• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

it doesn't necessarily follow that people with autism are demonically possessed...that is just plain silly.

No one claimed this in the topic. Just to make things clear.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

My boy would look across the room at me, pick up a wooden block and throw it dead accurately to my center of forehead. Every time! Brilliant at video game creation. Not too good with speech but read and write at a normal age. Melt-downs very frequently. Loves to laugh. Had hi tolerance for pain - broke wrists without us knowing - I luckily bandaged them thinking a sprain. Later an x-ray showed perfect healing of TWO broken wrist bones! In speech therapy and except for occasionally beating on his little sister, a nice child. Marginalized by other boys at church and was easily upset because he knows he is different. Very sensitive.

When you have met one autistic person - you have just met ONE. They are all very different.

My child was readily diagnosed on the spectrum when he did not show any concern with trying to walk, or even crawl. I have not seen him for three years now. He is 8 years old.

Psychology somehow got into the mix and boxed all the kids nicely. I hate that profession. I saw how it destroyed me with a profile that never fitted. It was dreamed up by occultists, is ant-Christ and does a great deal of damage. It is to be despised and should never be used by a believer any more than a believer would use Tarot cards.

I have taken a few tests, and I might be on the Asperger spectrum to a slight degree.

If you do not catalog and file every person in some kind of pigeon-hole then you are called into question by the powers that be that cannot accept anything but a cookie-cut person. So much for the so-called 'diversity' bunch. They are all about NOT being acceptably diverse. They just want to control by classification.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

TACA is a website for helping and curing the problem.

heres a write up from woman who cured her son with a diet that targeted her son's issues.

https://nypost.com/2015/06/17/is-diet-the-key-to-curing-autism/

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Re: 10. Sensory Challenges
In my life, I have a hard time with sounds and light. Sounds all come in and are processed by my autistic brain at the same level. Too much lighting or changes in lighting give me a headache. One of the ways I calm myself is through taping my foot, clicking a pen, going for walks, and using headphones.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, simplejeff said:

How to view ?  Start with recognizing that as Jesus Says there are "many" false teachers ....  sometimes just realizing that is truth leads to finding out the truth,  for if anyone seeks the truth, and keeps seeking the truth,  (apart from the world, and not from the world),  God's Promise is that they (no matter who they are, how old, or how they were raised or taught) will know the truth.   This is God's Promise, and cannot ever be broken.

Hey @simplejeff I'm not sure what false teachers has to do with Autism. Autism is technically a mental health issue. To me, it's simply how my neurodiverse (autistic) brain functions differently than others who are neurotypical (non-autistic). 

I do agree that God's promises can never be broken. He made me and my family fearfully and wonderfully made. :) 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Hey @simplejeff I'm not sure what false teachers has to do with Autism. Autism is technically a mental health issue. To me, it's simply how my neurodiverse (autistic) brain functions differently than others who are neurotypical (non-autistic). 

I do agree that God's promises can never be broken. He made me and my family fearfully and wonderfully made. :) 

Sorry,  naming the false teachers is available on other websites, concerning the things you might be interested in.   It is not permitted here.

15 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is another thing that the world and the enemy use to say: "You see, you cannot do many things."

But I have the Lord who says to me:

"Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”" - Mark 9:23

I have been accused of being by some people, but it is just speculation (nothing sure).

But I have learned one thing that made me feel very good: Listen to the Lord Jesus and believe in Him. This world is full of lies.

And I have learned that faith and love can do wonders in anyone's life.

Glory to God! Amen.

Hi @4LdKHVCzRDj2 you say you've "been accused" of being autistic by some people. Do you exhibit some of the signs mentioned in the OP? I don't think accused may be the right term though. Perhaps displaying some of the signs of autism is a better description? Autism is not a bad thing. It's simply a way to describe how some people's brains process things differently than other people. 

Are you saying that people who speak about autism are lying? Also, I don't believe autism is a sickness so it doesn't need a cure. People who are left handed don't need to be cured and made to function primarily with their right hand. Left handed people are simply wired differently than right handed people. Yet it wasn't long ago that being left handed was seen as a handicap and something to be corrected (primarily because we lived in a right handed world). 

God bless,
GE

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Thank you Golden Eagle   for sharing on this topic.

From what i understand MH issues has its varied spectrum where individuals fall in between different ranges.

Although i have heard about autism, I am still not really understanding of it, especially as some people diagnose themselves to be with some MH condition that they may very well not be, yet classify themselves as a type because they identify with certain symptoms. 

The categories you describe can also be for other MH issues, but its good that you list them for people to learn to better understand and detect perhaps if they are dealing with someone who has a certain type of MH issue.

What would be good is to be more understanding of individuals and showing Christ like love as we may not be carrying the same type of load that another person is carrying.

@1to3 yes some people can mis diagnose themselves I'm sure. To be autistic is to meet probably 7-8 or more of the observations I described in the OP. 

1. Empathy Struggles
2. Non-verbal Communication Challenges
3. Eye Contact Struggles
4. Socialization Struggles
5. Focused Interests 
6. Self Focus Challenges
7. Speech Challenges 
8. Body Control Struggles
9. Routine Challenges
10. Sensory Challenges
11. Strengths and Weaknesses
12. Brain Information Overload

Yes, my hope is to create more awareness of mental health issues such as autism. For clarification, my family was diagnosed by a licensed therapist (PhD) who specializes in autism spectrum disorder. She grew up with an autistic father too so she has a unique perspective on the subject. 

I do agree that showing people love and compassion is essential. We don't know what other people are struggling with.

God bless,
GE

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

TACA is a website for helping and curing the problem.

heres a write up from woman who cured her son with a diet that targeted her son's issues.

https://nypost.com/2015/06/17/is-diet-the-key-to-curing-autism/

See I don't think autism is something that needs to be cured. Some of the symptoms can be minimized but left handed people should not be expected to act or conform to right handed standards.

It wasn't until 1991 that "the federal government makes autism a special education category. Public schools begin identifying children on the spectrum and offering them special services."

It wasn't until 1994 that the separate condition called Asperger's Syndrome was officially considered to be a milder form of Autism. 

Then in 2013, it became officially understood that autism is a spectrum that not only includes the above but also people who "seem normal" but actually do have challenges that fit the categories also under the Autism Spectrum Disorder umbrella.

This page shows a timeline of the discovery-categorization of autism and its progressive understanding:
https://www.parents.com/health/autism/the-history-of-autism/ 

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi s...possum..

How is aspergers different from autism? or is it part of the spectrum?

regards, Marilyn.

@Marilyn C with a little more time today I found a good explanation of autism and asperger's syndrome. How they are different and how they are the same...

God bless,
GE

The current consensus is that Asperger’s syndrome and autism are one and the same, the difference between the two being a matter of degree. Asperger’s syndrome is another name for less severe autism.

This was not always the case. Until 2013, Asperger’s syndrome was thought to be a form of autism yet distinct from it because of differences in the timing that each condition typically appears in life, how each condition progresses, and the impact each has on any one individual.

For many experts, however, these distinctions were more apparent than actual. How could Asperger’s be a kind, type or variety of autism but still have an inherent quality completely different from autism? They argued it made more sense to think of one condition having diverse characteristics and progressing in assorted ways.

In 2013, the American Psychiatric Association recognized the predominance of similarities between Asperger’s syndrome and autism, merging them into a new classification called Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). In the diagnostic system of mental conditions, Asperger’s syndrome no longer exists, having been replaced by ASD.

The term, Asperger’s, however, persists in the public’s awareness. Given its wide recognition and the general understanding of what it describes, professionals and others continue to use the term Asperger’s, probably for the foreseeable future.

How Are Asperger’s and Autism Different?

There are three main differences between Asperger’s, as it is viewed, and autism. Compared with classic autism, people with Asperger’s have IQs that fall in the normal or even superior range. Those with autism typically have lower intelligence, as measured by standardized assessment measures.

Speech is the second difference. People with autism do not typically develop the normal abilities to use sounds and language as means of communication, whereas the speech of those with Asperger’s is intact. They may not understand the subtleties of language, such as irony and humor, or understand the give-and-take nature of communication but their ability to speak is intact, whereas that is not the case in autism.

The third difference is the age of detection. Typically, Asperger’s becomes noticeable when the child enters school and difficulties with socialization become apparent, whereas autism is generally observable by two years of age, even earlier, when persistent failure to engage with people is observable.

How Are Asperger’s and Autism Similar?

The similarities between the two conditions are greater in number than the differences. People with ASD:

1. Have a desire to self-isolate. They tend to shut out, disregard, and reject contact with the outside world, family members as well as strangers or acquaintances. They suffer from an inability to relate to people and situations in ordinary ways.
  2. Are resistant to change. They crave, instead, sameness and predictability. They engage in repetitive activities and arrange things around them so that stability and uniformity is maintained.
  3. Lack the expressions of feeling, intentions, and desire that are typical in communication with other people. They use language not to connect with people but to engage with themselves by focusing on what interests them. The volume, tone, and flow of their speech lack the qualities that create a sense of contact. Their facial expressions, eye contact, and gestures are not used as a bridge to approach others but instead to maintain coherence within themselves and engage with themselves around the things that interest them.
  4. Tend to have a fascination with, and attachment to, objects and narrow, isolated activities for the purpose of stimulating themselves and for protection from the outside world. Assembling collections of objects, learning about unusual subjects, engaging in complex mathematical calculations are examples of this fascination for limited, narrow activities.
  5. They lack a sense of humor, having little understanding of jokes and puns. Their thinking tends to be literal. They are infrequently relaxed and carefree, and when they are in a happy mood it tends to be exaggerated and not in line with the way others around them display their moods.

The most important consideration about the relationship between these two conditions is that there must be some evidence of autistic features in someone in order to diagnose that person with Asperger’s, or as we now say Autism Spectrum Disorder. Without that evidence, a diagnosis of Asperger’s is not possible.

http://www.kennethrobersonphd.com/difference-aspergers-syndrome-autism/

• Thanks 1