• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

39 minutes ago, KAC said:

What can I do?

You not only cheated on your husbands, but on your faith - displaying unfaithfulness to YHVH the Creator and JESUS Who died for you.

What do you think you should do ?

(remember all of our feelings and desires and hopes and dreams in the flesh are to be crucified in Christ Jesus - not allowed to lead us astray, so we are not to follow our feelings no matter how deep, as they are so deceptive).

"Love" as YHVH says in His Word, is akin to , tightly bound to, obedience - a choice of the will,  not emotion.

Choose Who to obey,  God or something else.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, KAC said:

Problem. I am a Christian heterosexual married woman. I have children. I've been married the majority of my adult life. I have recently met a woman who I consider a super close kindred spirit. She is also married and her marriage is good.  It's like we are the same person almost in two different bodies. We are so attracted to one another that we stepped over the boundaries and had a sexual encounter. We both knew it was wrong and vow not to go there again. Can we still be friends? Can we get past this error in judgement? My friend sees a therapist that says we had an affair, cheated on our spouses, and should never see each other again. But seriously, this woman is like the missing piece to my puzzle, I feel like I cannot live without her. Like we are spiritual sisters. I need her. We have stopped speaking tonput some distance between us and try to go back to an appropriate place. But I can't stand not speaking to her, I feel like I'm suffocating. I know we can have an appropriate friendship. What can I do?

I know that in your heart, you believe you would never sin with this woman again, but be completely honest.  Are you still attracted to her?  If not, what happened to change that?  Let me ask another question.  If your husband had an affair with another man or woman, would you be ok with him keeping the friendship, but saying he could control himself and not cheat on you again?  

One thing you never mentioned is if your husband knows about the incident, and if so, how did they react?  I am not telling you to go to your husband and say anything if that will destroy your marriage.  Confess it to God and don't do it again, but you do need to consider this.  If your husband knew, how would he feel about you continuing this friendship?  I think in your heart that you know the answer to your question.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I just know it's not of God. Nothing good can come out of it if continue. God cannot make a blessing or fix something if it is not right with him. I know from experience. Have to make right with God in order for him to bless or fix it.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Staying friends with her would be like an alcoholic swearing off alcohol because if he continues drinking it will totally ruin his life, but after swearing off it, he continues to buy it telling himself he will never take another drink.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I get your analogy but what if a person had only tasted alcohol once? That doesn't make them an alcoholic and they could realize that drinking was a mistake and not do it again right?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, KAC said:

I get your analogy but what if a person had only tasted alcohol once? That doesn't make them an alcoholic and they could realize that drinking was a mistake and not do it again right?

LIke King David only got one Bathsheba ?  He was later forgiven after he repented with deep sorrow and much grief and sorrow,  but he was divinely punished and he suffered greatly for that once.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know.

Edited by KAC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

People make mistakes, some bigger than others, but they are all mistakes.  You need a clean break and spend time alone with God, a one on one discussion.  What you do next is between Him and you.  Anything else will not work as you want it to work.

• Thumbs Up 1