• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

You prove it by your comments. 

That's cause you can't prove me wrong. Like many Protestants I have met your so centered on hate for the Catholic Church, which has practically blinded you to any form of reason.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

54 minutes ago, Davida said:

Oh come now, that is balony , do we need to bring in the quotes of the false Mary dogma that has been taught  by the Popes? Do you think GOD only minds if it is an image of the Buddha  or Quan Yin??  It is All idol worship and false gods or goddesses. 

Lol!  we should just put this stuff in a pdf 's so we don't have to rewrite it every time another RC comes defending the heretical  teachings of the Roman Catholic church. 

Lol, you cannot claim what i have said is balony. Why? Because i am a Catholic and i know who i am praying to! God knows who i am praying to!

You are judging rashly. With no knowledge of Catholicism.

Edited by Goldie

Everyone was Catholic begore the reformation, when, Luther split the church, of which, he had many regrets in later life!

The Catholic church still sails strong. Yes, on stormy waters. But, Jesus is at the helm! Yes! He is! All the 1,000 of protestant churches are rowing against the tide without a rudder! They jumped ship when the seas got too rough for them!

Edited by Goldie

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Goldie said:

No. Only to 'YOU'. The saints offer prayers up for everyone. Look at Revelation:

Revelation 5:8 

And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints;

Those are not saints.  Those are elders in Heaven.  That is not the so-called "saints" of the RCC.   Don't kid yourself.  That is a very weak way to support a doctrine.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Mishael said:

Then Jesus and many of the prophets were idolaters for praying in temples with images, at least according to your definition.

They did not pray TO images and those images did not represent any OT characters that had passed away, so your comparison is invalid.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I just don't really understand this continual insistence of folks who say Catholics (and Orthodox) worship Mary or the Saints. No Catholic (or Orthodox) in their right mind would do that. Worshiping a creature is a mortal sin in Catholicism and an equally extreme sin in Eastern Orthodoxy. 

Catholics and Orthodox love and honor Mary and the saints just like you would love or honor your mother, George Washington, or MLK. Besides, Christ loved his mother with his whole heart. I don't think you can love Mary more than Christ did. 

Catholics and Orthodox do not pray to statues. They pray to the people the statues represent. Praying to a Crucifix does not mean praying to the physical wooden components. It is merely praying to Christ who died on the Cross. It is more of a reminder. 

And praying is not worshiping. Praying is merely asking another person to pray for you to Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Those are not saints.  Those are elders in Heaven.  That is not the so-called "saints" of the RCC.   Don't kid yourself.  That is a very weak way to support a doctrine.

Elders held the bowls of incense which are the prayers of the Saints. 

Differentiate between those Saints and the 'Catholic' Saints?

Your rebuttal is very weak.

Guest shiloh357
34 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Elders held the bowls of incense which are the prayers of the Saints. 

Differentiate between those Saints and the 'Catholic' Saints?

Your rebuttal is very weak.

You haven't proven that they are "saints."  You are assuming something about those elders not in Scripture.

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LOL, they may have jumped ship when they saw it was on a disaster course beating AGAINST the ROCK.

Luther didn't split the Church, he simply wanted to see it get back to a Scriptural foundation rather than be adrift on the traditions of man.

What he started, split the church. Simples.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You haven't proven that they are "saints."  You are assuming something about those elders not in Scripture.

The 'Elders' held the bowls.

Read it properly.