• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:9-11

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed."

NASB

I think this is pretty strait forward. It plainly says that you will be saved.... not maybe ...... not if...... not tomorrow, but shall.

There is a bit to ponder about these verses, for to confess of something you actually have to be guilty of it; to when you confess that Jesus is your Lord you are either saved, or a liar. I should not have to mention the results of the latter.

Can a person loose this salvation, I think so. If you invite the Lord out of your life the same way you invited Him in.... Basically throw out the Holy Spirit if you could emagine someone doing that.......

sam

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Can a person lose this salvation,  I think so.  If you invite the Lord out of your life the same way you invited Him in....    Basically throw out the Holy Spirit if you could emagine someone doing that.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is sad, but you see people do it all the time.

In the early days of Billy Graham's ministry, he had a "tag-team partner" who was a strong believer and eventually had doubts and then made the huge step of totally rejecting the faith. He even wrote a book called something like "Goodbye to God: my reasons for rejecting the Christian faith."

I think his name was Ted Templeton.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Now guys, the OSAS debate is a different thread (she says ever so sweetly). If ya'll keep making comments like that, I'm gonna jump in there and disagree with you....then this thread will end up being a debate. :blink:

I have limits, ya know!!! :):);):o Ahem.......(composes herself)...

Sam, the one thing you said that I definitely agree with is that in order to truly confess something, you have to be truly guilty of it. On that, we agree. :blink:

Jake, I know you know the implications of that. :P

Jake, I know you know the implications of that.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I did't like you, I would say something nice.

But I do like you, so I will just speak something very nice. :)

Beauty adores us, on this we agree.

High are the angels and low our decree. (Ed Roland of Collective Soul)

Guest daddy

that old church i mentioned in first reply, when i looked at that article again,they say:"in our (their) fellowship we (they) believe carelessness can lead to apathy,apathy to neglect,and neglect to a conscious decision to sin.we (they)refer to this spiritual decline as backsliding.we (they) believe one who backslides is in danger of losing his salvation if the individual persists in rejecting the spirit's call to repentance and restoration.

i understand what their saying.it's like destroying god's gift by throwing mud in his face.

from article:the heart of a true believer always regrets,repents,asks forgiveness,and seeks never to sin that way again.to carelessly participate in sin,expecting to gain forgiveness later,is itself an act of backsliding that will lead ultimately to losing one's salvation.

once saved can mean forever saved-if one continue's in faith,growing in sanctification and holiness day by day.but god will not arbitrarily usurp mankind's free will.our sovereign god does not overrule free will just to prove he is sovereign.

Coming to an understanding of the Gospel and realizing everything that God did for us and then to live a life of sin is not the proper response to God's Gospel.

(not saying anybody here does or anything, just my thoughts on the matter)

Coming to an understanding of the Gospel and realizing everything that God did for us and then to live a life of sin is not the proper response to God's Gospel.

(not saying anybody here does or anything, just my thoughts on the matter)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen, brother. :thumbsup: I am totally with you on that. :emot-drool:

Collective Soul, huh? Hmmm.....I've heard the name of the group but I can't seem to think of what songs they sing. :thumbsup: What are some of the names of their songs?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Wow....dicy subject. As I read through this the thing that occurs to me is that once any individual realized within themselves that they need Jesus Christ in their lives and that nothing or no one else but He can give them salvation they are saved. The condeming power that Sin had on their lives is forever broken.

However, that doesn't mean that a saved person will always follow God for the rest of their lives. There are many times in life that a person will stray far from God. There are even times where people who once followed Christ have a series of events of crises which cause them to actively fight against God. This time can last for days, months or years.

I once knew a man who had been saved and had been a faithful follower of God for many years but then things happened which caused him to turn away and, eventually, actively antagonize the cause of Christ. When asked whether he still believed in God and thought he was saved, he broke down sobbing and replied:

"I have seen too much to believe anything other than the fact that God is present in all aspects of life and that He is the only answer. I just feel like I am unworthy of following His cause yet I must follow something . And you know what the worst part of it all is? I miss Him alot."

I have never forgotten that conversation I and a few of my friends had with this man. I guess I said all that to say that I believe that once the gift of salvation has been given to you, it can never be destroyed or taken from you. However, as with all gifts you can choose to, in time, mock the giver or come to hate or despise the gift. None of this negates that the gift was, in fact, given and recieved with open arms.

Edited by Convert

Collective Soul, huh?  Hmmm.....I've heard the name of the group but I can't seem to think of what songs they sing.  :emot-highfive:  What are some of the names of their songs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me see, Heaven (heaven light your light shine down), December, The World I Know, Disciplined Breakdown, Precious Declaration, Run, Heavy, etc...

They are one of the most popular bands of the mid-late 90's.

Wow....I'm still drawing a blank. :thumbsup: I'll have to go on a music site and check it out.