Unwavering Faith

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Clearly there have been many prominent Christians post the writing of Revelation. Just curious if there is a reason why the writing of the Bible stopped? This may be a silly question. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

There was nothing more to add.  Scripture takes us from the creation, through the history of how and why God would come to us and save us from ourselves.  It contains all methods to proceed through life in a manner pleasing to God, how to deal with any and all situations we will face, and lets us know how it will end, and what to look for as the day approaches.  Most importantly, it points us to our Savior.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

There was nothing more to add.  Scripture takes us from the creation, through the history of how and why God would come to us and save us from ourselves.  It contains all methods to proceed through life in a manner pleasing to God, how to deal with any and all situations we will face, and lets us know how it will end, and what to look for as the day approaches.  Most importantly, it points us to our Savior.

God bless

You're right, I see, the Bible does seem complete. It takes us from creation to our salvation in Jesus. Probably could've ended with any of the Gospels and still been complete. Although it was nice to see what was going on with Christians in the years after the Resurrection 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

45 minutes ago, Unwavering Faith said:

Clearly there have been many prominent Christians post the writing of Revelation. Just curious if there is a reason why the writing of the Bible stopped? This may be a silly question. 

I haven't come across too many silly questions in my day.  This is definitely NOT a silly question.  In fact, it's quite a logical question.

The answer?  In my mind.....

• When the guys back in the day canonized the scriptures - that is pulling from many books/letters that which were only inspired by God and was in agreement with each other - they agreed it to be a closed book.  It has a definite chronological beginning, Genesis 1:1 and a definite chronological ending, Revelation 22:21.  The rest in between is not always chronological but in categories.  History, poetry, prophetic literature, .....  To them, it was final and complete.
  • The authors of the New Testament were men that either knew/called by Jesus Christ personally, were his half-brothers, or went on missionary trips with those who knew/called by Jesus. John, in writing the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ while exiled on the island of Patmos, was a VERY old man.  Everyone who knew Jesus or had missionary journeys with people who knew Jesus were dead.

To me, with the Bible ending with the Revelation of Jesus Christ about the messages to the churches and the explanation of the end times, there is nothing else inspired by God to BE revealed.  There is nothing left for God to say and human beings to print.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Unwavering Faith said:

It is actually a very very very serious issue today, and has been for about 2000 years.

"Whoever ADDS to YHVH'S WORD,  to him will be added ALL the PLAGUES ...."

See what happened with the one world religion cult that ADDED millions of pages of tradition,  over-riding YHVH'S WORD, replacing it with the doctrines and practices of demons and of men  ?   (deceiving billions of souls so they are lost, and not satisfied with that,  seeking to drag down everyone else also,  leaving no one un-touched by their evil )

So,  yes,  a very good question....

• This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It is actually a very very very serious issue today, and has been for about 2000 years.

"Whoever ADDS to YHVH'S WORD,  to him will be added ALL the PLAGUES ...."

See what happened with the one world religion cult that ADDED millions of pages of tradition,  over-riding YHVH'S WORD, replacing it with the doctrines and practices of demons and of men  ?   (deceiving billions of souls so they are lost, and not satisfied with that,  seeking to drag down everyone else also,  leaving no one un-touched by their evil )

So,  yes,  a very good question....

Well I don't think that now, it being over 2000 years since the last word was written in the Bible would be a good time to add anything to it, and be believed and allowed anyway lol.

22 minutes ago, Unwavering Faith said:

Well I don't think that now, it being over 2000 years since the last word was written in the Bible would be a good time to add anything to it, and be believed and allowed anyway lol.

The danger your soul is in, according to God as Revealed By Him and His Word,  is very real, and far worse than beyond the wildest imagination.   Return to God's Word,  and Trust God.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The danger your soul is in, according to God as Revealed By Him and His Word,  is very real, and far worse than beyond the wildest imagination.   Return to God's Word,  and Trust God.

I am in God's word and I read everyday. I was just asking a question lol. I don't want to add anything to it

Edited by Unwavering Faith
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Unwavering Faith said:

I am in God's word and I read everyday. I was just asking a question lol

You didn't accept what God says in His Word .  Instead,  you showed that you wanted to approve, or would like to approve, adding to God's Word >>

27 minutes ago, Unwavering Faith said:

If you add to His Word,  if anyone adds to His Word,  and if anyone goes along with it,  God Says In His Word that He will add all the plagues in His Word to their lives. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

38 minutes ago, Unwavering Faith said:

Wow........simplejeff is right.........and the word of God IS being added to now, and that is why the western evangelical church is also filling up with plagues.