Michael Cisneros

I think my marriage is failing and I don't know what to do anymore

RED ALERT

My wife was arrested this Saturday morning for dwi.  Of course nothing I have said or done since has been anything she wants to hear.  I was able to bail her out same day.  I am at a complete loss.  On the one hand, i know she needs help.  On the other hand, she wouldn't even listen to me when I explained how to fill out her part of the bond agreement.  She refused to fill out all of the references until the bondsman told her she had to. I feel so lost, and powerless.

Praying for you!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Michael Cisneros said:

RED ALERT

My wife was arrested this Saturday morning for dwi.  Of course nothing I have said or done since has been anything she wants to hear.  I was able to bail her out same day.  I am at a complete loss.  On the one hand, i know she needs help.  On the other hand, she wouldn't even listen to me when I explained how to fill out her part of the bond agreement.  She refused to fill out all of the references until the bondsman told her she had to. I feel so lost, and powerless.

I am posting this knowing it may seem like I do not understand, but I was married and I left due to his mistakes (we will just call what he was, a mistake).

I found it impossible to leave because at first, I refuse to see that there was any issue.  So he lied, big deal, I told myself.  He went for counseling so he must be fine now.

But the fact is, I started to lose my love for him, as he in his heart, never truly confessed to his sins, before man or God.

He wore me down until finally I found the courage, strength and ability (way) to leave.  I had no money, etc.  But it was time.

Are you ready to make that call?

I pray for you and your family, you will find the strength you need in this situation and stop ignoring the consequences, for not leaning on the Lord in this area of your life.

"

New American Standard Bible

Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me," Romans 15:30

Edited by eileenhat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 12/28/2017 at 2:24 PM, Michael Cisneros said:

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, and prayers.  Yes, I am a Christian.  My wife believes, but chooses not to practice her faith.  Alcohol is her vice, and it has gotten to the point that she would rather go negative in our bank account than to abstain. She curses God for her grandfather's battle lost to cancer.  We literally can't afford counseling due to recovery from Hurricane Harvey, and she has already lost her car to repossession.  I gave her mine to drive and got myself a hoopty from a family member just to get back and forth to work.  I know she loves me,  but I can't tell sometimes if she cares whether or not we make it.  If it only affected me, then so be it.  But we have two little boys to raise, and her decisions and actions are making it so difficult.  It is so exhausting, and so painful at times.

The last person I began to see, until 2011, developed alcoholism as well.

I gave him an herbal formula to help fight this disease, but he refused to take it.  He had no money and was hooked on anti-depressants.  They left him with little will power (and as we are just learning, atrophy the brain).  A friend was housing him and after my failed marriage, I decided to keep a healthy distance from him, until he decided whether to live or die, from his disease.

He's dead now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The last person I began to see, until 2011, developed alcoholism as well.

I gave him an herbal formula to help fight this disease, but he refused to take it.  He had no money and was hooked on anti-depressants.  They left him with little will power (and as we are just learning, atrophy the brain).  A friend was housing him and after my failed marriage, I decided to keep a healthy distance from him, until he decided whether to live or die, from his disease.

He's dead now.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I truly appreciate your sharing your experiences.  I know it must bring back some painful memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Michael Cisneros said:

I am so sorry for your loss.  I truly appreciate your sharing your experiences.  I know it must bring back some painful memories.

She is sharing that because this could happen to YOU. My suggestion is, call this number: (888) 425-2666, the Al-Anon help lineIt will help you not only to know how to handle your wife's behavior, but how to deal with your issues also. Addictions are an insidious form of illness, and they can and do end in death. Please read about the roles family plays in addiction. Since your wife is in legal trouble now, there is no time to lose. Praying!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, Michael Cisneros said:

My wife believes, but chooses not to practice her faith.  Alcohol is her vice, and it has gotten to the point that she would rather go negative in our bank account than to abstain. She curses God for her grandfather's battle lost to cancer.  

Having read through your posts, I suspect the answer lies here.  Your wife is hurting, and that has led her to drink to numb the pain.  She is grieving and angry, and unfortunately, she has turned to alcohol for comfort.  My advise is not to give up on her.  Most people's wedding vows contain the words, "for better or worse."  You are definitely dealing with the worse, but you need to hang in there, and be supportive as best you can.  You do need to get a handle on your bank account.  Make sure that she is unable to ruin you financially supporting her alcohol addiction.  It would be great if you could get her into counseling, so she can learn better ways to cope with her pain.  You need to consider the root cause of her behavior.  Try to be patient.  

• This is Worthy 1