IGNORED

1 Corinthians 11:15 (long haired women)

MMAlex

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Then one must do what they think is the right thing for them to do. How God directs them to do.  But I do not think that we should look at a women with short hair and say "you are not as holy as I am for shame!" 

Then you must do what you think is right in how you view a woman with short hair.  I see them as bringing shame on their husband and Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I am ending this discussion as I feel I am being unfairly bashed and judge.  It is clear by the comments to my post that no one whats to have an adult debate on this topic.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Davida said:

There is a pattern here that has repeated itself OVER and OVER....and OVER....

I'd pull my hair out...
but that would make it that much shorter and obedient exclaim on head 245.jpg

Guest Butero
53 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I am ending this discussion as I feel I am being unfairly bashed and judge.  It is clear by the comments to my post that no one whats to have an adult debate on this topic.  

What did anyone say that showed we were not having an adult conversation?  Davida was asking how you follow God's leading outside of scripture, which seems like a legitimate question.  When I am trying to figure out of I am living right, I look to God's Word and compare my life.  I don't go by my feelings.  Our feelings can be wrong.  I can feel alright while committing sin if my conscience is seared.  She was asking if you are saying God is actually speaking to you and telling you that it is ok to do things contrary to his written Word in some instances?  

To Davida:  If I have misrepresented you in any way, say so.  That is my impression of what you meant, but if I took you wrong, let me know.  

Guest Butero
54 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I'd pull my hair out...
but that would make it that much shorter and obedient exclaim on head 245.jpg

Back in November, in trying to make sure my hair was short, I attempted to cut it, and made a mess.  Sometimes it comes out ok.  My current hair cut is fine, but I can't see the back of my head, so I put a guard on the shears and try to get it as even as possible.  In November, I messed it up bad, and I wound up taking the guard off of it entirely, and had it so short, I was almost bald.  My hair was still short 2 months later.  I had to give myself another hair cut a couple of weeks ago.  

The thing is that I take God's Word serious.  If he says men should have short hair, I don't look for ways around it.  I try to obey it.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am not given to the externals to much as I understand the passing away of such... the internal matters of s/Spirit that is the focus whereby I am being fitted for the new body when that time comes :)  I cut my hair as well... I  use a short comb and go over my entire head till all unified length then trim around ears and use a belt wrapped around neck to guide me for an even cut in back... everyone says it looks fine :thumbsup:  I haven't paid for a barber in ten years :clap: 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Some women are even known to  shave their heads, in sympathy for a relative and close friend that  is suffering the effects of Chemotherapy.

Is there evil hiding there, a rebellion against God?

I really don't get how a man can judge a woman's faith and heart by her hair-style.

Well, this is different. In this case its a sympathetic gesture. 

What I'm talking about is the far-left women who did it out of some sort of rebellion. They usually have their hair dyed, nose rings, are radically feminzed, hate white people, pro abortion, pro LGBTQ, ect. 

Just another thing Ive noticed what these people turn down what is up.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, MMAlex said:

Well, this is different. In this case its a sympathetic gesture. 

Maybe, yet nothing like this is indicated in Scripture.  Instead ,  they preached the truth,  prayed , helped, and healed people, and cast out demons wherever they went. (as written in the NEW TESTAMENT).

Today,  if someone uses street drugs and gets covered with boils from infections and loses their hair,  would it help them at all to shave your head for them,  or rather like DAVID WILKERSON and HIS MINISTRIES DID - HELP THEM !   Help set them free !   Preach the gospel to them, teach them the truth (over 2 to 6 years as needed) and heal them ! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Well, call me degenerate then and take away my church membership.

My hair length falls between my earlobes and the top of my shoulders.

I've been on Christian message boards for 16 years.  In that time, I've seen countless people harping on what women wear, say, do, keep their hair, keep their children,  keep their households, their intellect, their spirituality, and their status as wives, singles, and widows.  And these threads generally debase women as spiritually inferior to men in some manner or another.  That's the OP's purpose of these threads, in my opinion.  And they are started by women as well as men.

In that time, what I have NEVER seen is a thread harping on the same things in reference to men.

It seems in the land of internet Christian groups - men don't have to toe any sort of line like women do.  Just my observation for almost two decades.  Give it a few months and all of these topics pertaining to women will come up all over again as if they never have.  It's that way everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Jayne said:

Well, call me degenerate then and take away my church membership.

My hair length falls between my earlobes and the top of my shoulders.

I've been on Christian message boards for 16 years.  In that time, I've seen countless people harping on what women wear, say, do, keep their hair, keep their children,  keep their households, their intellect, their spirituality, and their status as wives, singles, and widows.  And these threads generally debase women as spiritually inferior to men in some manner or another.  That's the OP's purpose of these threads, in my opinion.  And they are started by women as well as men.

In that time, what I have NEVER seen is a thread harping on the same things in reference to men.

It seems in the land of internet Christian groups - men don't have to toe any sort of line like women do.  Just my observation for almost two decades.  Give it a few months and all of these topics pertaining to women will come up all over again as if they never have.  It's that way everywhere.

That sounds long enough. Take your membership back.