BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

What would come before God but nothingness. What would manifest before the Word but the Void itself. This "nothingness before God" is worshiped as a goddess in the eastern religions and is the focus of their meditation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I know the canon of Scripture by Holy Spirit and study

What did you study?  Also, did the Holy Spirit give you a table of contents so you could verify that all the books in your bible are inspired?

of which I would say manuscript evidence is a big one...Peter was inspired because the Holy Spirit so instructed Peter of Paul's writings 2Pet 3:15-16 

I asked about 1Peter.  Furthermore, you have yet to establish that any of Paul's writings are inspired.  How do you know for certain that Paul's writings are inspired.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that the 73 books in the Bible are not inspired.  I am asking you to prove it to me.

catholics= Scripture+uninspired writings+oral tradition.... we know the error and apostacy of the rcc!

So I am glad you at least give us credit for believing in scripture.  The uninspired historical writings are valuable becasue they provide context and may include details that are helpful.  Oral Tradition...well Paul tells Timothy to follow the Traditions of the Church.

Edited by Concretecamper

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Any where the church is mentioned in the Bible it doesn't represent the Rcc- that is the arrogance that is taught by Rome. 

Here's the thing, the Gospel of Christ that leads to salvation and being born again through the Holy Spirit isn't preached in the RCC.  This is evident when the scripture is used proudly out of context and the meaning twisted to validate the man made ungodly traditions of the RCC. It doesn't work. The RCC is so far from the early church and Christ's collective bride. There might be Catholics that are saved, but they become ex:catholics. 

One more foundational truth if I may Davida. It's very clear in Matthew that Jesus didn't say it was Peter (the 1st Pope?) that He was going to build His church upon. Peter confessed Jesus Christ as the "rock", and upon this truth reveled to Peter by the Holy Spirit, Jesus would build His church upon this truth. I don't understand how this could be taken out of context? I won't go into it, but it's very interesting where they were physically standing when Jesus said this and the Jewish belief's of the time. 

Matthew 16:15 (KJV) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 (KJV) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 16:17 (KJV) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:18 (KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

You and I both know Peter would have rebuked that church the moment it was formed .    The reason they aint got no list of popes in concrete before ROME stood up

IS because their was none .    I read about every vicar , briefly in a book wrote by a catholic who supports that system .  AND everyone of them failed to live as the plain church should.

AND if leaders do that ,  then look out flocks who sit under them , it will only get worse and worse .  and they did too .   

According to Jesus, no one is greater than another;

Luke 9: 46-48, V 46, Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest. 
    47, And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, 
    48, And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

• Praise God! 1

10 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

Since this scripture has been used more than once in response to my question, I will address this passage.  At the time this was written, the only writings that were considered scripture were the books of the Tanakh.  The bible wasn't in existence yet so Paul was not referring to what we call the Bible.  Furthermore, this passage does not say ONLY scripture is profitable.

So to my new freinds.  Sacred Scripture is certainly the inspired Word of God.  All the BS you've posted that say Catholics believe otherwise is laughable. 

But I do have a question.  Please dont copy and paste from got questions or any other website.  I would like a sincere answer with your own words.  There has been many scripture quoted from the Gospels and the epistles.  For example, 1Peter was quoted from.  How do you know 1Peter is inspired writing?  Who told you this?  Was it your parents? Freind? Preacher?

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God. The purpose of inspiration is to secure truth and unity in record and not sameness of words or statements. Revelation discovers new truth; inspiration superintends the communicating and recording of that truth. We have examples of inspiration without revelation (Luke 1:4); of inspiration including revelation (Rev. 1:1, 11); of inspiration without illumination (1 Peter 1:11; 1 Cor. 14:13-19); and inspiration including illumination (1 Cor. 2:12-16; 14:30).

We find the lies of Satan and men; false doctrines; and many sins listed in Scripture, Inspiration simply guarantees that these lies were told; these  fallacies were taught by certain men; and that these crimes were committed, but it does not make these lies and fallacies the truth or place God's sanction upon the crimes.

One must find out whether Satan, evil men, or God is speaking in Scripture. God is not responsible for what others have said just because He causes what they did say to be recorded by inspiration. All God guarantees is that these things were said and done as they are recorded. Only what God says or teaches is truth which He requires men to obey.

To what degree were writers inspired? 1. Some parts of Scripture give exact words of God (Ex. 32:16; Dt. 5:4, 24; Matt. 3:17). 2. Some words were put into the mouths of the speakers who spoke as the Spirit inspired them (Ex. 4:12; Num. 23:5; Ez. 2:7; 3:10-11; Acts 3:21). 
3. Some words were written as the Spirit moved men (Ex. 34:27; 2 Pet. 1:21).
4. In some parts of Scripture it was left up to the writers to chose their own words to relate truth by inspiration and guidance of the Spirit (Dan. 12:8-9; Luke 1:1-4; John 20:30-31; Acts 1:1-2).

The Spirit used the faculties and abilities of the writers to record things, past, present, and future. He gave direct revelations, guided them to choose records of men, and superintended the writers in all their work until we now have a perfect and fallible record of the origin and destiny of all creation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

So I am glad you at least give us credit for believing in scripture.  The uninspired historical writings are valuable becasue they provide context and may include details that are helpful.  Oral Tradition...well Paul tells Timothy to follow the Traditions of the Church.

Your use of non canonical books and oral tradition perverts the Scriptures you have in your own mind and actions... if you are to ever find God it will be through His Word alone Genesis thru Malachi- OT and Mathew thru Revelation- NT... if you understand that God knows not sin for it is perversion of truth called lie->

Matt 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV

then the only hope of being known by God is to be fill with His Word both in mind and action
 John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

John 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

35 minutes ago, HAZARD said:
Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God. The purpose of inspiration is to secure truth and unity in record and not sameness of words or statements. Revelation discovers new truth; inspiration superintends the communicating and recording of that truth. We have examples of inspiration without revelation (Luke 1:4); of inspiration including revelation (Rev. 1:1, 11); of inspiration without illumination (1 Peter 1:11; 1 Cor. 14:13-19); and inspiration including illumination (1 Cor. 2:12-16; 14:30).

We find the lies of Satan and men; false doctrines; and many sins listed in Scripture, Inspiration simply guarantees that these lies were told; these  fallacies were taught by certain men; and that these crimes were committed, but it does not make these lies and fallacies the truth or place God's sanction upon the crimes.

One must find out whether Satan, evil men, or God is speaking in Scripture. God is not responsible for what others have said just because He causes what they did say to be recorded by inspiration. All God guarantees is that these things were said and done as they are recorded. Only what God says or teaches is truth which He requires men to obey.

To what degree were writers inspired? 1. Some parts of Scripture give exact words of God (Ex. 32:16; Dt. 5:4, 24; Matt. 3:17). 2. Some words were put into the mouths of the speakers who spoke as the Spirit inspired them (Ex. 4:12; Num. 23:5; Ez. 2:7; 3:10-11; Acts 3:21). 
3. Some words were written as the Spirit moved men (Ex. 34:27; 2 Pet. 1:21).
4. In some parts of Scripture it was left up to the writers to chose their own words to relate truth by inspiration and guidance of the Spirit (Dan. 12:8-9; Luke 1:1-4; John 20:30-31; Acts 1:1-2).

The Spirit used the faculties and abilities of the writers to record things, past, present, and future. He gave direct revelations, guided them to choose records of men, and superintended the writers in all their work until we now have a perfect and fallible record of the origin and destiny of all creation.

Here we go cutting and pasting from websites.

If I were sitting with you at dinner, and I asked you why do you think 1Peter is inspired text, what would YOUR answer be.

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Your use of non canonical books and oral tradition perverts the Scriptures you have in your own mind and actions... if you are to ever find God it will be through His Word alone Genesis thru Malachi- OT and Mathew thru Revelation- NT... if you understand that God knows not sin for it is perversion of truth called lie->

Matt 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV

then the only hope of being known by God is to be fill with His Word both in mind and action
 John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

John 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

Same question to you.  If I were sitting across the table from you and I asked for proof that your 66 books is inspired text, what would YOUR answer be?

7 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Here we go cutting and pasting from websites.

If I were sitting with you at dinner, and I asked you why do you think 1Peter is inspired text, what would YOUR answer be.

Just shows how much you know. I never cut and pasted my post from any website. See all the Scriptures I posted? I would say you never even checked one. Do you have any scriptures which teach that any of the 66 books of the Bible were not inspired by God?

What would my answer be regarding 1 Peter 1?

v 1 Peter praises God for his manifold spiritual graces;
v 10 showing that the salvation in Christ the fulfillment of prophesy;
v 13 and exhorts them accordingly to be holy. 

1 Peter 2

v1 He exhorts to put away wickedness;
v 4 showing that Christ is the foundation whereupon they are built.
v 11 He beseeches them also to abstain from sinful desires;
v 13 to be obedient to authorities;

v 18 and teaches servants how to obey their masters;

v 20 patiently suffering for well doing, after the example of Christ. 

1 Peter 3

v 1 He teaches the duty of wives and husbands to each other;
v 8 exhorting all men to unity and love;
v 14 and to suffer persecution.
v 19 He declares also the benefits of Christ toward the old world. 

1 Peter 4

v 1 He exhorts them to cease from sin and live fore God,
v 12 and comforts them against persecution. 

1 Peter 5

v 1 He exhorts the elders to feed their flocks;
v 5 the younger to obey;
v 8 and all to be sober, watchful, and constant in the faith;
v 9 and to resist the cruel adversary the devil. 

And no, I never copied and pasted my answer of the web, I got what I wrote our of my Bible. 1 Peter is inspired by God just as all the other' of the 66 books were.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Any where the church is mentioned in the Bible it doesn't represent the Rcc- that is the arrogance that is taught by Rome. 

Here's the thing, the Gospel of Christ that leads to salvation and being born again through the Holy Spirit isn't preached in the RCC.  This is evident when the scripture is used proudly out of context and the meaning twisted to validate the man made ungodly traditions of the RCC. It doesn't work. The RCC is so far from the early church and Christ's collective bride. There might be Catholics that are saved, but they become ex:catholics. 

And not only do they become ex catholics ,   they warn against the mother of all harlots .    And the true saints are going to warn out against her new all inclusive join with rome plan .

• Thumbs Up 1