IGNORED

Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, orders US embassy move

Guest shiloh357

8 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Actually, in order to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, all Trump had to do was nothing, which isn't hard work at all.

"American presidents must sign a national security waiver every six months to keep the embassy in Tel Aviv. In June, Mr. Trump deferred a decision to move it to Jerusalem, under pressure from Arab leaders, who warned that it would ignite protests, and from advisers, including his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who worried that it could strangle the administration’s attempt to foster peace in the generations-long dispute.

"With another deadline looming next Monday, Mr. Trump is expected to sign an order keeping the embassy in Tel Aviv. But he will couple that with a statement that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital...."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/us/politics/trump-embassy-israel-jerusalem.html

He had to make a decision that others weren't willing to make.  I don't mean it required a lot of physical labor.  I mean he is actually fulfilling campaign promises.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

4 hours ago, Butero said:

He had to make a decision that others weren't willing to make.  I don't mean it required a lot of physical labor.  I mean he is actually fulfilling campaign promises.  

I don't deny that, but there was a smarter way of doing this without drawing all that attention to Trump that is now backfiring upon Israel.

All Trump had to do was nothing, i.e., not sign the waiver that prevented the embassy from moving to Jerusalem, the same waiver he did sign in June. Once that waiver lapsed, the process of moving the embassy -- and thereby acknowledging Jerusalem as the de facto capital of Israel -- would begin without all the fanfare that has now incited the so-called Palestinians to riot in the West Bank.

IMO, this would have been a smarter, more low profile way of fulfilling a campaign promise without putting the onus on the Israelis, but that's just not Trump's style.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

do you really think they would not be rioting had he just let it take place in the background......      do you not realize that the MSM would have picked up on it and made a big deal out of it just to cause the President problems....    Do you really think Palestinians are that dumb.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I don't deny that, but there was a smarter way of doing this without drawing all that attention to Trump that is now backfiring upon Israel.

It is not backfiring on Israel and Israel is praising it.   The Palestinians are not doing anything they were not already doing when the waiver was being signed.  Israel can render them as nothing but a spot on the ground and now that Israel sees that the US has their back, they can take stronger hand respond to Palestinians with crushing force until the Palestinians despair of further conflict.

All Trump had to do was nothing, i.e., not sign the waiver that prevented the embassy from moving to Jerusalem, the same waiver he did sign in June. Once that waiver lapsed, the process of moving the embassy -- and thereby acknowledging Jerusalem as the de facto capital of Israel -- would begin without all the fanfare that has now incited the so-called Palestinians to riot in the West Bank.

You are living in a dream world if you think he could not signed the waiver and no one would have found out.  Besides, you would criticize for signing it, or for not signing it or whatever.   Nothing he could have done would have been the right thing to do.  

So, your criticism really has no credibility and carries no weight since it is motivated by hate and not from a intellectual thoughtfulness or rational line of reason.

IMO, this would have been a smarter, more low profile way of fulfilling a campaign promise without putting the onus on the Israelis, but that's just not Trump's style.

Oh please, if he done it that way, you would have been on here condemning him and claiming that he should have done it differently from that.   So stop with the pretense. 

44 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

There would have been rioting just the same, and I think this was important enough to deserve fanfare.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Let's first Praise God. Then give thanks for His using a President of the USA.

That it is President Donald Trump, a man of so many obvious faults, a doer of so many disappointments and  heart breaks  for so many people, a very crass man, that God  has chosen to use,  and not some greater statesman of international approval and renown seems to be the way God works. All so that  it can be seen that it is all of God and none of us, that God is sovereign over all matters, all.

Praise God for His mercy and grace by which He makes His will unfold upon us, that we may have glimpses of His power and be in awe and fear of Him. Amen, hallelujah. 

Father please protect this man you use at this time to make so many aware ( and more aware )  of You. May many come to hear, to see, and  then to turn about from their own sin as result of what is unfolding before all our eyes. May many come to repentance from sin against You and be saved by Your Son's sacrifice made that many may be saved into eternal life with you. Maranatha!

May many pray for this man you have chosen to use at this time to show us all that you do continue to use the foolish and what seems foolish to confound the wise.    I too give my thanks in the name of my Lord and savior Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It is not backfiring on Israel and Israel is praising it...

You are living in a dream world if you think he could not signed the waiver and no one would have found out.  Besides, you would criticize for signing it, or for not signing it or whatever.   Nothing he could have done would have been the right thing to do.   

Eventually everyone would have found out.

And not everyone in Israel is looking forward to more of the so-called Palestinian "days of rage." It's easy to say that if you're not there.

7 hours ago, Butero said:

There would have been rioting just the same, and I think this was important enough to deserve fanfare.  

Of course it was important, but who was all the fanfare for? 

"... do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Eventually everyone would have found out.

And not everyone in Israel is looking forward to more of the so-called Palestinian "days of rage." It's easy to say if you're not there.

I have friends who live in Israel and they say that these "days of rage"  are not how the media portrays them.  They are in isolated areas, most of the time, are usually contained and don't get a lot of support.

The way the liberal, anti-Jew media tries to make it look, is that all of Israel is basically on fire or something and that is not the case.  In many cases there are numerous tours taking place and none of the violence takes place in the locations where the tourists are located. 

It really isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be.   Israel is safer than Chicago, Washington DC, and Detroit.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, OldSchool2 said:

Of course it was important, but who was all the fanfare for? 

"... do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

1 John 2

9 He who says he is in the light and hates his brother is in darkness until now.
10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no offense in him.
11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 4

20 If anyone says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar. For if he does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And we have this commandment from Him, that he who loves God should love his brother also.

• This is Worthy 1