• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What is the Standard to use ?  What Standard does YHVH give to use, and say to use, always ?

YHVH said ,   He who loves me keeps my sayings.

YHVH said,   do not think that I came to judge,  

the words that I have spoken  SHALL BE YOUR JUDGE on the last day.

quite simple .  we judge by HIS STANDARDS , BY HIS SAYINGS , BY HIS RULES , BY WHAT HE DEEMS RIGHT

We live by every word of GOD, we live BY THE LIVING WORD OF GOD. WE LIVE BY and WALK BY THE SPIRIT of GOD.

WE judge not by appearance we judge not by opinions, we judge not by what many teach we should.

WE judge by HIS SAYINGS , and what HE DEEMS GOOD we DEEM GOOD and what HE calles evil   WE consider evil.

Quite a simple walk IF SO BE we truly HAVE HIM IN US .      HIS STANDARDS , not mens,  HIS .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What is the Standard* to use ?  What Standard does YHVH give to use, and say to use, always ?

*Standard to judge any activity, doctrine, practice, thought, emotion , anything ?

I don't know. I don't know how we even got into this. 

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, And hey it gave me a fine additional time in the word of our God, the Bible, plus it gave me some person thinking time too. It is a good thing for me. Thanks.

Always glad to help. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think sometimes we limit God. When we say stuff like, "God would not use (filling the blank) for his work ". Because it does not fit with our traditional ways of doing things. I think God can and dose work in ways that are unlimited and at times, untraditional. And before you even start down that road I am not talking about things that are clearly from the dark side. Such as Ouija boards, tarot cards or well you know that sort of stuff. Nope! Not what I am talking about. So anyway........Do you agree? Disagree? I am sure you will let me know. :)

I tend to agree.   I think that often individuals and groups (be it ministries, congregations, or denominations) have a few different reasons for not following God where He leads.   Sometimes fear of the unknown stops us.  Sometimes an arrogance that we already know what God wants so we don't bother to listen.  Sometimes we don't want to give something up (which might not just be things, but our reputation as a ministry or church or denomination, or losing relationships).   Sometimes we like our comfortable rut more than following God.  Sometimes we listen to other voices instead of God ("no Christian would ever do x, y, or z", "you don't want to become a fanatic", "I don't think there is anyway that could be God").  Sometimes we value our opinion more than God's direction ("The Bible says this and I cannot be wrong when I am quoting the Bible").

I'm not sure I'd phrase it that we limit God, but rather that we might choose not to participate in what He is doing and may even find ourselves encouraging others to be like us.  Sometimes, we might go so far as to not only not participate, but to actively reject and fight what God is doing.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know. I don't know how we even got into this. 

Various activities are forbidden by YHVH, ever since the beginning.  (as you noted about very evil conduct).

For instance,  many are not away that for the Jews,  ALL of life is HOLY (set apart to YHVH from the world).

This for them means every occupation, from washing dishes, to doctor, to farming, is HOLY.

Does this mean an occupation like tatooing is holy ? 

No.  Absolutely not.

You see,  for the Jews and ekklesia set apart to YHVH,  that is not an occupation.  They never considered it one, not even to be a possibility.

Likewise things like new age,  rock music,  or being a dealer of gambling.

So ,  in line with TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT, fully,  there are some things many people might consider to be "okay" in "church",  that would never be permitted in Jewish fellowship nor in nor with ekklesia set apart to YHVH.   Oh,  like a few months ago,  the day set apart for evil spirits likewise would not ever be considered okay to participate in,   nor anything that included inappropriate (missing?) clothing.

The Standard is YHVH'S WORD.  Always.    Not what the public thinks or likes or desires, and not what persons in a congregation might bring up - that is not the standard, and everything must be tested/ proven/ approved right and true and in line with YHVH'S rules/ Scripture.

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Likewise things like new age,  rock music,  or being a dealer of gambling.

It is interesting that you put these three things together considering they don't have anything to do with each other. With that said I am not really sure what you are talking about and I think we might be off topic here. But since I don't fully know what you are talking about I can't be for sure if we are off topic or not. :blink:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

It is interesting that you put these three things together considering they don't have anything to do with each other. With that said I am not really sure what you are talking about and I think we might be off topic here. But since I don't fully know what you are talking about I can't be for sure if we are off topic or not. :blink:

The thing they have in common - they do have something to do with each other - is they are forbidden by YHVH and ekklesia will not even think of having anything to do with them.  Same as the Jews when they were in good favor, living right, with YHVH in Israel,  and wherever they are when they are faithful and true to YHVH'S Instructions.

As for being on topic - the Word of YHVH is the Standard.

Some things are never permitted, and even more there is described in His Word is not good even to be brought up for nor i discussion.

So some things in 'church' would never be considered to do,  by the leaders in the assembly,

while other things may be considered,  all according to YHVH'S WORD and YHVH'S JUDGMENT,

not according to people's feelings nor desires.

23 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think sometimes we limit God. When we say stuff like, "God would not use (filling the blank) for his work ". Because it does not fit with our traditional ways of doing things. I think God can and dose work in ways that are unlimited and at times, untraditional. And before you even start down that road I am not talking about things that are clearly from the dark side. Such as Ouija boards, tarot cards or well you know that sort of stuff. Nope! Not what I am talking about. So anyway........Do you agree? Disagree? I am sure you will let me know. :)

God can use anything, but I will take it a step further than you and say he can even use evil to bring about his will.  He used an evil Pharaoh in Egypt to create an environment that the children of Israel wanted out of so they were willing to leave.  God used Judas Iscariot to bring about his will, that Christ would go to the cross so we can be saved.  God spoke through a donkey when the soothsayer Balaam was on his way to curse Israel.  That is unconventional.  God used a hand and a pen to write on a wall to tell Belshazar his time was through.  

If we are talking about to get people to a place where they are receptive to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior, God can use different methods.  I have heard of people being turned towards the Lord as a result of seeing movies that were about end time events or Jesus, even though the films were not accurate and in one case even blasphemous.  There was one woman that said she came to believe in Jesus through the film, "Jesus Christ, Superstar."  God can use anything, but I am not willing to use any method to try to reach the lost.  I have certain boundaries I won't cross.  God uses the foolishness of preaching to reach the lost, and I feel that if it was good enough then, it is good enough now.  

45 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

'm not sure I'd phrase it that we limit God, but rather that we might choose not to participate in what He is doing and may even find ourselves encouraging others to be like us.

That sounds better the way you put it. I remember back when I was a teen in the youth group. One Sunday night a month the teens in the youth group were put in charged of the evening service. We lead the songs, prayer, and then some Bible reading. We were teens so it was just kept simple. After the service on night, a comment was made by an older person that had they known that this was going to be what they were doing tonight they would have stay home. It was kind of hurtful. The ideal behind it was to encourage the teens to be involved in the church service. It made us take time to read the Bible so that we could do a service. But I guess this person couldn't see the big picture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The thing they have in common - they do have something to do with each other - is they are forbidden by YHVH

No. I do not think that God has forbidden rock music. But that is a topic for another post.