• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

3:12-18 It is the duty of the ministers of the gospel to use great plainness, or clearness, of speech. The Old Testament believers had only cloudy and passing glimpses of that glorious Saviour, and unbelievers looked no further than to the outward institution. But the great precepts of the gospel, believe, love, obey, are truths stated as clearly as possible. And the whole doctrine of Christ crucified, is made as plain as human language can make it. Those who lived under the law, had a veil upon their hearts. This veil is taken away by the doctrines of the Bible about Christ. When any person is converted to God, then the veil of ignorance is taken away. The condition of those who enjoy and believe the gospel is happy, for the heart is set at liberty to run the ways of God's commandments. 

And Matthew Henry Commentary does not teach the new testament Christian needs to keep the seventh day Sabbath. In 1 John it says this my commandment that you believe in the name of Jesus and that you love one another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Because the law can not make us perfect .   ONLY JESUS CAN.   the whole of what you said is absolute truth.

but lets continue with the second part of why JESUS was on the cross.    That we being made DEAD to sin , should LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I guarantee us all, that not one single saying or action JESUS DID or taught Transgresses the law , IT FULLFILLS IT

thus those who are truly in Christ Have the righteousness of the law fulfilled in themselves by HIS SPIRIT .  That spirit knows NO lawlessness ONLY FULLFILLMENT of the law

Rightly divided fulfilled so as all who follow THE LAW OF CHRIST given us by the HOLY SPIRIT look not to the law for salvation , only to be justified by faith IN CHRIST ALONE.

But I warn us all  if your version of grace allows the law to be transgressed ,made void,  ITS NOT GRACE .

will worship JESUS MADE CLEAR , thus days , meats and drinks pertain to the conscious of whoever .  not to be used as  salvational issues

and not to judge those who eat not , drink not either.    But making void things that pertain to RIGHTEOUSNESS in the law IS A LIE .

an example of making the law void by grace is this.      Some say being gay is not a sin, cause its in the old test and we aint under the law

SO they transgress make void the law .   OOPSY do we make void the law through grace. GOD FORBID.

and here is something real scary....................we cant pick what to make void or not .     JESUS is not the minister of lawlessness,   SATAN IS.

so while I do not look to justified by anything in the law,  by grace I simply walk in the law of Christ which transgresses not the law but automatically would fullfill

it on our hearts .    While days meats and drinks are to each his own,  RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT .   we omit not the law nor make it void by grace, that is a license to sin

and that is false as heck.      IF we truly follow JESUS, the spirit ,  then we wont fulfill the lusts of the flesh, AND IF any does err, correct asap.

Look the Christian does not have to keep days or times. They don't have to be circumcised. They don't have to wear tassels. The laws given to Israel was for Israel. Certain moral laws would still apply. But not in a legalistic way. Like Adultery is a sin for a Christian. But a Christian would adhere to that because they belong to Christ. Not because they have to fulfill the law. Be careful you don't put yourself under law. Then your not under grace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Why are you given me a test? I have ask the seventh day people there church org. And they hide it If I was a SDA  I would not hide it. Like you could tell me what org you follow or attend. Just to know what you hold to.

If you believe and teach you have to keep the seventh day Sabbath for salvation. Then you are a false teacher. Truly Sabbath keeping is not a condition for salvation.

meats drinks days.      Let each be fully persuaded in their own mind.    That is simple enough.   

Let neither side judge or condmen the other on these issues.     PEOPLE just be fully persuaded in your own mind on this matter.

53 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Look the Christian does not have to keep days or times. They don't have to be circumcised. They don't have to wear tassels. The laws given to Israel was for Israel. Certain moral laws would still apply. But not in a legalistic way. Like Adultery is a sin for a Christian. But a Christian would adhere to that because they belong to Christ. Not because they have to fulfill the law. Be careful you don't put yourself under law. Then your not under grace.

View closely what I say about meats drinks and days.   And I don't point to the law but to JESUS

in fact on another thread several attacked me for quoating JESUS on remarriage.   Many HERE on this site are walkng n willfull sin and thinking they have JESUS sacrifice over them.

THEY WRONG.    DEAD WRONG.    I often preach JESUS sayings like no self defense , not to resist the evil

not to swear,  about remarriage,  about a whole lot of other things he said, and I GET ATTACKED as being legalistic for this TOO.   WE GOT BAD PROBLEMS.

IF we want to KNOW how to walk In RIGHTEOUSNESS and that WE FOLLOW JESUS,   OPEN THEM BIBLES RIGHT THIS INSTANT

READ what he calls evil , what he says to do and not to do.  AND DONT ANYONE EVER ,  EVER twist or omit IT EVER AGAIN on my watch.

Enough is enough.    WE want to see IF ITS JESUS we follow.  THEN LETS EXAMINE .   EXAMINATION TIME and I bet either most wont answer

or will still call me legalistic  or try to omit something JESUS said.  ENOUGH is enough.   TIME TO FIND OUT WHO WE BEEN FOLLOWING

has it been men OR JESUS.   many will fail this test I bring and instead of repenting THEY WILL JUSTIFY WHY they break JESUS OWN SAYINGS.

WELL that will be on them.    I warned and have done about all I can for some .   

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I am not under the law.   But we are UNDER CHRIST .   I wish people had never sat under them false prophets .   

IF we would have just truly followed CHRIST we would see,   He gave us many things TO OBEY .  and we are servants to whom we obey. 

The early church sure was big on DO , IF YOU DO THESE THINGS

this today is called legalism.   SORRY WICKED MEN Of satan did this .   Well its time to FOLLOW JESUS or perish many will.  

WORK out your own salvation , obey the SPIRIT has become LEGALISM .

TO not make void or transgress the law has become legalism.

To OBEY JESUS SAYINGS and KEEP THEM has become legalism.     THIS GENERATION IS DOOMED.  but not on my watch.  I am going to keep on by the SPIRIT

warning and reminding all and provoking all to do good and NOT EVIL .     Don't care who hates me for this    , heck maybe even a few of them LORD WILLING I pray will later repent.

BUT I AM FULLY PERSAUDED and can no man, no angel, nothing move me off the COURSE IN JESUS , IT WONT BE DONE FOR GOD IS WITH HIS OWN and HE IS OUR STRENGTH.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Butero said:

I think everyone pretty much knows the different sides of this debate.  I see no reason to keep beating a dead horse and fighting another holy war over this subject.  When I give a position on any topic, my reason is not to condemn anyone to hell, but to simply tell them what the Bible instructs.  If they want to obey scripture or disobey scripture, that is between them and God.  Jesus Christ is the final judge, not me.  I can't judge someone to heaven or hell.  I wasn't given that authority, and neither was anyone else besides Jesus Christ.  We have the instructions in the Bible to go by and we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  The only thing I really took issue with was having people be called legalists for simply stating what the Bible teaches on a subject, when the matter is clear.  They were called legalists for defending scripture. 

It would be like having a person come in here saying they saw this watch they wanted but couldn't afford, so they stole it, knowing that we are under grace and stealing is not an unpardonable sin.  Another person comes along and says you can't steal and be right in the sight of God because God says, "thou shalt not steal," and the thief calls that person a legalist.  That is no different than what happened over the divorce and re-marriage argument.  Legalism is whatever you want it to be.  The anti-legalism message today is heresy.  I understand the appeal it has, and why people cling to it, and I understand that nothing I can say will change some people's minds, so I will try to leave it with that. 

I still would like to see where Missmuffet was called a legalist for not supporting President Trump.  I never saw it, and I want to know who would make such a claim.  I do support the President, but I would never call someone a legalist for not doing so.  As a matter of fact, I don't use the unbiblical term ever, except to come against it.  If it occurred, I will side with her on that and say that doesn't make her a legalist.  It is disappointing, given that Trump has done a good job, but it is not legalism.  

Well I have said enough.    As for miss muffet being called a legalist for not supporting trump.  That has to be a joke.    I voted for not a one of them.  and

aint even looked back once with an ounce of regret .    KEEP testing trump , butero.   you test him like a diabetic does his blood sugar , often

cause appearances are not as they seem.    ME ,  I believe n being a full out supporter of my nation , its army

BUT since my kingdom is not of this world but of heaven.   MY weapons are not carnal ,   but spiritual, my food is not mens ideals, BUT JESUS SAYINGS

and who ever hates me for my constant reminders of those sayings.   That is on them.   I can only warn and pray for others.    But that I will do till the last breath seeps out these lungs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Butero,  I just wanted to say you loved brother , and I don't care what the POPE or others say about ya, I loves ya .

PS.   If the pope were to praise ya ,   then would I worry for you.   Be blessed. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t believe a person is a legalists for wanting to live a life of obedience....that desire came from the Holy Spirit......I have that desire.......That desire did not save me......it does not keep me saved......Salvation comes from believing Paul’s Gospel......after that my desires were changed.Insisting that an obedient life brings salvation or an obedient life “ keeps one saved is where the line is crossed into legalism.I am a free man in Christ who does a pretty good job of living an obedient life and is not the least bit concerned about it . Maybe that is the secret.....Trusting God

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

8 hours ago, John Robinson said:

The SDAs (and others) seem to have infected Worthy, starting thread after thread after world-without-end thread here. I wonder how many people have been driven off this site because of it? I confess I'm about one hair away from going myself.

To paraphrase Reese in the Terminator, they "can't be bargained with ... can't be reasoned with. [They] don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and [they] absolutely will not stop... ever" sowing their awful seeds of a works-based salvation here and elsewhere.

It's sad, really.

John...please don’t give in to the temptation to abandon this site.....somebody must put up the good fight against weak and mislead Believers that an on-watching world is witnessing.I believe that these legalists perform a vital function,albeit an unwitting one—-think how much good doctrine is revealed in these debates.Newbies to the faith will encounter these legalistic types eventually among their friends and relatives.This is a good place for them to see the true side of our faith. May God forgive me, but I enjoy it on a certain level...To me it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.Time to pick up that shotgun , John. Lol

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Butero.....I found your response puzzling....could you expand,please?