IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

Prayerfully spoke to a half a dozen people today of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ! And passed out a few Christian tracts in English and Spanish.

Romans 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

As Christians, may we all look to be glorifying God in our varied gifts in His One Body! :)

1Co 12:12-14  For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  (13)  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.  (14)  For the body is not one member, but many.

If only the members of the Body would see each other as complementary instead of as competition. Each member, as he is living and doing according to Christ, has his purpose and is for the benefit of the Body, and the source of whatever he has is God. There is nothing to be proud of or to boast about except Jesus Christ in us---and not in an unrighteous way. Whatever spiritual gift a man may have is for the building up of the Church, both bringing people in, and growing, strengthening and helping those who are already in it, to the glory of God.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. (Galatians 5:25,26)

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:15, 16)

• Praise God! 1

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires.

Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.

But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

(James 1:19-25)

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.  For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Rom 8:1-4.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.  For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Rom 8:1-4.

*who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  Romans 8:1 (KJV)

Indeed, being set free from the Law of Moses and justified in Christ is a great blessing, for Jews who have been born again, like the ones Paul was addressing here, and I rejoice for them. Gentiles, however, were never under the Law in the first place. They need to be justified in Christ too, but they don't need to be set free from the Law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

If only the members of the Body would see each other as complementary instead of as competition.

They do, as written in His Word, as directed and inspired by YHVH (God) in Christ Jesus,

though not all have yet achieved what Christ has called them for.

5 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

If only the members of the Body would see each other as complementary instead of as competition. Each member, as he is living and doing according to Christ, has his purpose and is for the benefit of the Body, and the source of whatever he has is God. There is nothing to be proud of or to boast about except Jesus Christ in us---and not in an unrighteous way. Whatever spiritual gift a man may have is for the building up of the Church, both bringing people in, and growing, strengthening and helping those who are already in it, to the glory of God.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. (Galatians 5:25,26)

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:15, 16)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

*who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  Romans 8:1 (KJV)

Indeed, being set from the Law of Moses and justified in Christ is a great blessing, for Jews who have been born again, like the ones Paul was addressing here, and I rejoice for them. Gentiles, however, were never under the Law in the first place. They need to be justified in Christ too, but they don't need to be set free from the Law.

Few know who wrote TORAH , or how often "TORAH" is in Scripture OT and NT >

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=TORAH&qs_version=CJB&limit=500

(410 Bible results for “TORAH.”)  OT 174 times and NT 236 times !

“Moreover, it will serve you as a sign on your hand and as a reminder between your eyes, so that Adonai’s Torah may be on your lips; because with a strong hand Adonai brought you out of Egypt.

Adonai said to Moshe, “Here, I will cause bread to rain down from heaven for you. The people are to go out and gather a day’s ration every day. By this I will test whether they will observe my Torah or not.

Adonai said to Moshe, “Come up to me on the mountain, and stay there. I will give you the stone tablets with the Torah and the mitzvot I have written on them, so that you can teach them.”

Hebrews 10 CJB - For the Torah has in it a shadow of the - Bible ...

For the Torah has in it a shadow of the good things to come, but not the actual manifestation of the originals. Therefore, it can never, by means of.
Hebrews 10:1 For the Torah has in it a shadow of the good things to come, but not the actual manifestation of the originals. Therefore, it can never, by means of the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, bring to the goal those who approach the H... Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

1 Timothy 1:8-18 - CJB - We know that the Torah is good, provided ...

www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/1-timothy/passage/?q=1-timothy+1:8-18
1 Timothy 1:8-18 We know that the Torah is good, provided one uses it in the way the Torah itself intends. We are aware that Torah is not for a person who is righteous, but for those who are heedless of Torah and rebellious, ungodly and sinful, wicked and worldly,... Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
John 7:19 CJB · John 7:18 John 7 John 7:20 · In Context Parallel Compare. Complete Jewish Bible Copyright 1998 by David H. Stern. Published by Jewish New Testament Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. (The Complete Jewish Bible Online) ...
Daniel 9:13 As written in the Torah of Moshe, this whole disaster came upon us. Yet we did not appease ADONAI our God by renouncing our wrongdoing and discerning your truth. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
Hebrews 9:22 In fact, according to the Torah, almost everything is purified with blood; indeed, without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
Acts 7:53 you! - who receive the Torah as having been delivered by angels - but do not keep it!" Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

Psalm 1:2 Their delight is in ADONAI's Torah; on his Torah they meditate day and night. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

• Thumbs Up 2

Keep the New Testament as your standard and guide for living, and be mindful of the Lord and of His will in all that you do; and don't make the mistake of comparing yourself to the world around you, or of accepting its standards for yourself. The world's standard is not God's standard; nor does the one the world follows have our best interest at heart, but rather our harm and destruction, as he has from the beginning.

It is the standard of the New Testament by which Christians are judged and will be judged by God, and not the world's; and the wise live mindful of this.

By comparison to the men of Sodom, Lot looked alright; but not compared to Abraham. Lot was hardly an exemplary saint, though he was the only righteous man in Sodom.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you're good because the people around you are worse. Make sure you're comparing yourself to God's word and to Jesus Christ, our Example, always looking to Him in your heart, and not to the world that surrounds you; for if you take your eyes off of the word of God and begin to compare yourself to the world, and to judge yourself by its standards, you will become lax in your ways, and more and more like the world.

To live holy in the midst of and against the constant influence of this Godless, sin-loving, God-hating world, is to swim against the current. Christians must be mindful and careful to do this at all times, as the people of this world do not have to be; for this world is made for them. It is not made for us.

If we neglect to be so careful and purposeful, we will go with the flow of the current of this world, which is away from God.

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Ephesians 5:15-17)

Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; guard her, for she is your life. (Proverbs 4:13)

Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil. (Proverbs 4:25-27)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Few know who wrote TORAH , or how often "TORAH" is in Scripture OT and NT >

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=TORAH&qs_version=CJB&limit=500

(410 Bible results for “TORAH.”)  OT 174 times and NT 236 times !

“Moreover, it will serve you as a sign on your hand and as a reminder between your eyes, so that Adonai’s Torah may be on your lips; because with a strong hand Adonai brought you out of Egypt.

Adonai said to Moshe, “Here, I will cause bread to rain down from heaven for you. The people are to go out and gather a day’s ration every day. By this I will test whether they will observe my Torah or not.

Adonai said to Moshe, “Come up to me on the mountain, and stay there. I will give you the stone tablets with the Torah and the mitzvot I have written on them, so that you can teach them.”

Hebrews 10 CJB - For the Torah has in it a shadow of the - Bible ...

For the Torah has in it a shadow of the good things to come, but not the actual manifestation of the originals. Therefore, it can never, by means of.
Hebrews 10:1 For the Torah has in it a shadow of the good things to come, but not the actual manifestation of the originals. Therefore, it can never, by means of the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, bring to the goal those who approach the H... Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

1 Timothy 1:8-18 - CJB - We know that the Torah is good, provided ...

www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/1-timothy/passage/?q=1-timothy+1:8-18
1 Timothy 1:8-18 We know that the Torah is good, provided one uses it in the way the Torah itself intends. We are aware that Torah is not for a person who is righteous, but for those who are heedless of Torah and rebellious, ungodly and sinful, wicked and worldly,... Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
John 7:19 CJB · John 7:18 John 7 John 7:20 · In Context Parallel Compare. Complete Jewish Bible Copyright 1998 by David H. Stern. Published by Jewish New Testament Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission. (The Complete Jewish Bible Online) ...
Daniel 9:13 As written in the Torah of Moshe, this whole disaster came upon us. Yet we did not appease ADONAI our God by renouncing our wrongdoing and discerning your truth. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
Hebrews 9:22 In fact, according to the Torah, almost everything is purified with blood; indeed, without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.
Acts 7:53 you! - who receive the Torah as having been delivered by angels - but do not keep it!" Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

Psalm 1:2 Their delight is in ADONAI's Torah; on his Torah they meditate day and night. Read verse in The Complete Jewish Bible.

Jeff I don't think many understand what being made free means .   being made free from sin to become servants of righteousness.

Some use grace to make void the law , which is scary as heck cause if any pays attention it says so long as you LIVE you are still UNDER THE LAW

we must be dead to be free from being under the curse of the law .   Dead ,   as in dead unto sin .    for if we transgress we are convinced by the law as transgressors .

I don't think people understand that JESUS sayings actually fulflill the law the way we should simply live . 

Two things , both dangerous .   going about to establish our own righteousness apart from faith  is certain death

and trying make Jesus the author of lawlessness is deadly as well.     I flat out fear for so many.     

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Jeff I don't think many understand what being made free means .   being made free from sin to become servants of righteousness.

Some use grace to make void the law , which is scary as heck cause if any pays attention it says so long as you LIVE you are still UNDER THE LAW

we must be dead to be free from being under the curse of the law .   Dead ,   as in dead unto sin .    for if we transgress we are convinced by the law as transgressors .

I don't think people understand that JESUS sayings actually fulflill the law the way we should simply live . 

Two things , both dangerous .   going about to establish our own righteousness apart from faith  is certain death

and trying make Jesus the author of lawlessness is deadly as well.     I flat out fear for so many.     

The more I read your posts the more I see you are using scripture wrong.  We are not under law. We are in fact dead to the law. Otherwise we could not bear fruit. If we are under law then we don't belong to Jesus. And will be liable for our sin. Read Roms 7.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

The more I read your posts the more I see you are using scripture wrong.  We are not under law. We are in fact dead to the law. Otherwise we could not bear fruit. If we are under law then we don't belong to Jesus. And will be liable for our sin. Read Roms 7.

Wayne I never said we were under the law .     You see exactly what you want to see.     You need to see me as in error .

Out of the kindness of my heart I will send you a video that I found that confirms what I warned about the delusion to come in twenty eighteen.

Its evil , vile and wicked and these men are under satans spell.     let me know what you think of it .