• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,506
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

God often works in patterns especially with Israel. There may be something to the 50 year Jubilee thingy but what??

I really don't know, but clearly, pertaining to Israel there seems to be a clear pattern when looking back in the history of the 50th Jubilee year? 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, lastofall said:

[for me anyway] it is not for us to know the times or seasons, neither the day nor the hour: our duty is to watch and be ready: whatsoever is more than this is mere speculation.

Matt 24 gives a pretty clear delineation of what is going to happen. So as Yeshua said, when the figs fall off the trees, or this and that happens, just be ready with plenty of oil and your lamp wick trimmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Well,  don't know. It is easy to read the association of things past, but to then predict things to come by  pattern? Don't know could be.

I do appreciate having a very limited understanding of the awesome power that is God, and enjoy the acrostics like Ps 119 and the rythms and flow of history, but I don't see forward very well. Not in my personal life so I doubt I'd put much value on my speculations as to what when and how God wills His plan of redemption to unfold. None the less I try to be ready and hope to finish my own race well.

Seventy is the number of:

1 people  that repopulated earth after the flood

2 people that came in to Egypt at Joseph's request

3  total of years that Israel lived in exile

4 of elders assigned to assist Moses

5 of disciples Jesus chose to go out in His name.

6 the number of years of punishment of Israel foR not keeping the Sabbath years - these seventies were to bring an end to the transgressions of Israel ( seventy weeks or seventy times seven (490).Eight things are included in this  connected with the seventy weeks 8 is the number associated with new birth.

And on that one goes. According to the count by the work of Dr. Ed F. Vallowe 70 is mentioned 61 times in the Bible. Now the astute student might ask; Why 61 times? What is the signifcance of 61? Is that the correct total? Should it be 66, and five have not yet been noticed? Or, Perhaps they are in that third book  or letter to the Corinthians that Paul wrote and has referenced for us, but whose text is not known to us,  and thus not included in our Bible.

One can use the numbers that are so very obvious if one wants, but I still look through a glass darkly and ought not be too proud of my very limited awareness and understanding. Instead  I need to be very humbled by the awareness of the awesome power that is God; to have his prophets and apostles write so fine a compulation over the many hundreds of centuries. All for our enlightenment as we serve Him for His Glory and for no other reason.

ps- Vallowe opens up with  

SEVENTY

Universality--Israel and her restoration

Hi neighbor!

Very well thought out and honest answer that I agree with. My personal thoughts are every jot, tittle, comma, semicolon, feast and number has meaning in the Bible, and application for us today. There is a comma in Luke 4: 16-21 that has lasted for about 2,000 years so far. I believe most numbers found in the Bible are symbolic, representative with additional knowledge and wisdom to be gained. 

True, we do not know the day or hour of our "snatching away", but we can know the season, and the season is here. The Lord gave us a look into the future with His Word for two basic reasons as I understand them. First and foremost, that when those prophecies come to pass, we know that it is the Lord's doing and He's in control. And secondly, so we are not left ignorant of the times we are living in, but not to predict the future. We see a convergence of all the prophetic signs given by the Prophets and Christ Himself happening or lining up. Russia, Iran and Turkey alliance and in Syria as just a brief example. 

We are expressly told we can not know whom the Antichrist is until he signs the seven year covenant with Israel. It doesn't say we can figure out whom the False Prophet may be? I'm not bashing anyone here, but if anyone's paying attention, one more of many bizarre statements (think Revelation 22: 18-19) recently coming out of the Pope's mouth. I'm not saying the Pope is or could be the False Prophet. I'm saying, what would you expect from a false prophet and drastic change of tradition, ecumenicalism  and theology? Just my thoughts anyway...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

God's use of numbers and numerology are not the same thing.

They're not a representation of something?

Guest shiloh357
18 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I believe in the pieces falling into place although I don't necessarily buy the fifty year cycle thing.  That's used a lot in the 'pay for blessings' televangelist racket.

What???  You mean you don't believe that if you sow 50 seeds of $50 each, that  you  will get 50 harvests at 50-fold each for the next 50 years???

:24:

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Well,  don't know. It is easy to read the association of things past, but to then predict things to come by  pattern? Don't know could be.

I do appreciate having a very limited understanding of the awesome power that is God, and enjoy the acrostics like Ps 119 and the rythms and flow of history, but I don't see forward very well. Not in my personal life so I doubt I'd put much value on my speculations as to what when and how God wills His plan of redemption to unfold. None the less I try to be ready and hope to finish my own race well.

Seventy is the number of:

1 people  that repopulated earth after the flood

2 people that came in to Egypt at Joseph's request

3  total of years that Israel lived in exile

4 of elders assigned to assist Moses

5 of disciples Jesus chose to go out in His name.

6 the number of years of punishment of Israel foR not keeping the Sabbath years - these seventies were to bring an end to the transgressions of Israel ( seventy weeks or seventy times seven (490).Eight things are included in this  connected with the seventy weeks 8 is the number associated with new birth.

And on that one goes. According to the count by the work of Dr. Ed F. Vallowe 70 is mentioned 61 times in the Bible. Now the astute student might ask; Why 61 times? What is the signifcance of 61? Is that the correct total? Should it be 66, and five have not yet been noticed? Or, Perhaps they are in that third book  or letter to the Corinthians that Paul wrote and has referenced for us, but whose text is not known to us,  and thus not included in our Bible.

One can use the numbers that are so very obvious if one wants, but I still look through a glass darkly and ought not be too proud of my very limited awareness and understanding. Instead  I need to be very humbled by the awareness of the awesome power that is God; to have his prophets and apostles write so fine a compulation over the many hundreds of centuries. All for our enlightenment as we serve Him for His Glory and for no other reason.

ps- Vallowe opens up with  

SEVENTY

Universality--Israel and her restoration

All this PLUS Israel as a country is coming up to which anniversary next year??? Their 70th I believe.....vairrrrrleeeee intelestink

I wonder who, or what is going to flick the first domino in a very precarious world?:39:

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God. God is.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Davida said:

God's use of numbers & the symbolism is not the same as the occultic use of numerology which is assigning a number to the letters of the alphabet.  Numerology is akin to divination and is forbidden.

Well I totally agree with that statement, but I don't know what you're referring to? The numerology which I speaking is:

One - Unity. Two - Union, division, witnessing. Three - resurrection, divine completeness, perfection. Four - creation, world... All the way to 1,000

I never alluded to 'gematria' if that's what you're saying.

4 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

All this PLUS Israel as a country is coming up to which anniversary next year??? Their 70th I believe.....vairrrrrleeeee intelestink

I wonder who, or what is going to flick the first domino in a very precarious world?:39:

Hi Mike 2,

Yes, the 70th anniversary of Israel as a nation might well have prophetic significance in my opinion. Biblical generations can be interpreted with various years; 40, 70, 100, 120 or even when the very last person in that generation dies? I think the generation we live in is 70 years, or by strength 80 years. I'm guessing by strength, in addition to good health and lifestyle living a longer life, there might be something more to by strength maybe?

There's just so much going on that could flick that first domino it's hard to say? Now we add N. Korea into the mix. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've found the Trump announcement on the move of our embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in 2017 very interesting prophetically. If you're familiar with the 50 year Jubilee cycle, things could get interesting shortly?

1867 - (Jubilee year) Emancipation of the Jews from Austria and Hungary. First Zionist Congress convened. Zionist organization founded. Fifty years later...

1917 - (Jubilee year) Balfour declaration.  The beginning of Israel getting their land back, as a nation. Fifty years later...

1967 - (Jubilee year) Israeli six day war. Israel gets their land back (Jerusalem). Fifty years later...

2017 - (Jubilee year) Against the United Nations and world wishes, Trump announces we will move our embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem (risking an all out Muslim war).

Anyone see a fifty year pattern here and a potential for something prophetically big to occur in the very near future? Or do you think I'm making too much over this issue? At any rate, a person would have to be blind not to see all the events and players lining up and taking shape. I think it was Jan Markel whom coined the phrase, "things are not falling in to pieces, the pieces are falling in to place."

Hi Dennis,

Yes I see what you are saying with different things happening in Jubilee cycles, however Israel became a nation in 1948 and that is a very important date from whence all other `countdown` dates follow. `That generation,` the `fig tree generation` will NOT pass away. So to my thinking by 2028, they will be 80 and will have well & truly started to pass away. Thus I see the end of the trib, earlier than that.

However I digress, so we continue to watch and wait & look up for our redemption draweth nigh.

Bless you bro, Marilyn.