• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/2005

How are Catholics different and what are some myths about them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

They bow down to and pray to statues.  They pray to dead people.  They don't allow priests to marry.   They believe that traditions and old wives tales are from God and are more reliable than the Holy Bible.  They include books and parts of books in the Old Testament that have proven to contain lies or be false.. People in the Old Testament who did this were stoned to death.  They believe that when you partake of the Lord's Supper you are drinking Christs real blood and eating His flesh.  Many Catholics are not Christians because they think when a baby is sprinkled that makes them a born again Christian.   They think that the way they remain Christians is to have the rest of the sacrements performed over them as well.  They think dead people must suffer in purgatory to be cleansed of their sins before they can go to heaven.  

True Christians must believe in Christ, depend on and rely upon Him to become a Christian.  They believe in following Him by faith all their lives, instead of depending on their church.  Some Catholics do these things out of faith, trusting in Christ and not their church.

I don't know any myths.  I do know Catholics who believe that wooden statues can heal people when they pray to them.  I also know Catholics who pray to their dead relative and think their dead relatives talk to them. 

• Well Said! 2