• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,630
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Puerto Rico -  no diapers available for babies, no running water, no electricity.

So Cal - no gold Gucci belts left for the kids for Christmas, "and they are so popular again".

Many quip that  California should not be part of the USA, few it seems know Puerto Rico is.

How can there be such extremes of opulence and  poverty, both marked by what seems to be the same uncaring heart?

Is America USA rich as it's So Cal spoiled youth?   Or, is it as poor as it's diaperless Puerto Rican babies? 

Lord please, shame the USA rich into joining along with it's poor to begin to help it's desperate. Let there be love of the desperate that is charity, kindnesses that gives real assets without hesitation,  without need of praise, without applause. May the spirit of eleemosynary giving  pervade our nation of such unfathomable extremes. One the opulence to shame, the other dire poverty to near resentment of life itself.

I started pondering these extremes  after seeing there is no real progress being made for US citizens residing at Puerto Rico, and then later in the day listening to the lament that  last minute shopping items are gone, the Gucci belts so popular again with the kids  just are not easily available at the stores at So. Cal.

While I still cannot believe I listened to that yesterday, I am glad That I  did, for the plight of our fellow citizens has been on my mind. I had not understood how vastly capable  we are of helping, but are just preoccupied with our own appearance, our own prosperity, and status among our peers.

While I personally do not like  the use of  "we", it seems to me that it is a case of we do not act together to help like  our whole nation once did for East Berlin so many decades ago. Is Puerto Rico so undeserving that the rest of  this nation  will  not make the huge sacrifice in terms of Gucci belt buckles that may fund the fuel and the supplies to help end the desperate situation at Puerto Rico? Are there not at least a few men and women that can man the operational needs?  Are all the wealthy familied young and able bodied running around beltless until Christmas day, unable to keep pants up, and therefore just sitting and posing for each other in selfies?

It seems a nation that  "prides" self on worldwide generosity has almost no sympathy that manifests into real help for it's own at Puerto Rico, where people may be without power until even May 2018.

Who here knows of good help under way that maybe worthy of supporting? Anyone? I'm shamed as of just yesterday after realizing the extremes we are allowing for ourselves to later be judged by.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I'm shamed as of just yesterday after realizing the extremes we are allowing for ourselves to later be judged by.

I think white America only cares about white America. Republicans are the last to help I see that in the bible belt in the south, I think we'd see more help if Mr. Obama was in, or Hillary.

And I know it's not popular to say this on a republican site.

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, john1 said:

I think white America only cares about white America. Republicans are the last to help I see that in the bible belt in the south, I think we'd see more help if Mr. Obama was in, or Hillary.

Per the media, republicans are the last to help. But is it true?

certainly, democrat politicians want to hand out more money, when it is tax money anyway. Does handing money out help individuals?

I’d rather have a job, where I don’t have to hope for another handout. Grow the economy, more jobs, individual people can and do help each other. 

In my limited world, I see democrats expecting the government to take care of everyone, so they feel they don’t have to.  Republicans are likely to help others out as it’s not the governments job.   Only, handing out money with no long term employment plan is failed from the start. 

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, john1 said:

As far as I know the poster didn't say puerto rico needs jobs.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

45 minutes ago, john1 said:

Huh? It's well known that Republican and Christian-leaning states give more to charity than progressive ones 

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/generous-states-charities-lean-republican/story?id=17030246

There's also lots of studies that say Christians are the most generous group in the U.S. Just google "Most charitable states", and you'll get both endless graphs and studies all saying the same thing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, secretopossumcabal said:

"Most charitable states",

But your figures don't include how God figures it.

Mark chapter 12 verse 42

But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

Luke 16:19-31New International Version (NIV)

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

The way God looks at it I've given way more than Donald Trump, ever did.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Mark chapter 12 verse 42

But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Talking about God’s economy of figuring, how does comparing ourselves to others pencil out?  Lol. 

20 minutes ago, hmbld said:

how does comparing ourselves to others pencil out?

I don't think I compared, I just stated.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

29 minutes ago, john1 said:

Mark chapter 12 verse 42

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Trump has given a lot to charity, but it's impossible to say what's really in his heart, none of us are God. It would not be wise to make yourself as God to see what's in his heart. 

Trump has also given up much of his life and privacy to serve others and endure nonstop attacks by the mainstream media, entertainment industry, the republican establishment and the deep state. He's enduring nonstop barbs from these people and has had his family attacked for his service as president. He's given up A LOT of peace to endure what he's been through and what he will continue to go through.  

But who truly knows what's in his heart? Only God knows that, but what I know is that he's given a lot to help to this world, despite the world spitting back at his face, and for that reason I believe that God is with him. The world hates him, but I know who the world hated first.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, secretopossumcabal said:

The world hates him

I don't hate him.

But every president has gone through what he is going through.