• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/31/2017 at 6:13 AM, naominash said:

Here is my issue with the reform approach to abusers.

1.The Bible tells us that some people who claim to be Christians are wolves in sheep's clothing and reprobate. There is no grace for these people, rather the church is to purge them from their midst. I strongly believe abusers fall into this category.

2. Abusers often know the Bible very well. In fact, some are pastors. Many are charming and know how to manipulate others. If the problem were simply lack of knowledge about how to be Godly, then how come many abusers don't change when they attend church?

3. I believe abusive marriages can be fixed. But I think churches are very naive when it comes to evil. You don't counsel someone to not abuse their victim. You tell them to repent or they will be purged from the church. You tell them repent before they fall into the hands of the living God.

Abuse is a gross sin that comes from an evil unrepentant heart. It is not the fruit of a regenerated heart.

I say, abusers, beware of God's judgment. I will never comply with letting wolves have power in the church. Repent and stop your abusing or I will definitely pray that God seek vengeance against you for the evil you are doing to His sheep.

I know that's not a popular view but churches are naive about evil. Especially abusers and child molesters.

I completely agree. Many abusers fall in the category of narcissists, which is a mental illness beyond the scope of a church to handle. Here is how to recognize it. Psychologists don't believe in evil either, but I absolutely do. Some people just have to be removed from a church. :(

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, SerenSunflower said:

I completely agree. Many abusers fall in the category of narcissists, which is a mental illness beyond the scope of a church to handle. Here is how to recognize it. Psychologists don't believe in evil either, but I absolutely do. Some people just have to be removed from a church. :(

narcissists, which is a mental illness

its the condemnation that got satan kicked out .      now go preach it to the SELFIE generation.  OH yes, narcissim has many names . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Scripture itself states that Paul's letters are Scripture:

" Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. " (2 Peter 3:14-18, NASB, emphasis mine)

And thus inspired of God:

" All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NASB, emphasis mine)

If you have an issue with this, then it's not Shiloh357, Cobalt1959 or myself you have an issue with; it's the Lord.  You either accept what Scripture says as the truth, or you call God a liar.

Here's the original post by you:

And the link to the original post:

And even a screenshot of your original post :

image.png 

So, care to try that one again?

BTW: "followers"? Sorry, but the only one I follow is Jesus Christ; not Shiloh, not Cobalt, and certainly not you.

Your move.

Game of Chess? ? sorry cant help it.. typical me..