• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Please pray ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5392559/Multiple-victims-Florida-school-shooting.html

BREAKING NEWS: Student member of the JROTC 'shoots up to 50' at Florida high school leaving 'many dead' after going on a rampage before being taken into custody a mile from the scene following dramatic showdown with SWAT

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

What I have noticed is that there is virtually no attention being given on the vast number of deliberate killings of cops this past week. Im not blaming anyone on worthy for ignoring it, but except for a buried passing mention in the media, almost no one has even noticed that there have been multiple shootings of cops across the country this past week, with multiple cop fatalities at some of them. Just today in chicago, a police commander was killed at a govt building, I think a courthouse. While this killing in florida is without question a terrible tragedy, I am sure the media will get all upset and demand gun control laws etc while ignoring how cops are being targeted.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

What I have noticed is that there is virtually no attention being given on the vast number of deliberate killings of cops this past week. Im not blaming anyone on worthy for ignoring it, but except for a buried passing mention in the media, almost no one has even noticed that there have been multiple shootings of cops across the country this past week, with multiple cop fatalities at some of them. Just today in chicago, a police commander was killed at a govt building, I think a courthouse. While this killing in florida is without question a terrible tragedy, I am sure the media will get all upset and demand gun control laws etc while ignoring how cops are being targeted.

Wow-that I didn't know and you're right as this would be a good excuse for them to take gun control..

I never heard anything in the news about it, I was on the phone with our daughter when she saw about the shooting in the news, she's a teacher , those things are always very hard on her, it's terrible what happened ..again :(

50 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What is also sad about the Fla. shooting is that there were many warning signs that went unheeded.

What were the warnings Yown?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Supposedly he was told not to bring a backpack to school, because of anything he could have hidden in it. 

He had been kicked out of multiple schools. 

He had posted pictures on facebook of himself and weapons. 

He had made threats about shooting people. 

His brother has severe behavioral problems just like he does.

Along with what yowm said, there were plenty of warning signs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Steve_S and I were talking in a PM last night about school shootings as a trend. I happened to run across an article this morning by coincidence, dealing with how the media can portray these things in a way that can be a little misleading. Guns misused, are certainly a problem, and we need to pay attention to that problem.

However, the media and others on one side of the gun control issue, regularly misuse information and make a weapon of it, in an effort to remove the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves, there loved ones, and innocent others. It would be nice to be able to leave those responsibilities in the hands of law enforcement, but there is no practical way to insure, that law enforcement personal can be at the scene of an unfolding event, in time to prevent problems. Sometimes the first responder, needs to be the fastest responder, an ordinary armed citizen.

Not to derail the thread, we need to be praying for the well being of those harmed, getting help for those who are injured and those who will be perpetrators of the future, as well and those traumatized by these sorts of events, and the whole system of law enforcement, legislation, justice, and right attitudes and solutions in general, until the Lord returns.

For those interested in the article I mentioned, it can be found here:

https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
59 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Supposedly he was told not to bring a backpack to school, because of anything he could have hidden in it. 

He had been kicked out of multiple schools. 

He had posted pictures on facebook of himself and weapons. 

He had made threats about shooting people. 

His brother has severe behavioral problems just like he does.

Along with what yowm said, there were plenty of warning signs. 

There was someone from Tennessee that saw his stuff either youtube or FB and called the FBI six months ago and they didn't do anything about him.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

For one, he was waving and taunting with his guns on FaceBook.

Controversial former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik has accused the FBI of “wasting resources chasing Russian collusion,” instead of pursuing tips about potential criminals, such as the Florida school shooter. Kerik, who served as police commissioner during the 9/11 attacks, referred to an article on Thursday that said a YouTube user named 'Nikolas Cruz' had announced last September: “I'm going to be a professional school shooter.”

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Controversial former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik has accused the FBI of “wasting resources chasing Russian collusion,” instead of pursuing tips about potential criminals, such as the Florida school shooter. Kerik, who served as police commissioner during the 9/11 attacks, referred to an article on Thursday that said a YouTube user named 'Nikolas Cruz' had announced last September: “I'm going to be a professional school shooter.”

Praying, just "WOW

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Another possible excuse? Girlfriend dumped me because I'm crazy?

THE teen accused of the Florida school shooting was a member of a white supremacist group and participated in its paramilitary drills before the massacre.
Group leader Jordan Jereb told the Associated Press that Nikolas Cruz, 19, was part of his organisation Republic of Florida, which seeks to create a white ethno-state within the US that is divorced from the modern world.

Mr Cruz would take part in the group’s “spontaneous random demonstrations” near the state capital of Tallahassee and seemed like “a normal Florida white guy”, according to Mr Jereb.

While authorities have not offered a motive for Mr Cruz’s alleged attack — which killed 17 and injured at least 14 others — Mr Jereb indicated that heartbreak may have been behind it.

Mr Jereb didn’t know him personally, but he said the suspected shooter had “trouble with a girl” and suggested the fact the attack came on Valentine’s Day was not a coincidence.

“We don’t really endorse doing the things he did,” Mr Jereb said.
“But at the same time, it’s inevitable that people are going to go crazy because we live in an inherently sick society.
“He acted on his own behalf of what he just did and he’s solely responsible for what he just did.”

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/nikolas-cruz-charged-with-17-counts-of-murder-following-florida-school-shooting/news-story/9b933f3b83bea0ccd545b2691966dc9e