• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, Jayne said:

To me, that begs the question.....why?

Good question.  It is the source of much speculation and much error. (mostly because the rest of God's Word is ignored also, when errors are 'popular' )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

54 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

The comma, for example, was introduced as late as the ninth century

Then try this exercise out.  Truly I say to you yesterday, you will be with me in Paradise.   Truly I say to you tomorrow, you will be with me in Paradise.  It is nonsensical, and this is why you cannot produce one scripture where the phrase "truly I say to you" is followed with a time designation.  It is also a clumsy handling of a language that still exists, and which the world as we know it derived a lot of useful information in multiple areas.  Those who want to move the comma, simply display that they do not know Greek at all other than from a book.  No fluency translates to confusion.  This again is why you will find not one translation from a Greek scholar placing the comma anywhere other than where it appears, because it belongs there in English.  When I read it in Greek it means exactly what it says in English.

It is also a matter of the reliability of scripture, and a flawed thinking that man can thwart God's ability to preserve and deliver His word as intended.

God bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus after His earthly ministry resumed His Office of Deity And thus was omnipresent. 

Your's is a pet doctrine of Jehovah Witnesses, are you or were you taught JW?

I'm not a JW....

i just believe what the Bible says

The Trinity: There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. 

The Sabbath: The beneficent Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God's unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God's kingdom. The Sabbath is God's perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God's creative and redemptive acts. (Gen. 2:1-3; Ex. 20:8-11; Luke 4:16; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Matt. 12:1-12; Ex. 31:13-17; Eze. 20:12, 20; Deut. 5:12-15; Heb. 4:1-11; Lev. 23:32; Mark 1:32.)
  • Praise God! 1

I had a friend that was a JW years ago, it didn't make sense to me

im a Christian and believe in JC

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

10 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

There were some jw's years ago who believed what the Bible says clearly,  better than most visitors here. (random people from the world).

When the jw leaders and their family found out that the ones who believed the Bible were truly saved,  they kicked them out.  

This happens a lot (or a little)  in the world in many religions, including catholicism.  There can be believers in almost any group,  for a time or even longer maybe,  but once they get "found out"  by leaders who are not accepting of salvation by faith in Jesus,  the believers get shunned from the group or executed even (in parts of the world).

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

There were some jw's years ago who believed what the Bible says clearly,  better than most visitors here. (random people from the world).

When the jw leaders and their family found out that the ones who believed the Bible were truly saved,  they kicked them out.  

This happens a lot (or a little)  in the world in many religions, including catholicism.  There can be believers in almost any group,  for a time or even longer maybe,  but once they get "found out"  by leaders who are not accepting of salvation by faith in Jesus,  the believers get shunned from the group or executed even (in parts of the world).

That's unfortunate 

i was raised Methodist and now belong to a SDA church

25 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

I don't dislike her or think any less of her, those are her beliefs 

i just try to make sense of things the best way possible for myself 

if that makes sense 

4 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

That's unfortunate 

i was raised Methodist and now belong to a SDA church

Why would you say it is unfortunate ?   The saved ones got delivered from the false ones.  If they had been permitted to stay,  they most likely would have ended up promoting the false teachings again, or just supporting the false teachings by being there ....

So it is GOOD when YHVH delivers His Saved Ones out of the hands of the wicked  !

btw, here's another testimony/ true examples as far as known -  of Christians in name only persecuting true Christians in their own church:

https://biblicalproof.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/do-you-have-bloody-hands/

"Having been weaned on the Word of God at a very young age, and the son of a gospel preacher,

I can tell you horror stories that befall those who stand up for the truth.

Tales like, preaching against a one elder church, and being asked to move the next day in the middle of winter.

Stories like, preaching against adultery, knowing full well that the woman who held the purse strings of the church was living in open adultery, and being told to shut up, or get out by her henchmen.

The saddest time as a child I recall is when the oldest of two elders had died, and the youngest elder who despised my dad for preaching against his riotous children, came just a week before the Christmas holidays firing him without warning.

Paul warned that the time would come when men would not endure sound doctrine, but having itching ears, would heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts and be turned away from the truth and turned to fables. 2 Tim 4:3,4

Evangelists and elders are constantly at grips with this tendency. They must warn people whether they want to be warned or not."

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Why would you say it is unfortunate ?   The saved ones got delivered from the false ones.  If they had been permitted to stay,  they most likely would have ended up promoting the false teachings again, or just supporting the false teachings by being there ....

So it is GOOD when YHVH delivers His Saved Ones out of the hands of the wicked  !

Because they got kicked out

they were shunned 

possibly in their home towns

it was probably horrible for them