KiwiChristian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't say Jesus is the only one sinless when it says Christ is the only way to to eternal life it's not because he's just sinless he was both God and Man had the both natures.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

When the angel Gabriel was sent to Mary by the Father, he greeted her, "Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). When Mary visited Elizabeth, Elizabeth exclaimed, "Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb" (Luke 1:41-42). So here we have the first part of the Hail Mary. St. Bernardine added the name of Jesus, clarifying who the fruit of her womb is.

The second part is in response to the first, asking Mary to pray for us and addressing her as the mother of God. Of course, Elizabeth addressed her in much the same way: “Why should I be honored with a visit from the mother of my Lord?" (Luke 1:43).

Since Gabriel's words were at the request of God, those words were actually God's words. So we are honored to repeat them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Mishael said:

Doesn't say Jesus is the only one sinless when it says Christ is the only way to to eternal life it's not because he's just sinless he was both God and Man had the both natures.

Heb 4:14-16
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
KJV

Nowhere in The Bible does sinless perfection exist other than 'Jesus' and this acute apex lies in Jesus' own claim 
John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV
2 hours ago, Mishael said:

When the angel Gabriel was sent to Mary by the Father, he greeted her, "Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). When Mary visited Elizabeth, Elizabeth exclaimed, "Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb" (Luke 1:41-42). So here we have the first part of the Hail Mary. St. Bernardine added the name of Jesus, clarifying who the fruit of her womb is.

The second part is in response to the first, asking Mary to pray for us and addressing her as the mother of God. Of course, Elizabeth addressed her in much the same way: “Why should I be honored with a visit from the mother of my Lord?" (Luke 1:43).

Since Gabriel's words were at the request of God, those words were actually God's words. So we are honored to repeat them.

The announcement of The Savior is central to this praise through out ... The focal point of all eternity shall be The Creator 'Jesus' and not the created... to worship the created is what satan wanted!  

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

12 hours ago, Adstar said:

Why did you start this in the outer court ?

Sorry. mistake

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mishael said:

When the angel Gabriel was sent to Mary by the Father, he greeted her, "Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28). When

Rubbish.

I've searched through many different translations of the mainstream bible for 'full of grace', and nowhere is Mary called that. She is told by the angel that she is 'favoured by god', or has 'found favour in god's eyes'. So? David was favoured in god's eyes. At one time Saul was favoured in God's eyes. Samuel was favoured in God's eyes. All Christians are favoured in God's eyes. Luke 1:18 "kai eiselthōn pros autēn eipen kecharitōmenē Kyrios meta sou eulogēmenē sy en gynaixin"

The phrase, "full of grace," in Greek is "plaras karitos," and it occurs in only two places in the New Testament. Neither one is in reference to Mary.

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth," (John 1:14).

"And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people," (Acts 6:8).

The first citation refers to Jesus who is obviously full of grace. Jesus is God in flesh, the crucified and risen Lord, who cleanses us from our sins. In the second citation, it is Stephen who is full of grace.  We can certainly affirm that Jesus was conceived without sin and remained sinless, but can we conclude this about Stephen as well? Certainly not. The phrase, "full of grace," does not necessitate sinlessness by virtue of its use. In Stephen's case it signifies that he was "full of the Spirit and of wisdom" along with faith and the Holy Spirit (Acts 6:3, 5). But Stephen was a sinner. Nevertheless, where does the phrase "full of grace" come from regarding Mary?

7 hours ago, Mishael said:

So here we have the first part of the Hail Mary. St. Bernardine added the name of Jesus, clarifying who the fruit of her womb is.

My friend, i could take words out of the Bible and make a prayer about satan and by your reckoning, it would be "Biblical".

Please, lets get back to the topic of idols.

8 hours ago, Mishael said:

https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-institution-of-the-mass

https://www.catholic.com/tract/mary-mother-of-god

This refuted all your links and about the papacy I'm not a Catholic so I can't argue for the Pope and Papacy.

We can post links refuting your links, it will get us nowhere.

Please, either discuss it ( rather than just post links ) or dont comment.

10 hours ago, Mishael said:

Is that why there are 40000 Protestant sects and each claim to be right? Protestants have only continued in their hate and apostasy throughout history and have continued moving further away. By the way you didn't refute anything I said and also the Bible does not claim to be the Sole Authority anywhere.

That is a complete lie, my friend.

Please list them. 40,000.

Please note that the NAME of a building does NOT name a "denomination".

Also, dont forget there are many catholic "sects" or "denominations".

And, this thread is NOT about the sole authority of the Bible, but on idolatry.

Edited by KiwiChristian

PLEASE, my friends.

Lets stay on topic.

IDOLATRY

On 2/19/2018 at 1:13 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

You have no credibility when addressing these kinds of issues.  Your denomination follows the same works-based salvation system as the Catholic church.  The works themselves are different, but the concept in both churches is the same:  It is the works that save you, not Jesus.  You can't condemn the Catholic church with any credibility as long as you also follow a doctrine of salvation-by-works.

You also cannot condemn the Catholic church as long as you are attending a church that supports abortion.

Judging much?

What IS his/her denomination?

On 2/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, Wayne222 said:

There are true Christians in the Catholic church. I know a lot of what they do is not biblical. But the SDA Is not biblical as well. When the true Antichrist appears he will not be a pope but a Muslim more then likely.

Absolutely.

There can be Christians in ANY denomination or cult.

They will be Christian DESPITE their religion or cult, not BECAUSE of it.