• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Wayne222 said:

I did not know your a Sabbath keeper.  Yes it's commandments of the old covenant. I don't believe in the Sabbath rest for new covenant Christians. You believe it If you want to. You will be judged for putting a yoke on Christians on the last day. Too bad this board has fallen to this. 

Read your bible. Yahweh said The Sabbath is a Perpetual Covenant...  No matter which hoops you jump thru, you cannot deny the Commandments of our Lord who said, 'if you Love me, Keep My Commandments'.

If you take nothing else away from these few words, understand that SATAN HATES THE SABBATH. Just like Rome does.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

Read your bible. Yahweh said The Sabbath is a Perpetual Covenant...  No matter which hoops you jump thru, you cannot deny the Commandments of our Lord who said, 'if you Love me, Keep My Commandments'.

If you take nothing else away from these few words, understand that SATAN HATES THE SABBATH. Just like Rome does.

Ha ha you are So void of biblical knowledge.  circumcision is call perpetual too in the old testament.  A lot of things are called eternal in the old testament. The fire that destroyed Sodom is called eternal fire.  You jump through hoops all the time because you know not the bible. It's pretty sad how lacking in the truth you are. 

• This is Worthy 1

I am hoping that you accidentally missed the whole point of this, and did not intend insults.

Being stiff-necked and refusing the Law of the Lord is what the Lord is talking about in all of this.

The whole point of deliberately disobeying the Commandments is thus explained.

"But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me, and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt- then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember; I will remember the land" (Leviticus 26:40-42)

"Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and be stiff-necked no longer" (Deuteronomy 10:16)

"And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live" (Deuteronomy 30:6)

"Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters"
(I Corinthians 7:18-19)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

"Athens" all over again, since 2005 at least on "this board" which has fallen / is fallen/ so often - being open to transgressors and unfaithful and unrepentant ..... 

sheer grace that any are following JESUS,  sheer grace that any at all are following JESUS, YES ! HALLELUYAH!

PHILIPPIANS 4 NIV:  

and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

... Exhortations

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I am hoping that you accidentally missed the whole point of this, and did not intend insults.

Being stiff-necked and refusing the Law of the Lord is what the Lord is talking about in all of this.

The whole point of deliberately disobeying the Commandments is thus explained.

"But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me, and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt- then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember; I will remember the land" (Leviticus 26:40-42)

"Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and be stiff-necked no longer" (Deuteronomy 10:16)

"And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live" (Deuteronomy 30:6)

"Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters"
(I Corinthians 7:18-19)

You miss my point are you for real? We are not under the old covenant.  You are stiff neck as much as anyone. You don't listen to the Apostles words. You disobey James and Peter and Paul at the council. You would fit in with those you oppose the council. 

• Praise God! 1

Philippians 3:

17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and pay attention to those who live according to the pattern we have set for you. 18 For many — I have told you about them often before, and even now I say it with tears — live as enemies of the Messiah’s execution-stake. 19 They are headed for destruction! Their god is the belly; they are proud of what they ought to be ashamed of, since they are concerned about the things of the world.

-----------------------

1. John 1:5 I.e. the world immersed in sin: all that stands in opposition to God and biblical truth.
Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

footnote from AMP version on biblegateway

-------------------------------------------

Gospel of JOHN 1:...

All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him not even one thing was made that has come into being. In Him was life [and the power to bestow life], and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines on in the [c]darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it [and is unreceptive to it].

..." who oppose the council..." .... who oppose the Gospel of Jesus ? ..... 

Look in 1 John, in perfect agreement with YHWH ...

1 John 3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

See what love the Father has lavished on us in letting us be called God’s children! For that is what we are.

The reason the world does not know us is that it has not known him.

Dear friends, we are God’s children now; and it has not yet been made clear what we will become. We do know that when he appears, we will be like him; because we will see him as he really is.

And

everyone who has this hope in him continues purifying himself, since God is pure.

Everyone who keeps sinning is violating Torah — indeed, sin is violation of Torah.

You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and that there is no sin in him.

So no one who remains united with him continues sinning;

everyone who does continue sinning has neither seen him nor known him.

Children, don’t let anyone deceive you — it is the person that keeps on doing what is right who is righteous, just as God is righteous.

The person who keeps on sinning is from the Adversary, because from the very beginning the Adversary has kept on sinning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Contrary to the belief of many, the New Covenant does not abolish all the terms of the Old Covenant!

Both covenants include provisions for a sacrifice for sin, a priesthood serving in a tabernacle, obedience to God’s laws, and promised blessings from God. However, in each case, the changes in the New Covenant amplify the terms of the Old Covenant!

Under the Old Covenant, God presented the Israelites with two options and told them to “choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20). God offers that same choice today to those whom He calls into the New Covenant. What makes the New Covenant “new” is that it is a far better agreement than the one entered into at Mount Sinai.

Ultimately all humanity will have the opportunity to be part of the New Covenant. But if God is calling you to be part of that covenant now by helping you to understand His truth, you have a decision to make. Will you choose life—eternal life? The choice is up to you.

Millions have been taught that this Old Covenant was the Ten Commandment law. Many boast of being delivered from the law and claim to walk in freedom from this so called Old Testament covenant of works. Did the great moral law of Ten Commandments vanish away? Anyone who has read the New Testament must answer, absolutely not. Paul asked, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” Romans 3:31. Does the Bible contradict itself? Can something vanish away and be established at the same time? Just to be certain that Paul was not saying that the Old Covenant was the law, let's insert the words “Old Covenant” instead of the word “law” into Romans 3:31. “Do we than make void the Old Covenant through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Old Covenant.” That certainly does not make sense now does it? We know that the Old Covenant that vanished away could never be spoken of in this way. Thus we can see that the covenant which came to an end could not have been the Ten Commandments.

Many people have also failed to see that there was more than one covenant involved at Mount Sinai. God called Moses up into the mountain before He gave the law and proposed a covenant between Him and His people, “And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; ... if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me ... an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.” Exodus 19:3-6.

The Ten Commandment Covenant on the other hand was made three days later and was called a covenant on its own. “And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even Ten Commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.” Deuteronomy 4:13. “And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.” Exodus 34:28

The Ten Commandments are the basis for God's everlasting Covenant. You often hear people say in their attempt to avoid loving obedience to their Creator, that the Old Testament Ten Commandments also had other laws that totalled 613 by traditional count. But this is definitely not so. “These words the LORD spoke unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.” Deuteronomy 5:22

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/old_and_new_covenants.html

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Contrary to the belief of many, the New Covenant does not abolish all the terms of the Old Covenant!

Both covenants include provisions for a sacrifice for sin, a priesthood serving in a tabernacle, obedience to God’s laws, and promised blessings from God. However, in each case, the changes in the New Covenant amplify the terms of the Old Covenant!

Under the Old Covenant, God presented the Israelites with two options and told them to “choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20). God offers that same choice today to those whom He calls into the New Covenant. What makes the New Covenant “new” is that it is a far better agreement than the one entered into at Mount Sinai.

Ultimately all humanity will have the opportunity to be part of the New Covenant. But if God is calling you to be part of that covenant now by helping you to understand His truth, you have a decision to make. Will you choose life—eternal life? The choice is up to you.

Millions have been taught that this Old Covenant was the Ten Commandment law. Many boast of being delivered from the law and claim to walk in freedom from this so called Old Testament covenant of works. Did the great moral law of Ten Commandments vanish away? Anyone who has read the New Testament must answer, absolutely not. Paul asked, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” Romans 3:31. Does the Bible contradict itself? Can something vanish away and be established at the same time? Just to be certain that Paul was not saying that the Old Covenant was the law, let's insert the words “Old Covenant” instead of the word “law” into Romans 3:31. “Do we than make void the Old Covenant through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Old Covenant.” That certainly does not make sense now does it? We know that the Old Covenant that vanished away could never be spoken of in this way. Thus we can see that the covenant which came to an end could not have been the Ten Commandments.

Many people have also failed to see that there was more than one covenant involved at Mount Sinai. God called Moses up into the mountain before He gave the law and proposed a covenant between Him and His people, “And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; ... if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me ... an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.” Exodus 19:3-6.

The Ten Commandment Covenant on the other hand was made three days later and was called a covenant on its own. “And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even Ten Commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.” Deuteronomy 4:13. “And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.” Exodus 34:28

The Ten Commandments are the basis for God's everlasting Covenant. You often hear people say in their attempt to avoid loving obedience to their Creator, that the Old Testament Ten Commandments also had other laws that totalled 613 by traditional count. But this is definitely not so. “These words the LORD spoke unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.” Deuteronomy 5:22

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/old_and_new_covenants.html

Wrong again! The ten commandments are the old covenant.  So the bible says. You need to blow the dust off your bible ha ha.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Just woke up......looks like it has been a busy day.playing catch-up again here. I’ll try to respond to the false allegations and all the ignored things I have already posted when I get caught up.Meanwhile be sure to “ love God and live as you please “