• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1983

As the title says, I think my marriage is failing and I don't know what to do anymore.  Recent events have me concerned that my wife and I are so unequally yoked that this next year could be our very last together.  I do not blame 100 percent responsibility for this on either one of us: we are in this together.  Our success, and/or failure, is on both of us.  I can work on fixing whats wrong with me, but obviously I cannot correct her mistakes or choices.  I am not sure she cares enough anymore to do what I can't.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 3

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

Obviously as a Christian you know what to do, but you’re right. You cannot force her to change her ways/actions if she doesn’t want to. I pray that God will guide you and your wife. Communication, in any relationship, is so important. I hope you can go to get fully and explain how you are feeling. Have the two of you considered counseling? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.03
  • Days Won:  21

It might be good to talk to someone you can trust. Stay away from shrinks though, they do more harm than good.

It is often the man that is reluctant to go for help, so maybe your wife might go for that idea. But if her mind is made up, most anything you do besides pray may be seen as manipulation. There are dozens of web-sites that do tend to vilify males I have noticed, so it is not an easy task.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,812
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Continue to pray for her. It sounds like she's the one who is not a Christian? Pray to God that He gets hold of her heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Praying

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Col. 3: 19, Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.  Pray for her mate 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/23/2017 at 7:47 AM, Michael Cisneros said:

As the title says, I think my marriage is failing and I don't know what to do anymore.  Recent events have me concerned that my wife and I are so unequally yoked that this next year could be our very last together.  I do not blame 100 percent responsibility for this on either one of us: we are in this together.  Our success, and/or failure, is on both of us.  I can work on fixing whats wrong with me, but obviously I cannot correct her mistakes or choices.  I am not sure she cares enough anymore to do what I can't.  

I am only hearing one side of the issue. Are you a Christian? Are you a praying person? If that is the case then you should first of all take this to God. Have you sat down with her and told her everything that is on your heart and your concerns? Maybe you can both come up with ways to fix this if your marriage is important to both of you. You have to remember the vows that you took before God and why you took those vows to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/23/2017 at 9:47 AM, Michael Cisneros said:

We live in a society, in a world, that is actively tearing families apart - husbands and wives,  father's and sons, mothers and daughters,  and every combination thereof except for the abominations that the devil wants to be paraded around as if the devil has a victory over JESUS.

JESUS says we are sheep.    Yes, sheep.   Lowly sheep.   .... .... What can sheep do ?    LISTEN.   LISTEN........... listen ...... for HIS voice that HE SAYS we hear.  And REJOICE when you hear HIS VOICE !

And rest in HIM.    Believe His Word.  Rest in Him.  (not in man, nor man's ways - do not trust man's ways)......

JESUS says we are sheep.   HE SAYS (if anyone else says it , we might doubt this)  "BE OF GOOD CHEER, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD" ..... (in the world we always have great persecution - the world (all the world) hates us and does all it can to drag us down.... )
THE ONLY HOPE,  is JESUS.  (NOT to fix things we want.... but to learn to live from HIM, to learn HIS WAY, from HIM as we LISTEN, LISTEN, listen to HIS VOICE and follow HIM) .......   follow HIM.... even thru all pains and sorrows and griefs , even to death for the GOSPEL'S SAKE ........  follow HIM  (what else ought a sheep to DO ? ! )    Whatever YHWH SAYS , in line with HIS WORD (test everything always),  DO.  "Blessed rather is he who hears the WORD of YHWH, and DOES IT ! " With never a contradiction.   Never anything opposed to His Word , His Plan, and His Purpose in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/17/1983

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, and prayers.  Yes, I am a Christian.  My wife believes, but chooses not to practice her faith.  Alcohol is her vice, and it has gotten to the point that she would rather go negative in our bank account than to abstain. She curses God for her grandfather's battle lost to cancer.  We literally can't afford counseling due to recovery from Hurricane Harvey, and she has already lost her car to repossession.  I gave her mine to drive and got myself a hoopty from a family member just to get back and forth to work.  I know she loves me,  but I can't tell sometimes if she cares whether or not we make it.  If it only affected me, then so be it.  But we have two little boys to raise, and her decisions and actions are making it so difficult.  It is so exhausting, and so painful at times.

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

46 minutes ago, Michael Cisneros said:

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, and prayers.  Yes, I am a Christian.  My wife believes, but chooses not to practice her faith.  Alcohol is her vice, and it has gotten to the point that she would rather go negative in our bank account than to abstain. She curses God for her grandfather's battle lost to cancer.  We literally can't afford counseling due to recovery from Hurricane Harvey, and she has already lost her car to repossession.  I gave her mine to drive and got myself a hoopty from a family member just to get back and forth to work.  I know she loves me,  but I can't tell sometimes if she cares whether or not we make it.  If it only affected me, then so be it.  But we have two little boys to raise, and her decisions and actions are making it so difficult.  It is so exhausting, and so painful at times.

Did you see these things before you married her? Does your wife need help for her drinking? Is she in denial and will she seek help?

• Thumbs Up 1