IGNORED

The Sabbath ???

Wayne222

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

"Sabbath was made for man".

Are you man(human)?

And Jesus is the Sabbath.  He supersedes the Sabbath "day."   We are not required to keep the Sabbath day.   But we honor Jesus as our Sabbath, as He is the one the Sabbath day pointed too.  

And by the way, when Jesus said, "the sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath" He was referencing the Mishnah.  The point was not that the Sabbath day was for all mankind.  The point Jesus was making had to do with the way that the Pharisees had literally made people slaves to the Sabbath day with all of their fence rules and traditions that made the Sabbath a burden and not a delight, the way it was supposed to be.  

So you really taking what Jesus said, out of context and applying it in a manner that was not intended by Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

8 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Your response would still hold no value, as I didn't say you must keep laws in order to be saved.

OK, then you keep your Sabbath and I do not and at the end we're both saved... Can we agree with this? I do.

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

27 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

OK, then you keep your Sabbath and I do not and at the end we're both saved... Can we agree with this? I do.

God bless you!

I think he still holds that saved people will keep the Sabbath. So if you don't your not saved.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/8/2018 at 1:31 AM, Wayne222 said:

You have to read it in context.

Do some study, the sabbath cannot be a shadow it was pre sin.

Thats only 1% of what could be said of the errors in your short statement.

You should swallow some of your own medicine & read the context.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I hope in all this discussion those that say who are saying we need to keep the Sabbath are not saying that if we don't keep the Sabbath we are not saved. Is this the case or is keeping the Sabbath a requirement for salvation or something we are required to do to maintain our salvation? 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

But if this person is a seventh day person then he is not saved because he is following a false prophet. So you cannot agree to that

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

So you cannot agree to that

If he is keeping the Sabbath to get saved then he will not agree and neither will I.

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I think he still holds that saved people will keep the Sabbath. So if you don't your not saved.

@MyLordsServant @Justin Adams

This shows how important humbleness is in our walk with the Lord.

When we become proud we cannot see love anymore, and we treat everyone who tries to show us the truth as an enemy.

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." - 1 John 3:14-15

The pharisees were so zealous about law and traditions that they became proud and love kept out of themselves.

As we know, God resist the proud but give grace to the humble. And God is love.

"No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us." - 1 John 4:12

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Everything we do must be in love, when we start putting the law above love then things start getting dark.

"Let all that you do be done with love." - 1 Corinthians 16:14

Remember when Jesus warned us of how important is our hearts, and what is coming out of it...

When we're proud we start bearing bad fruit with us as a consequence of love being distant. And it blinds us and we cannot see it.

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." - Matthew 15:19-20

And the Lord Jesus said that His disciples will be recognized by their good fruits, and that they would have love for one another.

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." - John 13:35

Think about it, in Jesus' name!

“For many are called, but few are chosen.” - Matthew 22:14

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Everybody seems confused here.

Legalism is talking down to those that keep Yeshua's laws and commandments or try to Judaize believers. Lawlessness means Torah-lessness. I.e. not observing God's Law or trying to keep them.
Like when Constantine in about 320 made the edict that all must keep sun-day as the lord's day on pain of excommunication or death for keeping the Sabbath. Later the Romans officially constituted their pagan day observances etc.

It is because of hatred for the Jews that was the driving demonic force behind this push to annul the Torah. It began in the first century and is still going on in a church near you. The 'great falling away' has been going on for centuries.

To also talk of the 'new covenant' as if it replaced the old is incorrect. In eastern-thinking, covenants were layered. The new overlayed the old. Just augmented it is all it means. It does NOT mean the old covenant passed away - Yahweh is not so short-sighted as that.

It is not legalistic to be obedient or to think God requires faithful obedience. You cannot honestly read the Bible and think God cares nothing about obedience or that obedience has nothing to do with salvation (Romans 1:4; 16:26; Hebrews 5:9).

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 Co 7:19. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commandments is what matters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rom 3:31 ...since there is One God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2