• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

FYI, I am a qualified Bible teacher I earned from three different Bible Seminaries.  With 80 years of Bible study together with the better part of 20 years of participation on Christian discussion forums, together with my own.  And where, may I ask, did you earn your qualifications to teach the Bible?

Quasar93

Not impressive. Listen to Paul writing to the Corinthians.

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men.

The wisdom of man is foolish, vain and a failure. You glory in that. Fine. Don't expect us to do the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 12/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, Quasar93 said:

If it wasn't the Holy Spirit who founded the Church at Pentecost, then who was it?  Without the Holy Spirit, there is no Church.  It was the Holy Spirit within Jesus that was given at Pentecost, as it is Jesus who baptizes all believers the instant they believe/receive Him as Lord and Savior, as recorded in Mt:3:11, and in all three of the other Gospels, and in 1 Cor.12:12-13.

Quasar93

Sir, I realize you are well founded in the party line of permissible scripture. But have you been really EDUCATED into the ways of Yahweh? His council? The fallen ones? The stuff that the apostles talk about all the time. If you have been forbidden to read some great texts, and have thus ham-strung yourself, how can you possibly appreciate the UNSEEN REAL and what is truly going on in the heavenlies as well as here on the earth? If you would LET YOURSELF read the same material that the apostles read and the Temple II Israeli doctrines and Torah, then perhaps you would understand WHY Yahweh sent Yeshua (Himself) and what the real story of The Redemption is all about. It is referenced in the letters and the Revelations. All our 'NT' is riddled with re-quotes from Enoch and Jasher and other books.

Yeshua called Himself the Son of Man. This is Enoch's description of our Saviour.  The Roman church did not want us to read any of that and so this deliberate prohibition got passed down to most churches. Churches that pretend they do not adhere to Rome's ideology. You have been brainwashed by your learning environment.

Edited by Justin Adams
sp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Davida said:

Yes the Word of God is triumphant regardless of your false beliefs -as Quasar93  posts shows- but unfortunately you refuse the truth because your own personal beliefs overshadow any truth of God spoken to you. The Bible scripture below identifies Quasar as the man of God.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

A proposal:

When you see a deadly head wound healed in an individual, and that individual receives the worship of the world, and he is part of a three person group, and he confirms an agreement, and the Jewish Temple rises; contact me. I'll be here. And you and I, and anyone else, can rightly divide the word of truth together, preparing our hearts for the onslaught.

Sincerely,

Daniel.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/2/2017 at 11:27 AM, Unfailing Presence said:

A rapture of the world's Christian population remaining  after the worst tribulation the world has ever seen would be a number on par to be seated  comfortably in a mini-van with perhaps still room for one more  .

The taking of the mark of the beast and the wholesale slaughter of those not taking the mark seeing to the demise of the other 99% of the world's Christians .

Much more  a half baked , last ditch , get out of dodge desperate rescue than   I understand as being described by the Jesus I know . 

And completely uncharacteristic of the protector and guide in every time of need demonstrated throughout scripture to all who love Him and make  Him  first in their lives.

" My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth ...He that keepeth thee will not slumber . "    ( Psalm 121 : 3,3 )

We're not told how many, but there will be a remnant left, certainly enough to repopulate the earth during the millennium. Just look at the Egyptian captivity of the Hebrew's for one example. Whether you believe 70 or 72 entered Egypt by Joseph's invitation, after 400 years, 2-3 million left including women and children. I would suspect at the close of the millennium, and given the fact that many humans will live lifespans close to 1,000 years as in the days of Genesis, the population will explode into the billions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

New International Version
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it

I will Build: οἰκοδομήσω

It means also to edify

I erect a building, build; fig. of the building up of character: I build up, edify, encourage.

Edify means to improve something already existing

Hell or hades is referring to death

hádēs (from 1 /A "not" andidein/eidō, "see") – properly, the "unseen place," referring to the (invisible) realm in which all the dead reside, i.e. the present dwelling place of all the departed (deceased); Hades

The translation reads as follows:

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will edify [\b] my church, and the gates of Hades death will not overcome it.

Here is what christ is teaching

The very rock which christ pointed at was the place of his crucifixion. The crucifixion edified an existing church which overcomes death (resurrection)

Jesus is the Head of and Founder of His Church, He brought the Holy Spirit to, at Pentecost, marking the foundation of God's Christian Church of Jesus Christ, as recorded in Col.1:18 and Acts 2:1-3.

What does it mean that Jesus is the cornerstone?

In biblical times, a cornerstone was used as the foundation and standard upon which a building was constructed. Once in place, the rest of the building would conform to the angles and size of the cornerstone. In addition, if removed, the entire structure could collapse.

In the Bible, messianic prophecies spoke of the Messiah as the Cornerstone. Isaiah 28:16 says, "Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation." Psalm 118:22 speaks of the Messiah, stating, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone." Matthew, Mark, and Luke record Jesus referring to this passage as finding its fulfillment in Him (Matthew 21:42; Mark 12:10; Luke 20:17). Each Gospel indicates this teaching of Jesus occurred between Monday and Wednesday of the Passover week, while Jesus was in Jerusalem during the time between His triumphal entry (called Palm Sunday) and His crucifixion. Matthew's account reveals that this specific teaching likely took place on the Monday before Christ's crucifixion (Matthew 21:17-18). Peter later used this passage to condemn the Jewish religious leaders, stating, "This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone" (Acts 4:11).

The apostle Peter also spoke of Jesus as Cornerstone on two other occasions. In 1 Peter 2:6, he notes, "For it stands in Scripture: 'Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.'" The following verse, 1 Peter 2:7, adds, "So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, 'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.'"

In one additional place, the apostle Paul references the idea of Jesus as Cornerstone, teaching, "You are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:19-20). This was likely both a reference to the Old Testament prediction by Psalm 118:22 as well as an illustration of Jesus as the Cornerstone upon which the "household of God" was being built.

For those living in societies where people often built their own homes, using construction terminology to explain the priority of Jesus the Messiah as the Cornerstone of the household of God provided a clear connecting point that would have been well understood by the original audience. Today, we read these words and clearly see the Bible's indication that Jesus serves as the foundation of the Church as well as for each Christian's individual life.

Source: https://www.compellingtruth.org/Jesus-Christ-cornerstone.html

See also: Psalms 118:22.

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

10 hours ago, inchrist said:

All it shows is the Holy spirit fills the church.

I must then respectfully ask what body existed prior to pentecost that Christ sang Gods name in?

What body then had a 120 members?

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledgeas our apostle and high priest. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”[a]bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

moses was faithful as servant in the church, Christ is faithful as head over the church.

Reference to your above Passage of Scripture, in Heb.3:1-6, attempting to make the Church of Jesus Christ a part of OT teaching, is an exegetical error.  As I have previously posted, thye Christian did not exist in the OT.   The "house" referred to in that passage is properly interpreted as "congregation," and has nothing whatever to do with the Christian Church of Jesus Christ, that He Himself founded by the Holy Spirit.  Fulfilling the New Covenant prophecy in Jer.31:31-34, that founded the Christian Church at Pentecost, recorded in Acts 2:1-3.

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

10 hours ago, inchrist said:

All it shows is the Holy spirit fills the church.

I must then respectfully ask what body existed prior to pentecost that Christ sang Gods name in?

What body then had a 120 members?

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledgeas our apostle and high priest. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”[a]bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

moses was faithful as servant in the church, Christ is faithful as head over the church.

You asked, "What body existed then," in response to my statement that the Church did not exist until the arrival of the Holy Spirit.  In the presence of Jesus, with the Holy Spirit dwelling within Him, the presence of the Holy Spirit was not needed.  However, as Jesus said in Jn.16:7, He had to leave, or the "Comforter [His Holy Spirit] could not come.  Which He did, ten days after Jesus ascended into heaven, recorded in Acts 1:9 and in 2:1-3, markijg the foudation of the Christian Church.

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

23 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

You are still confused .  With the chronology this time as well .

You are right it does not say " prior to "

It says simultaneously  .

And this is not the " come out " ,  this is the beginning.

God says this "strong delusion " He sends concurrently  as  " the man of sin is revealed "  .

At the start , the beginning , first order of business , top of the list ,,,,,  . 

" And then shall that wicked be revealed  ............even him whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and 

signs and lying wonders ......And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion , that they should believe a lie ."

(  2 Thessalonians  2 : 8-12 )

Hate to say it...we are witnessing strong delusion right now; as well as the inability to bear sound doctrine, in much of the congregation.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

The Word of God is Triumphant. Again. :shofar:

Indeed it does!  Over those who attempt to make it say what fits their belief system, that they do not say.

Quasar93

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

Not impressive. Listen to Paul writing to the Corinthians.

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men.

The wisdom of man is foolish, vain and a failure. You glory in that. Fine. Don't expect us to do the same.

Posting my qualifications to teach the Bible was to inform you the contents of what I post are in exegetical and in proper hermeneutics that harmonize with the intended interpretation of the prophetic Scriptures.  Which do not come from opinionated assumptions propagated by those who think themselves qualified to teach the Bible. You have not responded to my question as to where you obtained your qualifications to teach the Bible,as yet.  Response to you here, is because of your interest in denigrating me, rather than on the subject of the thread.

Quasar93