amarielmaxi

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What are valid reasons or exceptions for divorce? Biblical references with your points would be great! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

In the world , there are often many,  and easy to obtain.

In Christ Jesus,  not so.

Using anything from the Bible to try to justify something God Says He Hates is not right. (many churches do that though)

If someone is not willing to DO as God Says though,  God won't coerce them - He releases them/ doesn't hold them to HIs covenant/,  albeit with His Own Righteous Indignation at all the wickednesses on earth daily - soon to be judged , final time. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, amarielmaxi said:

What are valid reasons or exceptions for divorce? Biblical references with your points would be great! 

Matthew 19:3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” 7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” 8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

I Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband 11 (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. 16 For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, amarielmaxi said:

There are really only two reasons that the Bible states one can be divorced:

1. Sexual immorality/adultery 

2. Desertion/abandonment 

Personally I feel like many things fall into that 2nd category but I will withhold my comments on it to prevent a forum war ... 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

In the world , there are often many,  and easy to obtain.

In Christ Jesus,  not so.

Well, let's see about that shall we from scripture. 

"And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery." (Mat 19:9 NKJ)

Now, those are the words of Jesus and note the exception clause he makes very clear! 

Using anything from the Bible to try to justify something God Says He Hates is not right. (many churches do that though)

And yet God issues a certificate of divorce himself,  "Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also." (Jer 3:8 NKJ) I'm afraid it isn't as simple as 'God hates divorce...end of.' Sadly this is one area where too often tradition (usually based on Victorian morality) has replaced careful exegesis on the subject. Yes God hates divorce, yes every divorce involves human failure and human sin, but Jesus himself justifies divorce in the case of sexual immorality his words are clear! 

If someone is not willing to DO as God Says though,  God won't coerce them - He releases them/ doesn't hold them to HIs covenant/,  albeit with His Own Righteous Indignation at all the wickednesses on earth daily - soon to be judged , final time. 

I'm not sure of the relevance to the question at hand :D

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, amarielmaxi said:

There are two biblical reasons for divorce. One is infidelity and the other is if an unbeliever leaves. Other wise if you get a divorce it is not biblical. That means if you remarry you will be committing adultery. Abuse is a necessary reason for divorce. But if you know that person you are marrying very well and a born again Christian is marrying a born again Christian there will not be abuse.

Note that those are greek/ western thought (not true Biblical) reasons  (supporting what YHVH hates) ,  and they are opposed to actual meaning of Scripture, as compared to "no divorce" as Jesus grants the ekklesia to understand it.

47 minutes ago, Reformed Baptist said:

I'm not sure of the relevance to the question at hand

As noted concerning greek/ western thoughts and ideas VS YHVH'S Understanding .   Listen to YHVH / Shepherd Jesus/ seeking YHVH'S KINGDOM , which is so very different,  and keep listening.....  keep seeking.....   HE is our only hope to truly understand,  and it is not usually as quick as anyone would like it to be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

As noted concerning greek/ western thoughts and ideas VS YHVH'S Understanding .   Listen to YHVH / Shepherd Jesus/ seeking YHVH'S KINGDOM , which is so very different,  and keep listening.....  keep seeking.....   HE is our only hope to truly understand,  and it is not usually as quick as anyone would like it to be.

Interesting, are you suggesting that Jesus didn't say 'except for sexual immorality' ?

I can only assume you must believe some Greek/ western thinker must have inserted it in the text at the later date - I wounder if you would be willing to share the textual data for such an assumption not just in relation to Matt 19:9 but also in relation to Matt 5:32?

29 minutes ago, Reformed Baptist said:

Interesting, are you suggesting that Jesus didn't say 'except for sexual immorality' ?

I can only assume you must believe some Greek/ western thinker must have inserted it in the text at the later date - I wounder if you would be willing to share the textual data for such an assumption not just in relation to Matt 19:9 but also in relation to Matt 5:32?

On sites/ places/ where basic greek and western thought has predominated for centuries,  I found it is impossible to bring understanding.

It was (and remains) a miracle of YHVH'S Grace if anyone (including me) learns His Way, according to His Revealing.

Thus, for everyone and anyone seeking YHVH'S Grace and His Kingdom, His Way,  continue to seek Him personally, often, daily,  and He will reveal the Truth , as HE PROMISES,  completely true to His Word,  and completely in Harmony with all of His Word,  and no contradictions,

and no supporting what He Himself Says in His Word (even in english bibles) that He Hates.