IGNORED

Catholic Idolatry

KiwiChristian

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Is even quoting from a RCC website in violation of this Protestant dominated forums.

And yet you chose to ignore the TOS twice?

The early Christians had no New Testament to which they could appeal; they learned from oral, rather than written, instruction. Until relatively recent times, the Bible was inaccessible to most people, either because they could not read or because the printing press had not been invented. All these people learned from oral instruction, passed down, generation to generation, by the Church. Most theology and understanding of the faith is not derived solely from the Bible either, infact the sole use of the Bible is so we can be helped to believe Jesus is the Messiah.

That doesn't answer the question.  Can you show me ONE statement of Jesus or Paul contained in RCC tradition from any time period that is not recorded in the Bible?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

It's all weak justifications and excuses given for worshipping Mary  because of the extra-biblical teachings & iindoctrination you have been exposed to.  

I haven't been exposed to anything I was raised as a Muslim in a country where sculptures are declared forbidden. I chose this doctrine, if its a weak justification then prove me wrong. Your arrogance is one of the most unChristian things I've ever seen in my life.

Edited by Mishael
  • Praying! 1

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

The problem is the RCC and the Orthodox strays from GOD's Word and practices Idolatry.  Their Popes and Priests has lead their people away from God's scriptures  into believing and practicing Religious man- made Dogmas & False doctrines about "mary" etc.... that GO against what the Bible teaches.  Unfortunately those that follow the RCC or the Orhodox are brainwashed  by their Priests and so they  don't believe the Bible.  Much like the Jews who followed the Pharisees and ignored their scriptures as Jesus Kept reminding them. 

You still can't prove me wrong. By the way you guys can't even prove to me your doctrine of Sola Scriptura from the Bible itself.

Edited by Mishael

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Well, apparently you have been exposed to false teachings  & have an incorrect understanding of the Bible because you justify worship of Mary posting catholic links and you think that the Bible Scripture which IS the Word of GOD doesn't articulate and FORBID exactly that.

Refute my refutation of Sola Scriptura then.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

You don't believe in the Bible Mish - so how can you- get it?  

Are you a Muslim then?  how do you describe your religious beliefs?

I'm an eastern Christian not officially catholic or orthodox.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And yet you chose to ignore the TOS twice?

That doesn't answer the question.  Can you show me ONE statement of Jesus or Paul contained in RCC tradition from any time period that is not recorded in the Bible?

Don't know how that really proves anything. If your attempting to say that there is no statement of Jesus or Paul not recorded in the Bible, I believe I answered the question, the writings of Paul and the sayings of Jesus Christ are to help us believe in him not derive doctrine or theology from.

Edited by Mishael

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm happy for you for that Mish!  where in the east ?

I follow the Eastern rites and the traditions of the eastern churches while neither belonging to either the Catholic bodies or Orthodox bodies for now at least.

38 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus often quoted Scripture saying "It is written" not to help later generations but to address his immediate audience whether adversarial or disciples.

And his words to his audience in his present time were meant to also guide and help future generations. Again it doesn't prove the title of Sola Scriptura.

Guest shiloh357
55 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Don't know how that really proves anything. If your attempting to say that there is no statement of Jesus or Paul not recorded in the Bible, I believe I answered the question, the writings of Paul and the sayings of Jesus Christ are to help us believe in him not derive doctrine or theology from.

That is false.  We do derive our theology from them.  The writings of Paul and the Gospels are the cornerstone of Christian theology.

The fact is that the church is founded on teachings of Jesus and Paul and neither of their teachings are extant outside of the Bible. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

When a Catholic kneels to pray, in front of a Crucifix, a statue of Mary or even a Saint, they are NOT praying to the item in front of them. NO!

Dont you think God knows their heart? Their soul? Their prayer?

God knows they are not worshipping a statue etc. Myself, i dont pray to a Crucifix! Or a statue. God knows my heart.

Was not Moses instructed to make a serpent so that people could turn to it in prayer? Not 'TO' the serpant. But to God!

God knows the heart of everyone. Catholics included. He knows why we have a Crucifix or a statue. He knows that nobody in the Catholic church prays 'to' a statue etc. 

Judge not what you 'THINK' you see!