IGNORED

KAC

Guest shiloh357
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, KAC said:

I get your analogy but what if a person had only tasted alcohol once? That doesn't make them an alcoholic and they could realize that drinking was a mistake and not do it again right?

The alcohol analogy isn't really workable here.   Tasting alcohol isn't a sin.  Getting drunk is.    The fact is that you didn't make a mistake.   You know what a mistake is?   A mistake is unintentional.   A mistake is forgetting to turn the oven off before you leave the house.   A mistake is accidentally locking your keys in your car. 

What you committed was intentional and a  sin,  what God calls an abomination.  

You need to repent and stop trying to find a way to continue in a relationship that will tempt you and her.    You need to get as far away as you can from that and you will if you truly repent.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

I agree that it was sin and all but I would like to ask everyone if it is the same thing: man to man homosexual relation and woman to woman? I have a feeling that man to man homosexuality is worse. Then the main question is: is it the same cheating if a woman was with a male lover or with a female lover? May be if a wife is cheating with a male that causes real jealousy. May be some husbands would not feel that offended and jealous if it is an  accidental lesbian affair?  Does it always cause a divorce? What I mean not all sins are equal. Is that right? Major sins, minor sins? What do you think? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

I agree that it was sin and all but I would like to ask everyone if it is the same thing: man to man homosexual relation and woman to woman? I have a feeling that man to man homosexuality is worse. Then the main question is: is it the same cheating if a woman was with a male lover or with a female lover? May be if a wife is cheating with a male that causes real jealousy. May be some husbands would not feel that offended and jealous if it is an  accidental lesbian affair?  Does it always cause a divorce? What I mean not all sins are equal. Is that right? Major sins, minor sins? What do you think? 

Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, vlad said:

I agree that it was sin and all but I would like to ask everyone if it is the same thing: man to man homosexual relation and woman to woman? I have a feeling that man to man homosexuality is worse.

No, it is not worse. God hates it all the same.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

God cannot bless what is not ordained of HIM period! This is definitely not of GOD!!!!! The enemy came in like a flood!

Isaiah 59:18-20 King James Version (KJV)

18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

6 hours ago, vlad said:

May be some husbands would not feel that offended and jealous if it is an  accidental lesbian affair?  Does it always cause a divorce? What I mean not all sins are equal. Is that right? Major sins, minor sins? What do you think? 

Interesting perspective. I've had men tell me they thought it was different, married men. Although I'm not sure. I think it is the same in God's eyes either way, maybe men would just be more willing to forgive a wife that was with a woman than a woman would be if her husband was with another man. I don't think our human willingness to forgive has anything to do with what God says is right or wrong though. But thank you for your thoughts.

And in reference to major and minor sins... I guess I think the difference is the consequences for us. From what I understand, in God's eyes, sin is sin. He cannot look on sin regardless of what it is. The difference is that the consequence of getting drunk, or telling a lie, or being a gossip may not have the lasting effects to our human body and consciousness as a sexual sin has. I get that the sexual union between a husband and wife is supposed to represent the way we become one with Christ. To form a union like that with someone that's not our spouse messes up our mind and spirit for a long time. So even though God forgives us of sin when we ask it, some things are more difficult for us to get past or let go of than others. I get it.

Edited by KAC

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not worse. God hates it all the same.

Clear.

6 hours ago, KAC said:

Interesting perspective. I've had men tell me they thought it was different, married men. Although I'm not sure. I think it is the same in God's eyes either way, maybe men would just be more willing to forgive a wife that was with a woman than a woman would be if her husband was with another man. I don't think our human willingness to forgive has anything to do with what God says is right or wrong though. But thank you for your thoughts.

And in reference to major and minor sins... I guess I think the difference is the consequences for us. From what I understand, in God's eyes, sin is sin. He cannot look on sin regardless of what it is. The difference is that the consequence of getting drunk, or telling a lie, or being a gossip may not have the lasting effects to our human body and consciousness as a sexual sin has. I get that the sexual union between a husband and wife is supposed to represent the way we become one with Christ. To form a union like that with someone that's not our spouse messes up our mind and spirit for a long time. So even though God forgives us of sin when we ask it, some things are more difficult for us to get past or let go of than others. I get it.

A sin is a sin but there are deadly sins and that gave me the idea of stratification of sins. That is all beyond our knowledge though. Only God knows that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Edited by KAC