• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Personally, I don't want any dissension or division between my brothers and sisters in Christ. There's already to much hate and division in our churches, government and ourselves on this and every other Christian forum I've seen. We sure are loving one another as Christ commanded. I've been guilty myself, but I'm making every effort to correct my attitude and behavior. 

Some on here, one in particular that buffets me every time he gets the opportunity, needs to be reminded of this every time he puts some one in their place and makes them feel unwelcome and uncomfortable with their unnecessary responses.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've often wondered about some of the important people of the Bible, and what happened to them? Why there was no further mention of them. Such as:

Noah (Noe). He lived after the flood for another 350 years [Gen 9:28-29]. No mention is ever made of him after the flood that I'm aware of? Did he cash in his 401K into retirement?

Hi Dennis,

You can rest assured that God has each and every one of the pre-cross saints in His care. Here is where they are -

`...you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the General Assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, TO THE SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT, to Jesus....` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Those `spirits of just men` (and women) are listed somewhat in Hebrews Ch. 11.

`By faith Abel.....by faith Enoch.....by faith NOAH.....`  (Heb. 11: 7)

They are in the General Assembly awaiting their specific promised inheritance.

Hope that clears up the mystery, bro. Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

In Luke 2:41-51, we also have the story of the 12 YO Jesus in the Temple with Mary and Joseph looking for him.  

Given the absence of any mention of Joseph being physically present doing anything after this point (and continued references to the rest of the family without him), most commentators and scholars I've read conjecture that he probably died somewhere between this point and the beginning of Jesus' ministry.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

17 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

In Luke 2:41-51, we also have the story of the 12 YO Jesus in the Temple with Mary and Joseph looking for him.  

Given the absence of any mention of Joseph being physically present doing anything after this point (and continued references to the rest of the family without him), most commentators and scholars I've read conjecture that he probably died somewhere between this point and the beginning of Jesus' ministry.  

Then how does those scholars view John 6:42 that clearly states they knew Joseph.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No I don't.   But what answers I DO have didn't come from copying pasting the works of a pedophile reprobate like Dake.

That name is familiar.     Just to  let us all know something ,    I don't know if I am going to be saying it right

but I checked out a bible , the dake or drake kjv.   YEAH its off.  the understanding of what men have put into it STINKS .

just warning due to I seen the name dake    .     

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

For what it's worth, this is why I don't wonder Dennis.  Before I came back to the Bible and became an actual Bible believing born again Christian, I was a lost blinded soul & spiritual seeker. I was so hungry to know the truth about God that my seeking lead me actually away from the God of the Bible & the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I read about hundred or even a thousand different spiritual paths. I had practically library of books on every spiritual topic, I had no idea of those Bible scriptures that warned us to stay away from ungodly spiritual practices & practitioners of those things.  I looked into almost all the world religions, I went in many spiritual avenues looking for truth, it is why I warn others not to go there. When I got into dangerous territory it was shown to me that Jesus is Lord and the Bible is the 100% the inerrant truth, no one told me that alone, I came to that full epiphany.

I learned the Eternal Truth that there is only One who can stand between us and the dark powers in high places & that is the LORD GOD of the BIBLE though HIS Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ & that Everything the Bible tells us IS the spiritual Truth & it IS only the Bible tells us the Truth. There were questions that I still had after I began learning the Bible & what I learned on my journey was I needed to fully submit to the authority of the LORD God because HE truly is who the Bible says He is, HE is ALL KNOWING, HE knows the end from the Beginning. If something is not given to us in the Bible there is a GODLY reason for that & it might be that it is none of our business. It is in those places that I have learned to submit and obey the Word of God ,be guided by the Holy Spirit, & be satisfied with what answers & understanding He gives me. I believe it is our lower carnal nature that strives to go where we ought not go. I can tell you that some things are spiritually better for us to not know. 

And the reason can be to take a leap of faith as well, there are bible mysteries in the bible. Jesus taught parables for people to ponder on, the parables are not spelled out in great detail.

to many times I have seen Christians that keep God in a box, there's a reason why scriptures says that Jesus did many things that are not written in the bible, and it's not because Jesus doesn't want anyone to know why or what He did, but he wants people to takes leaps of faith and ask the Holy Spirit to be lead.

if you truly believe you can be satisfied with what answer and understanding he gives you, then why can't you let others be satisfied with what the Holy Spirit shows them,

someone once picked up a jaw bone of a animal and defeated another person not because it was written, because that person took a leap of faith and believed it could be done. it's no different in understanding deeper meanings in the bible.

is it false teaching if someone says bible mystery.

25 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That name is familiar.     Just to  let us all know something ,    I don't know if I am going to be saying it right

but I checked out a bible , the dake or drake kjv.   YEAH its off.  the understanding of what men have put into it STINKS .

just warning due to I seen the name dake    .     

I really enjoy the pure Cambridge KJV, the Tomas Nelson version isn't quite the same as the orginal.

4 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

I really enjoy the pure Cambridge KJV, the Tomas Nelson version isn't quite the same as the orginal.

The kjv is a beauty.  but dake or drake whatever the name , that anointed version stinks .   mens opinions and quite a few contrary ones too. 

I never seen the Cambridge version.     I will check it out .  be blessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

What I find is very few fathom the depth of teachings the Holy Spirit reveals through the scriptures, so they go looking elsewhere to embellish it. Besides it is usually ones who have let in a deceiving spirit that leads them all around, but they misidentify it as the Holy Spirit giving them special information.

ITS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS.  hey davida,  have you ever noticed this generation loves to use the phrase YA cant keep GOD in a box.

Rather odd they the ones who put him in a box, NOT US BIBLE ONES.   for they heed any spirit that seduces and tells them NEW revelation , and that revelation CONTRADICTS

the GOD of the bible.    But we the ones putting GOD in a box they say.    NO we the ones telling about the GOD of THE BIBLE ,  I mean if one wants to really know GOD

WHY NOT READ WHAT HE SAYS and not what NEW REVELATIONS try and say .     THANK YOU SISTER for exposing this error.  THANK YOU and praise the LORD .

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

What I find is very few fathom the depth of teachings the Holy Spirit reveals through the scriptures, so they go looking elsewhere to embellish it. Besides it is usually ones who have let in a deceiving spirit that leads them all around, but they misidentify it as the Holy Spirit giving them special information.

Davida ,  here is a test question for you.,     WHO does this sound like.     PSST, hey,   theirs a lot more to knowing GOD than is in the bible.  PSST here let me tell ya

of this GREAT BIG GOD ,  psst..............

here is some new revelation just for you my special wise child , that will open your eyes  and let you see HOW BIG GOD really is and not just the things in the bible that men wrote.
A HINT if ya said SATAN you right on .   its how he works....................PSST has GOD really said.............................PSST heres some new revelation hidden mana for ya........

psst........................and all THE WHILE this new manna , new revelation keeps leading them futher and further from the GOD of the bible.  YEAH WHO WOULD DO THAT.

if  ya said satan .  YOU RIGHT ON SISTER>

but , oh me oh my,  here I am trying to answer the question.     You answer it .