels to and from heaven rather than all seeing angels? Ex; None of us see all things, but we rejoice in many things happening that we learn about. Satan even travels about the earth and has appeared among the angels at Heaven. Job 1:6 

No disagreement here. Basically my point is that our entire lives are being recorded, even our thoughts. Whether it be by angles, the Holy Spirit or our Father, there are books that are going to be opened; such as the Book of Life, the Book of Remembrance, etc.

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,636
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, from this explanation, and a good one, I see I wasn't the first one to ponder this question.

My grandparents were devout Christians who always made sure I had the opportunity to attend Sunday School and church as a child and growing up. In my rebellious years and until their deaths, I know they prayed for me to the Lord that I would repent and come back into the Christian fold. It took decades, but by the grace of a loving, caring and merciful Lord, I believe their prayers were answered. Maybe that explains why I asked the question.

Hi,

I boldly state that their prayers were answered! The prayers were answered before the answer was even seen by any person.

(Yes, I have a similar background, experience and testimony )

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 12/1/2017 at 6:51 PM, Dennis1209 said:

We're all familiar with the story of the beggar and rich man. How they were able to communicate between a great divide in Hades, between Abraham's bosom and torment. A two way street if you will. Of course this could have been a one time event, much like God allowing Saul to conjure up Samuel via the witch of Endor.

When a sinner repents, the angel's shout with joy (Luke 15: 10). Therefor they must be watching?

My question is; would you think the Lord may allow our saved loved ones whom are presently in Heaven, to view us and / or watch us here on earth? Possibly for the hope of their loved ones to come to know and accept Jesus as their personal savior? There's no doubt our whole lives are being recorded to bear witness at our judgment, possibly by angels. I don't find anything scriptural that even suggests those souls in heaven are concerned about what goes on on earth, or can witness anything.  

To my understanding, the Lord does not wipe away our tears until after the millennium (Rev 21: 4). 

Any thoughts?

I think a question- how could they pull or turn or focus on anything from the glory of The Lord?